Any thoughts on website update?

Will do. [name_m]Set[/name_m] a reminder too.

Sorry to add on.

Just tried to do an advanced search on my pc (Firefox). When I went to hit “search”, it highlights it and puts a side-to-side scroll bar under it, but it doesn’t search.

1 Like

I’ve just moved this over here so I can keep track!

For me, the search bar has the same scroll bar issue, but if I click above that scroll bar towards the top of “Search”, it does work. Does it definitely not work at all in your case?

1 Like

No worries. It’s hard to keep up with what thread we’re on.

If I hit it in the exact right spot, it works. I hit it just a smidge off and it doesn’t.

1 Like

OK, got it. I think @sophiekihm has just added it to the list (sorry [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], crossed wires there!)

2 Likes

Oops, so we did! Yep — adding it now

This may sound like a stupid question, but how do I flip pages for the results of an advanced search?

Not at all! We got rid of the pagination — if you keep scrolling down, more names should load. Let me know if it’s not working for you.

Nope. Not loading. That’s why I thought I was missing something.

2 Likes

Hmm I just tried it and it’s actually not working on Chrome either. Adding it to our list now — thanks!

1 Like

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy here. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to know I’ve not completely lost my mind lately.

2 Likes

Thanks for bearing with us while we sort out the kinks!

2 Likes

Apologies if this has been asked before, but are the blog comments gone?

Yes, they are gone for now. We weren’t getting enough engagement to warrant keeping them on the site, but we will be experimenting with alternatives (likely in the forums!)

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem with name lists as well as search results - more names won’t load when I scroll down.

It looks like it’s trying to load more names when I scroll down but the page keeps reloading and going back to the beginning, and then eventually I get the familiar error message ‘A problem repeatedly occurred’. I was looking at girl names beginning with a K so quite a long list. I’m on an iPhone, using [name_u]Safari[/name_u].

1 Like

I’m not even getting the attempted thinking cycle.

2 Likes

I was able to replicate that on my iPhone as well. I’m adding it to our list!

1 Like

@sophiekihm @katinka

Not sure if this is even possible, but is there potential for a quiz section to be added to the main site as the bloggers create more?

7 Likes

It’s under discussion! Stay tuned :grin:

2 Likes

Is the mobile version of the website the same as the desktop version? I feel like the desktop version looks like it should be on a mobile device. Maybe this is intentional.

Oh, this is something that has bugged me for a while. On the advanced name search why are the options for popular, familiar, unusual not able to be selected individually and unselected? What if I want popular and familiar? What if I click popular but then decide I want all results? This bugs me all the time.

1 Like

Yes, the mobile and desktop versions are the same.

And I totally see your point about the advanced search! I’ve often wished the same thing. I’ll bring it up with the team — it’s definitely doable, although it won’t be high priority.

1 Like