Annelise nn Annie or Hannah nn Annie?

Hey everyone!
Been searching for some Annie full forms lately, as it’s a nickname I really love.
I’ve realised my favourite full forms of Annie are Hannah and Annelise * :blush:
Which do you prefer and why?
Thank you :heart:
*This is the only spelling of Annelise I like. The extra e looks too clunky.
PS. I wish I could use Anne, I really do. But everyone in my life haaaates it, so I need to find an alternative for Annie.

I prefer [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] for [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f] would get confusing and you’d always be correcting people. Also, I just generally prefer [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] - such a sweet, pretty name! :tulip::sunflower:

3 Likes

Thank you!
What vibes would you say [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] gives off?
Also is this still an official spelling? On my device, there is a red underline.

1 Like

To me, [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] has warm, golden, cottagecore vibes. [name_f]Spring[/name_f] time, flowers, sunshine, and freshly baked bread. A sweet and soft, yet slightly defiant energy. A little girl who loves climbing trees in her best dresses just to prove she can.

[name_f]Annelise[/name_f] is my go to spelling. I’m not sure how else it would be spelled? [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] maybe, but I think that looks clunky. I’m surprised your device doesn’t recognise it.

3 Likes

[name_f]Annelise[/name_f]. I’ve known wayy too many Hannahs so it doesn’t really sparkle for me anymore, although I love [name_f]Annie[/name_f] so the idea of doing [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f] does make me like it a bit more.

I’ve definitely seen [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] around so I think it’s a legit spelling. It makes sense to me, Ann+elise. I go back and forth on if I personally prefer the original [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] or the simpler [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] so this spelling is either my fave or second fave version and definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

1 Like

Anneliese is the official German spelling, but my device also does a red line under that. Probably just a strange device quirk!
I love those vibes you get from Annelise! Definitely what I was going for. I love the nickname Annie with it.
It doesn’t give a line after Annalise though and it often tried to autocorrect to that. What do you think of that spelling?
Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is very common, and I haven’t met any Hannah’s with the nickname [name_f]Annie[/name_f], they’re all just [name_f]Hannah[/name_f].
[name_f]Annelise[/name_f] on the other hand is lovely, I’ve only met 1 (idk the spelling) and that was a long time ago.
I love that it incorporates the meanings from both [name_u]Anne[/name_u] and [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]Annelise[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is wonderful! [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is lovely and cozy too- but [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] feels a little fresher I think, and [name_f]Annie[/name_f] might stick more naturally as a nickname for [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] compared to [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. As far as spellings, I’ve also seen [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] and [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] (which might be the original?), but [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] is my favorite!

[name_f]Annelise[/name_f]! It feels more intuitive

i’m a hannah “annie” which i love so i’m always team that!!!

annelise “annie” is super sweet too though, i do prefer annelise as a name to hannah overall but hannah “annie” is so special to me i have to back it!

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], but [name_f]Annie[/name_f] seems a little weird as a nn to me. Because it just seems like it should be [name_f]Hannie[/name_f]. [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] is sweet though, & I very much prefer this spelling to any other. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]? I’m a big fan of [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

Really don’t like [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] though. But I feel those would get [name_f]Susie[/name_f] and [name_u]Julie[/name_u] rather than [name_f]Annie[/name_f] :cold_sweat:

I would choose [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] over [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] to get to the nickname [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. I think a lot of people would be sort of resistant to Hannah-nicknamed-Annie, because [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is usually a standalone name. Like, they might try Hannie… which, as a mom to an [name_f]Annie[/name_f] which is my favorite name in the world, would be devastating. :wink: [name_f]Do[/name_f] love the name [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], just [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], though.

I may have mentioned this to you before (I’ve mentioned it on a few posts in the past), but our top formal name for the nickname [name_f]Annie[/name_f] was [name_f]Anneline[/name_f]. Still love it, but just doesn’t fit our girl. She’s a straight-up [name_f]Annie[/name_f].

I did like [name_f]Annelise[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband did not.

1 Like

Did you use a full name for [name_f]Annie[/name_f], or just [name_f]Annie[/name_f]?

1 Like

I like [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] better (both for getting to “Annie” and in general)! :grapes:

She’s sparkier and so much more exciting to me. In elementary school, there were three girls named [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] in my class (of 90) alone. I myself have two cousins named [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. In a sea of girls named [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], I’d prefer to be an [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]. (Plus, I don’t think [name_f]Annie[/name_f] makes as intuitive a nickname for [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] as she does for [name_f]Annelise[/name_f], on a different note.)

[name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_u]Marion[/name_u] (Marion is an honor middle). [name_f]Annie[/name_f] was our favorite name, and we decided to just go for that instead of something more formal when I was pregnant with her. I think it was meant to be. She takes great pride in her name, and likes to be called “just Annie” all the time!

I love the name [name_f]Annelise[/name_f]!

Is it possible to simply use [name_f]Annie[/name_f]?
Anyway I prefer [name_f]Hannah[/name_f].
I dislike [name_f]Annelise[/name_f], but I like [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f].

[name_f]Annalise[/name_f] really puts the emphasis on the [name_f]Anna[/name_f] part for me. I prefer the [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] spelling because it better represents how we say the name (at least in Australia). We say “an-el-iss” with a schwa sound, not an a sound.

I’m also from Australia, and everyone I’ve ever met has always said it ANNA-leese!
Must be regional differences! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like