Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor...

… SURPRISE!!!

So, what do we think?

Personally love it! My new favourite name picked by royals.

1 Like

Though just looked at the comments on social media and most people seemed to hate it. Apparently its a dog name and they wanted something more regal sounding.

Not everyone will be satisfied. I, however, most definitely am! [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] it! It’s unexpected and surprising (in a good way). I’m shocked about two things though:

1. They went so informal. I definitely figured they’d have a nickname for him, but I didn’t think they would stick with a nickname AS the first name. I understand that [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is a name in it’s own right, but still!

2. There’s no honor name. I couldn’t care about how many names he’s given, but I was surprised to see that they didn’t honor anyone else besides [name_m]Harry[/name_m]. I would have thought that [name_m]Philip[/name_m] was a shoo-in!

Regardless, it’s a breath of fresh air for this family. And it’s making me excited about the names of their future kiddos (slowwwwing my roll on that one)! :wink:

I’m not at all surprised! I was expecting something modern, down-to-earth, and accessible. [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is lovely and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] as a middle name made me smile!

Wow! I do like it! [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is great, spunky and a bit nerdy, wich I love. [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is not my style, but it’s a nice name and a nice nod to prince [name_m]Harry[/name_m].

And I’m glad this name hasn’t got any translation in Spanish. I hate that here the press here call them prince Enrique, prince Guillermo, prince Jorge, prince Luis…

It’s a cute name. Not my style but I can appreciate it’s sweetness. Definitely wasn’t expecting something so ‘common’ for them as I know loads of [name_m]Archie[/name_m]’s under the age of 3 (living in the UK, it’s quite popular over here atm) and thought they’d go for something a little less ordinary.

I like how modern it is in comparison to the Cambridge children’s names. I also like how it’s a short form name as I think it really goes well with [name_m]Harry[/name_m].

But I’m not thrilled that they only honoured [name_m]Harry[/name_m]’s name. A nod to [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]’s family or the [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] family would have been nice. I knew they wouldn’t use it but was really hoping for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (for [name_f]Doria[/name_f]) [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] (for [name_f]Diana[/name_f]) as middle names.

I was honestly a little miffed to see the name [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] included in the combo. That’s my number one choice for a boy, so I’m hoping it doesn’t cause too large of a spike.

Overall, [name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] isn’t my style. I said in another thread that there were so many other combos that the Berries came up with that made me swoon - [name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] just doesn’t do it for me.

I don’t care what anyone else says, I love it!! [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is such a cute name and while I’m not typically a fan of nicknames as names, [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is adorable. Not to mention I love it paired with [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]!

I like it! I wasn’t sure how I felt at first, but it’s cute!

I really love it! It feels so personable and I love how they honored [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m].

I was so shocked at their pick! [name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is SO much more modern and not-classic than I expected them to go. I figured it would be something that sounds current and probably quite popular now, something not vintage/old-fashioned, but still classic to some degree. I definitely wasn’t expecting a nickname as the full name either. Something like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. And [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] feels so American! I haven’t come across a single [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] in [name_m]Britain[/name_m] yet.

I love how they honoured [name_m]Harry[/name_m] without using his exact name like the royals usually do, though.

I like it well enough, don’t love or hate it, but given they’re part of the royal family I would have preferred something a bit less “out there” and closer to typically royal. (Though apparently I’m not consistent, because I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Zara[/name_f]'s name!)

And I find it so weird that little [name_m]Archie[/name_m] has a last name :stuck_out_tongue: Especially since he doesn’t share it with either of his parents.

Ok. reading an article and I wonder if all the trashy magazines and gossip columns I read are right about [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] not feeling to accepted into the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] family and [name_m]Harry[/name_m] has always felt on the out compared to [name_m]Wills[/name_m]. So they choose a completely different name to the naming style of the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] [name_m]Palace[/name_m] (what I thought would happen) and maybe a secret meaning in the meanings?

[name_m]Archie[/name_m] means “genuine”, “bold” or “brave”
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] means “son of [name_m]Harry[/name_m]”.

So Genuine Brave/Bold son of [name_m]Harry[/name_m]?
He will most likely be raised differently as I think they have a manor and not in the [name_m]Palace[/name_m]. So they choose a first name which means they are going to be brave and bold raising him differently?
Idk all speculation, I guess as we aren’t part of their immediate family nor friends

It’s not as regal as I would’ve thought, but I really like it! More importantly, I feel like it is a name that they love. Other than honoring [name_m]Harry[/name_m], the name is all his own…no forced honor names. Good on them!

I know I’m in the minority since the vast majority of places I’ve read most didn’t like the name. I even had a person in real life say it was a hideous name. I do like it I think it sounds cute and I like how they named him after his Dad with the middle name [name_m]Harrison[/name_m].

You know, the more I think about it, the more I like it…

Yes, [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is popular (some might even say “trendy”) here in the UK right now, but it’s a friendly, familiar, youthful, upbeat name which has the kind of “everyman” appeal that I think they were probably going for, considering that they’ve chosen to use no royal titles for their children. It’s a gentle but marked departure from royal tradition, while still being a normal, perfectly reasonable name with a long history of use in both countries. It may not be an unexpected choice in the UK as a whole, but for a royal baby it does feel like a breath of fresh air.

[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is similarly popular in the UK right now, but it definitely feels like a nod to [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]’s American roots too. It’s perhaps a bit literal as honour names go — and I’d have loved to have seen a [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] in there for [name_f]Diana[/name_f] — but they seem to have chosen a name that they genuinely love, regardless of anyone’s expectations. Good for them!

I like it! [name_m]Archie[/name_m] isn’t my favorite name, but [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] saves it for me! From somebody who was expecting something like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_m]Leo[/name_m], I’m not very surprised by their first name choice, but love the surprise of [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] to honor [name_m]Harry[/name_m]!

Not a fan of the name. Thank goodness the baby is 7th in line to the throne–[name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Archie[/name_m] sounds pretty ridiculous.

I quite like it. It’s completely not what I was expecting, I thought they’d use a name of a similar style to the Cambridge children, but I actually think it’s really sweet that’s it’s not. At the end of the day, the liklihood of [name_m]Archie[/name_m] becoming [name_m]King[/name_m] is exceptionally small, and [name_f]Zara[/name_f], for example, doesn’t have a regal name, so its not unheard of for royals to break from tradition like that, especially when they aren’t given a title.

[name_m]Archie[/name_m] feels very British as many nickname names do, and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], whilst obviously a reference to [name_m]Harry[/name_m], feels very American, so that obviously suits him. I also think using a nickname name makes sense for them, I’ve practically never heard of [name_m]Harry[/name_m] bring called [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

My only issue is that [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] feels a little lazy. I would’ve picked something less obvious but equally American feeling.

I’m not disappointed that they didn’t go the traditional route, but at the same time, I find the name they picked to be kind of uninspired. [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is a top twenty name in [name_m]Britain[/name_m], and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is just a modern take on [name_m]Harry[/name_m]. There’s really nothing special or exciting about it other than that it’s trendy, which one might argue isn’t a great thing. Then again, generic might be exactly what they were going for, in which case I would argue they’ve done a great job. After all, this child is already a little celebrity. He will always automatically stick out rather than fit in. He doesn’t need a name to differentiate him any further.