Any thoughts on website update?

I’ve added this to our list, and I will also look into entering names from the name page. Thanks for all this feedback!

2 Likes

I just realized the international and diminutive variations section is gone on the name pages. [name_m]Will[/name_m] you be adding that back in?

6 Likes

I will ask about that too.

1 Like

So just an addition on the comments. The bad comments were a good thing! Would you rather see those comments before you have fallen in love with a name or after you have named a beloved child? Because they will be happening even if it’s behind your back. As a rule the majority of berries are polite and friendly so nobody’s going to comment on a thread negatively when someone has said they are considering a specific name. In the comments they were free to express dislike for a name without feeling they were attacking an individual user who loves that name. As an example. I recently asked for opinions on the name [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]. I got a tonne of positive comments (which were nice to see) and the most negative I got was that the name was not one users favourite but was still usable. As an old name I doubt it is to everyone’s taste. I can only loudly agree with everyone who wants the comments back. Some of the nastiest comments about some names were always in the official descriptions anyway. To be honest it feels like a reduction in moderation work rather than an improvement to the site.

Also, the new fonts are terrible to read. Please please go back to the old font style as the new one hurts my eyes.

8 Likes

I really do agree with you about the negative comments. For me personally, it is better to know ahead of time what people honestly think! And, as you said, unlike in the forums, it doesn’t feel like they are attacking one person.

4 Likes

Yes, it is :slight_smile: thank you!

1 Like

This is not a big issue at all but I found this kind of strange (this may not even be related to the update but…):

1 Like

Oops, the origin must be missing in the database, so the default text is there but not the custom text. I will fix this tomorrow.

1 Like

All the Nameberry administrators are so fantastic, but because I care a lot about the site, I did want to share my opinion. I have been a member of Nameberry since the website launched (under various usernames) and it is by far the best name site out there. Unfortunately the overall look of site no longer reflects the great style and flair of the [name_u]Berry[/name_u] community. Honestly, if I were a new name nerd and scrolling various sites, I wouldn’t look twice at this particular website because it is bland and empty and I would have no idea all the great taste it is hiding inside! I feel like Namberry has “personality” of its own and it’s not black and white.

14 Likes

Hmm, I’m not able to log in on the main page to access lists and such :thinking:

I completely agree. It’s almost heartbreaking, in a way. I feel like we’ve collectively lost something that represented our community. I don’t look at names on Nameberry anymore (though I browse the forums).

5 Likes

@leafsgirl44 Are you getting an error message?

No, I just log in and then it takes me back to the home page and tells me to sign in again!

What browser and device please?

Google Chrome and a macbook! :slight_smile:

I’ve just tried and it’s working for me on Chrome. Have you got any add-ons installed? Try going through incognito mode and see if you still have issues. If not, it’s likely an add-on conflict.

lol sorry! https://nameberry.com/auth/reset-password?reset_password_token=#{@token}
It still says 404

1 Like

Thanks @RelaxationVacation. We’ve actually had lots of reports of the same thing from people trying to sign up for tor first time, so this must be something else broken by the update. I have already sent a tech report about this but I will add this URL, thanks very much.

1 Like

No add-ons, but my Chrome is outdated! It worked fine on my phone lol

3 posts were split to a new topic: Search function very delayed or not working