Apologize for wasting anyone's time, but thank you so much.

CO: I am still rooting for [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]!

Me, too!

CO,

I love how you keep using my earlier words against me! Kidding…

Here’s the deal. I love Y names with your last name - I think they are perfect. So, with something like [name]Lucy[/name] or [name]Audrey[/name], which have a nice melody to them, I really think [name]Juliet[/name] is pretty. But, since both [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] have more of a straightforward, somewhat harsh - not in a bad way! - sound, I think you need a name in there with some more melody. Does that make sense?

That’s why I suggested something like [name]Claire[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]. Firstly, Y’s are just beautiful with your last name, but secondly, I think you need something like that, with the added melody, to transition between [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Anderson[/name].

I hope that made some sense! Let me know if you’d like more suggestions!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

CO: Sorry to butt in, but every single one of your posts mentions your love for [name]Eliza[/name]! That must be the name you’ve chosen in your heart. The flow isn’t great with your surname, but it’s definitely not bad and if the names occasionally run into each other it’s not the biggest deal in the world. I have a friend whose name is [name]Emma[/name], with a hyphenated surname, each with THREE separate “m” sounds. It’s a mouthful, but her parents didn’t let it stop them choosing the name they loved. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] is absolutely beautiful, it even looks beautiful. Go for [name]Eliza[/name]! It’s stunning.

I think it would be hard to go wrong with the combos you have now. I just wanted to add (I’m probably not helping) that [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is a beautiful combo. I think [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Claire[/name] are great too. I agree with many of the pp that [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], while not the best flow, is a beautiful name. I remember from one of your very early posts that you keep imagining people misunderstanding and hearing [name]Elijah[/name]. Are you still worried about that?

I didn’t say so yesterday but I like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name] a lot, in fact I think it would be the one that I would choose because it is a spunky, fresh, feminine name and it is a great combo I love the name [name]Grace[/name] too esp in the middle.

I like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] and while I can see that the two “a’s” together are causing a bit of grief for you and some nameberryites, it is not a deal breaker imo. It would not worry me unduly.

I think that when one is named [name]Eliza[/name] people will sit up and take notice and they will be thinking (imo) isn’t that a great name and her last name will slip past them.

Best wishes!

Thank you so much to all of the last few posts. Yes, I do sort of have my heart set on [name]Eliza[/name] to use somewhere. And I’m really not a fan of [name]Claire[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (maybe this one…). I do still like [name]Claire[/name], so I’m torn to either use [name]Claire[/name] and drop [name]Eliza[/name] or else use [name]Eliza[/name] as fn or mn and then drop [name]Claire[/name]. But definitely not feeling compelled to use them both, and there are moments when I’ve gone around and around in circles on this that I then to feel desperate to start fresh and use neither! :slight_smile:

I’ve read so many comments from the author of this site that sibling names are important and to really think about that as you name your children. So this is probably more my hang up than the ‘[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]’ double ‘a’ sound debate… in fact, this doesn’t really bother me… I am much more attached to the name [name]Eliza[/name] (and side note… my husband really likes the idea of being able to call her ‘[name]Ellie[/name]’ every so often), but if I was giving someone else advice on these names and they had two kids named [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name], I’d probably say that [name]Claire[/name] (or [name]Audrey[/name] for that matter) flow better as a sib-set.

So which becomes more important? Loving the name for what the name is, regardless if it’s the BEST match with your other kids. Or else picking a name that you love in which also flows the BEST with your other children… I keep reflecting on an earlier poster’s comment that [name]James[/name], [name]Noah[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] is a little awkward to say…

To me, I think it’s most important to love the name and choose the one that makes you happiest. All of your combos are gorgeous and of the name style, and I can see them all with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. Honestly.

What name sounds best is purely subjective. Some may think [name]Audrey[/name] sounds best with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name], and others may like that [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Claire[/name] work best.

I think it would be a shame for you to pass up whatever name you love the most because you think another name that you don’t love as much may sound a bit better with your boys’ names. ([name]Edit[/name]: I rewrote this, because I wrote the wrong thing before…) :slight_smile:

If you were considering a name that was out of style/dated, or if was totally different in style from your sons’ names, that would
one thing, but to me, all of your favorite names, [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name], and [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], sound fantastic with your boys’ names.

Take care! :slight_smile:

So which becomes more important? Loving the name for what the name is, regardless if it’s the BEST match with your other kids. Or else picking a name that you love in which also flows the BEST with your other children…
Hands down, the more important thing is that you choose the name you love best, not the best fit with siblings. Especially in your case where it’s not like you’re choosing between Makynli (to pick a random, trendy, misspelled name as an example) or [name]Claire[/name] to go with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. I think [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name] all fit fine with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] and none of the three needs to be discarded because of sibset alone.

I keep reflecting on an earlier poster’s comment that [name]James[/name], [name]Noah[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] is a little awkward to say…
This, to me, would be a feeling that warrants eliminating a name. If you think the sound of [name]Eliza[/name] is too hard to say with [name]Noah[/name] or rhymes or is tongue-twistery, then that would be a reason to let it go. Personally, this is why I felt [name]Eleanor[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name] was not a good fit for your family - [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] is definitely too close. I don’t know that [name]Eliza[/name] is the same case (it has a different number of syllables and different beginning sound so it doesn’t seem too close).

CO,

That’s a tough one! Usually, I’d say go with the name you love most, but I thought that you really liked [name]Claire[/name], too!

I know what I’d do if she were my baby - and you probably know what I’d do, too - so I won’t spell out those issues for you again here, unless you ask me to. Some things are more important to me in choosing a name and a sibling set than they are to other people, perhaps than they are to you…

Why don’t you spell out exactly what attracts you to [name]Eliza[/name] over [name]Claire[/name]? Is it the length, the sound, the look, the drama of it all? [name]Do[/name] you feel like your daughter will be more playful and feminine if you name her [name]Eliza[/name] instead of [name]Claire[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think she will like her name more if she is [name]Eliza[/name] rather than [name]Claire[/name]? What is it, precisely, that makes you love one more than the other? Think about it, and get back to me.

If you were to go with [name]Claire[/name], what would you like to use as a middle name, or are you not there yet?

Hang in there! Good luck.

This may or may not make sense to anyone regarding how it relates to the name, but this baby girl feels very special to me (as do all of our children of course :slight_smile: ), but it’s different this time and hard to explain. My mother-in-law and I were very close for the past 10 years. She unexpectantly passed away 2 Thanksgivings ago at a very young age. So it’s now been a little over a year…

My husband and I found out surprisingly that we were expecting last summer, and then learned it was our first girl (and would have been her 1st grand-daughter). Due in February. Right when my husband’s mom’s b-day would have been. This series of events has been emotional needless to say, and I’ve always felt them not to be a coincidence either. So in a way, this little girl feels like such a special rainbow to us and the selection and meaning of her name has left me searching for THE perfect name for her.

Of course we all have our naming styles as well… hence I like the old-fashion, classic, or vintage names already. We’re still unsettled as to how or whether to honor my husband’s mom by using her name… dilemma is her name is less of our style: [name]Leslie[/name] [name]Sharon[/name]. She went by [name]Sharon[/name]. So maybe that is what also keeps me searching and unsettled with names. But the meaning of [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name] feels more elevated to me alongside all of these personal events than [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] does. And that’s the best way I can describe why I feel more of a tug towards [name]Eliza[/name] than I do [name]Claire[/name]… and I guess why I also still feel that tiny bit of doubt as to whether there’s a different name out there that would hold a stronger meaning next to the events we’ve been given. Everything else aside, I love both names.

I’m so sorry for your loss…You could always go with L.S. initials to honor your mother-in-law, or to take into account the meaning of [name]Leslie[/name], “garden by the pool,” you could incorporate a floral name such as [name]Violet[/name], [name]Rose[/name] (or any [name]Rose[/name] name), [name]Lily[/name] (or any [name]Lily[/name] name), [name]Lilac[/name], etc.

Take care!

CO,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law passing so unexpectedly. That is really terrible! Perhaps your having a little girl is in some way a coincidence…

I actually had to go and look up the meaning of each of those names. So, [name]Eliza[/name], or [name]Elizabeth[/name] rather, means “God is my oath,” while [name]Grace[/name] means “grace.” [name]Claire[/name], on the other hand, means “illustrious,” whereas [name]Juliet[/name] means “youthful.” Personally, I don’t think either one has a bad meaning - they are all lovely! I don’t want to sell a name to you - really, I don’t! - but illustrious, according to the dictionary, means “notably outstanding because of dignity or achievements or actions.” Personally, I love this meaning, and I don’t know what kind of woman Grandma [name]Sharon[/name] was, but I imagine she was a kind person whose life was marked by good deeds and concern for others. Would [name]Claire[/name]'s meaning not be a way to honor her, then?

As far as finding a name to honor [name]Leslie[/name] [name]Sharon[/name], definitely neither seem to work for you as they are. [name]Sharon[/name], as you said she went by, is a Hebrew name meaning “flat clearing.” Not the most inspiring, really. [name]Leslie[/name], according to Nameberry, means “garden by the pool” - again, not particularly inspiring. However, on another site I came across, the authors suggested that [name]Leslie[/name] may be derived from Lece, a medieval form of [name]Letitia[/name], which so happens to mean “joy.”

With the meaning of “joy” - even if it doesn’t go back to [name]Leslie[/name], it would be a way to honor the joy your mother-in-law gave your family, right? - there are many names you could use. [name]Abigail[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] are two. If we link joy to happiness, we get [name]Blythe[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name], too!

Back to the Nameberry definition of [name]Leslie[/name], a nature name may be appropriate. A classic one like [name]Rose[/name], [name]Lily[/name], or [name]Violet[/name] might be nice, or something more notable, like [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], or [name]Bryony[/name]. Or, what about [name]Sharon[/name]'s favorite flower?

So, what are your thoughts on all that?

[name]Do[/name] like the suggestions of the nature/flower names. And also [name]Joy[/name]. As hard as it’s been to search for names, may have a hard time finding two names with the initials L.S., but could look into this!

As for [name]Grace[/name], hope people don’t find this offensive, but reason it connects for us is that it’s the core of our faith. And this loss has been so difficult for us b/c it was depression she suffered from and a circumstance of taking her life. [name]Grace[/name] is what helps us all cope with this to leave us with eternal hope for such awful tragedies. [name]Eliza[/name] leaves us with ‘God is Bountiful’… but definitley not trying to say there aren’t other names more symbolic in meaning.

CO: I am so sorry about your mother-in-law, and understand your need to choose the perfect name for your daughter, who is a blessing! Have you thought of [name]Lila[/name] (a beautiful, flowery “L” name which would go with her first name initial and it would honor her mn [name]Sharon[/name], which is also a flower. (We have beautiful [name]Rose[/name] of Sharons in our backyard) SO, you could go with [name]Lila[/name] [name]Grace[/name], which is just stunning.

I’m so sorry about your mother-in-law, and love that the name [name]Grace[/name] is so special to you. I think it’s a beautiful name, and it sounds so perfect for you.

You could also honor your mother in law by using her birthstone (if it’s one with a good name) :-), or the flower of her birth month.

I’m glad you liked the initials idea!

L names:

[name]Lydia[/name] ([name]Lydia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] would give you LS initials–I love [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]!)
[name]Lucy[/name] (not with an S middle, though)
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] (not with an S middle, though)
[name]Leah[/name] (has [name]Noah[/name]'s h ending, though)

S:

[name]Susannah[/name] (Oops…I forgot about [name]Anderson[/name] and [name]Anna[/name]…)
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] (see [name]Leah[/name])
[name]Seraphina[/name]/[name]Seraphine[/name] (plus, it’s an angel, which could honor your mother-in-law)

Again, I’m so sorry about your mother-in-law…

Take care…

[name]Rollo[/name],
Thanks for saying this little bit of advice. I feel like I’m much in the same boat as CO and found your words to really help. So much we get so caught up in the naming process that we don’t really just sit there without TRYING to think of the perfect name and let it come to us. I’ve been scouring and searching online, through books, etc…I’ve never just sat there and let it come to me, free of any “what-ifs” or “but someone might think this” kind of thoughts.

CO,
Best of luck to you. I’m very interested in what you end up choosing so please let us know. I wish I had some awesome words of advice like so many of these others, but I’m just as stuck as you and due on the 27th of Feb. It does help to ease my mind a bit knowing that I’m not the only one annoying family and friends with name talk, as well as, blowing up babyname forums. haha…; ). Not too sure if we’ll be able to find “the golden name” that ends up making us say “ah ha!”. I think we both have such love for our lists that we may just end up having to pick a name that gives us peace. Like everyone said your list is beautiful and you can’t really go wrong at all with any of them. Best of luck to you! I’ll be thinking of you and waiting to here what you end up with.

CO,

LS is a cute idea!

L NAMES
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Lenore[/name]
[name]Libby[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]

(I like [name]James[/name], [name]Noah[/name], and [name]Laurel[/name] OR [name]Lily[/name] OR [name]Louise[/name] OR [name]Lucy[/name])

S NAMES
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Seraphim[/name]
[name]Serenity[/name]
[name]Shea[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Susan[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]

POSSIBLE COMBOS
[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Simone[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] it!
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Serenity[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]

PS I forgot why [name]Lucy[/name] was taken off the list, but [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Joy[/name] or [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Grace[/name] would be cute, too, and the meanings are lovely.

Good luck!

Name meanings are really important to me, too. That is why our daughter’s middle name is [name]Elizabeth[/name].
[name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] have amazing meanings.

I am so sorry about your mother-in-law, and it is so sweet of you to honor her. Names that start with “L” that are very pretty and have great meanings:

[name]Laura[/name] - crown
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]/[name]Lucinda[/name] nn [name]Lucie[/name] - light
[name]Lydia[/name] - church leader in acts.

Names that start with “s” that have amazing meanings:

[name]Sara[/name]/[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Selah[/name] - this word is often as the end of various Psalms and means “rock”.
[name]Susannah[/name]/[name]Susanna[/name]

I am sure that there are more names that start with “S” and “L” that have great meanings. I can’t think of any more though.

I love the name [name]Grace[/name], because it is a very important theme in my life, too. Plus, one of my favorite aunts was named [name]Grace[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Grace[/name] is such a popular middle name, I would be very tempted to use it if I were going to have a little daughter.

Here is a garden name that has a similar meaning to [name]Leslie[/name]: [name]Ardith[/name].

Have you considered [name]Liliana[/name]? I know in the beginning you loved “[name]Anna[/name]”. It might be a good way to incorporate your “anna” without having it be front and center with your last name. You’ll also get the “L” initial.