Are these girl names TOO wild?

I posted before about this, but just came across my list I had saved in my iPhone! Help!!! Our last name is [name]Gordon[/name] - very common and simple. But I absolutely want a unique first name for my daughter. Something that will avoid weird nicknames, as well! Suggestions please please please!!!

1. [name]Elias[/name] (pronounced [name]Eli[/name]-us) [name]Harper[/name] - nickname will be [name]Eli[/name]
  2. [name]Eliette[/name] (pronounced [name]Elliot[/name]) [name]Bryn[/name] - nickname [name]Ellie[/name]
  3. [name]Gracelyn[/name] [name]Peri[/name] - nickname [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Gracie[/name]
  4. [name]Emersyn[/name] [name]Kori[/name] - nickname [name]Em[/name]
  5. Rilyn (or spelled Rylin) - nickname [name]Ry[/name]

PLEASE HELPPP… All suggestions and thoughts are appreciated!!!

These are all really trendy and some are just made up. If you want my honest opinion, they come off as really down-market.

1. [name]Elias[/name] (pronounced [name]Eli[/name]-us) [name]Harper[/name] - This is a boy’s name, no if ands or buts about it.
  2. [name]Eliette[/name] (pronounced [name]Elliot[/name]) [name]Bryn[/name] - I am really against any form of [name]Eliot[/name] on girls. What about [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], or [name]Eliana[/name]? They can all go by [name]Ellie[/name] and they’re all lovely.
  3. [name]Gracelyn[/name] [name]Peri[/name] - [name]Gracelyn[/name] is a made-up name. [name]Grace[/name] nn [name]Gracie[/name] is nice. [name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Peri[/name] - it’s half of a color.
  4. [name]Emersyn[/name] [name]Kori[/name] - If you’re going to name her [name]Emerson[/name] at least spell it without the y.
  5. Rilyn (or spelled Rylin) - This is made-up. I don’t like it.

dg8121, I just posted in another thread of yours just a second ago;)…Arent all names “made up” somewhere? That being said, I agree that [name]Gracelyn[/name] and Rilyn sound made up, and personally dont like the ‘lyn’ ending sound. (Didnt anyone see [name]TED[/name]) (also a little like that place [name]Elvis[/name] lived)… I like Elliette better than [name]Elias[/name]. And I really think [name]Emerson[/name] is cute but I personally dont like that its rising very quickly, So that reason alone keeps me away from it.

I hate to say it, but I agree with the previous poster. “[name]Wild[/name]” is not the word the comes to mind. “Down-market” fits perfectly.

I actually didn’t make any of these names up at all - and [name]Emerson[/name] is more feminine looking when spelled with a Y. I think. I do worry that it will become to trendy, though. :-/
And honestly - I did see [name]Ted[/name] and ever since I sort of feel the same way! LOL
And Rylin isn’t made up either - I just spelled it differently than the traditional [name]Rylan/name.

I love love love [name]Eliette[/name] for my girl. Not sure on the middle name… I do [name]Ike[/name] [name]Eliette[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] [name]Gordon[/name]. [name]Ellie[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] - so cute!

I actually didn’t make any of these names up at all - and [name]Emerson[/name] is more feminine looking when spelled with a Y. I think. I do worry that it will become to trendy, though. :-/
And honestly - I did see [name]Ted[/name] and ever since I sort of feel the same way! LOL
And Rylin isn’t made up either - I just spelled it differently than the traditional [name]Rylan/name.

I love love love [name]Eliette[/name] for my girl. Not sure on the middle name… I do [name]Ike[/name] [name]Eliette[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] [name]Gordon[/name]. [name]Ellie[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] - so cute!

I can’t say that I like any of them really. I agree that they are all SUPER trendy with all the y’s and ‘uniquified’ boys names.

There are so many beautiful and unique names out there that using names like these is unnecessary.

I don’t mind [name]Bryn[/name]. I like [name]Brielle[/name].

I prefer [name]Raina[/name] or even [name]Raelyn[/name] to Rilyn. If I was going to use Rilyn I’d spell it Ryelin because that makes more sense to me since rye is an actually word.

I’m not completely against [name]Peri[/name] as a nn. Perinelle is pretty.

If you have a boys first name for a surname, I would really keep away from surnames or boys names as a first. I went to school with someone named McKena [name]James[/name] who was forever being called [name]James[/name] McKena.

[name]How[/name] do you like [name]Everly[/name]?

I do like [name]Everly[/name], actually!

[name]Love[/name] it!
We do have the same taste in names don’t we? Haha

[name]Don[/name]'t use [name]Elias[/name]. That name is completely boy, through and through.
I may be in the minority but I actually like [name]Elle[/name] [name]Harper[/name] [name]Gordon[/name]. It is strange since I dislike [name]Harper[/name] on girls, but that just looks nice to me. Of course you don’t have to agree. [name]Just[/name] throwing stuff out.
[name]Everly[/name] is pretty, and I like [name]Everly[/name] [name]Brielle[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] too.
If you want to use [name]Emerson[/name], spell it that way like another poster said. It will just give too much grief for your girl in the future if you spell it [name]Emersyn[/name], no matter how feminine it may look.

1. [name]Elias[/name] (pronounced [name]Eli[/name]-us) [name]Harper[/name] - nickname will be [name]Eli[/name] - It is kind of cute, but I think with such a traditionally masculine name you should choose a more feminine middle. But really, I’m not a huge fan. [name]Don[/name]'t steal another name from the boy’s side :frowning:
  2. [name]Eliette[/name] (pronounced [name]Elliot[/name]) [name]Bryn[/name] - nickname [name]Ellie[/name] - I would be inclined to pronounce this differently from [name]Elliot[/name] ([name]El[/name]-eye-ot). I would say [name]El[/name]-ee-et instead. It isn’t bad, I just don’t like the [name]Elliot[/name] pronunciation, I think you’d be correcting people all the time. [name]Bryn[/name] is just okay.
  3. [name]Gracelyn[/name] [name]Peri[/name] - nickname [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Gracie[/name] - My favorite so far, though I can’t say [name]Gracelyn[/name] is really my style. Also, it reminds me of Graceland, which then makes me think of [name]Elvis[/name]. [name]Peri[/name] is cute, I kind of like it as a first name :slight_smile:
  4. [name]Emersyn[/name] [name]Kori[/name] - nickname [name]Em[/name] - Oh god, please do not use this trendy, creative spelling. [name]Emerson[/name] is a cute name. [name]Emersyn[/name] just looks, and please excuse me for being harsh, stupid. I think spellings like this make you and your child seem very lower class and uneducated. [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Corey[/name] would be much better, but again, as with [name]Elias[/name], [name]Corey[/name] seems too masculine with the unisex first name. Maybe [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Cora[/name]?
  5. Rilyn (or spelled Rylin) - nickname [name]Ry[/name] - Rylin is better, but it is too trendy for my taste.

[name]Favorite[/name]: If you used the traditional spelling and a more feminine middle, [name]Emerson[/name] all the way, otherwise… Rylin.
Least favorite: [name]Emersyn[/name] [name]Kori[/name]. I’m sorry, I don’t like anything about this one.

I like all those names, they’re not wild at all.

Not wild. At all. [name]Just[/name] eye-rollingly trendy, with a side helping of yooneekly spelled.

I don’t really see them as trendy?! Nothing too off the wall will work with a last name like [name]Gordon[/name] …

None of these are wild or unique. Spelling a common name differently doesn’t make it unique. On paper she maybe the only [name]Eliette[/name] but she’ll still be called [name]Eliette[/name] G in school because she’ll have classmates named [name]Eliot[/name] C, [name]Elliott[/name] J, and Elliette H.

Really? You think so? I’ve NEVER heard of another little girl named [name]Elliot[/name]… And I’m a teacher? In 2nd grade, nonetheless.
I don’t try to spell common names oddly - as everyone keeps saying. I guess I just don’t like whacked out make believe names? I like a grounded and cool first name to compliment our last name - [name]Gordon[/name]. All of the names I’ve suggested I have honestly never heard of being used before but MAYBE once?!?

I pretty much agree with all of this.

And I think [name]Eliette[/name] would be pronounced elly-ET (stress on the last syllable, like [name]Juliette[/name]), so this spelling will likely cause pn problems throughout her life.

Made up? [name]Aren[/name]'t all names? … :(. But really they were all pulled from either name books or sites. Including this one.

And I honestly like the suggested pronouncing of [name]Eliette[/name].

I actually prefer the pn [name]Elly[/name]-ET, and that’s how I think it would be pn in French (and it looks like a French name, because of the -ette ending). I only meant it would be problem, because clearly everyone else here sees [name]Eliette[/name] and pronounces it the same as [name]Elliott[/name]!