B/B twins, siblings for Arthur

We are expecting twin boys. We also have an Arthur who we named at around 4m pregnant and never looked back. We still absolutely love his name. To us it was a cool grandpa name, kind but strong, international, and it always fit him perfectly. Naming 2 more boys doesn’t come as easily :sweat_smile:Our favorite girl name is Margot if that helps.

We narrowed down to two sets! Which one do you prefer and why?

1. Maxwell and William. Absolutely adore M/W letters for twins. Love both names. Husband is still not sold on Max, but he loves the full name combo too
  2. Henry and Oscar. We like this for a siblings set with Arthur more, but I might slightly prefer the first set better for individual names, not by much

Thanks in advance :heart:

1 Like

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

2 Likes

I personally prefer [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] for the length as [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] and [name_m]William[/name_m] seem like much longer names to me in comparison (although I do love them)

I also think if you plan on having more kids it’s good to think about letters too as [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] both start with M

For some people it’s not a big deal if 2 of the kids share the same initial, while the others are firmly against that and make it a point to be avoided

So if you used [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] would [name_f]Margot[/name_f] feel unusable in the future?

1 Like

if I could, I would vote [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] & [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] which is perfect to me!

this is tough because I prefer [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], but want you to have the names you like individually better, even if just by a little bit

3 Likes

[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] & [name_m]William[/name_m]!

1 Like

[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] and [name_m]William[/name_m]

1 Like

I can see why you are struggling - they are both so great!!

I think I slightly prefer [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] as they share a bit of that distinguished grandpa vibe.

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] are my favourite set - gentle but strong, fit well with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] but hold their own, feel classic but fresh, and have soft sounds with solid vibes.

(Maxwell and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] would also be great!)

1 Like

Huge congratulations!

So cute have a band of brothers 🩵

Both sets are lovely! If it was me I would have [name_m]Henry[/name_m] & [name_m]William[/name_m] as individually they are my favourite names from the four. However as a set with big brother Arth.ur my favourite set is [name_m]Henry[/name_m] + [name_m]Oscar[/name_m].

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] + [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] are very handsome, charming and boyish. They work well with Arth.ur and feel very stylistically in keeping.

Best of luck :tada:

1 Like

[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] and [name_m]William[/name_m] for sure!

1 Like

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] & [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] by a mile. They feel much fresher with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] whereas Max/Will fall a bit flat.

1 Like

I’m having trouble saying [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I think I’d mix them up a lot.

1 Like

I would go with [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Max[/name_m] is pretty inevitable as a nickname for [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m], so I wouldn’t choose it if you aren’t both on board with it.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. Yes, that’s what stops me as well - I want my husband to equally love both names

Thanks for the input! [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] are a bit too royal family for us (prince [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and William), so the combos are pretty set

I think [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is too close to [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I would choose [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. (Max and [name_m]Hank[/name_m] nn) . We have a [name_m]Max[/name_m] and I adore that name.

Husband doesn’t like [name_m]Max[/name_m]. He likes full [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m], but shortening is probably unavoidable in this case

[name_m]Even[/name_m] as a [name_m]Brit[/name_m] due to [name_m]Harry[/name_m] always being known as [name_m]Harry[/name_m] this didn’t click! Still completely get that your combos are great whichever you go for will be swell

1 Like

[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] is handsome, my great Aunt’s last name. But if husband doesn’t like [name_m]Max[/name_m] I would probably choose something else as that shortening is probably not avoidable. Other suggestions that go with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] as big brother, twins [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and

[name_m]Benton[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Emmett[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] together as siblings and think and of the other 3 names could work well for the second twin :joy: … as long as your ok was the [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] / [name_m]Oz[/name_m] nickname

1 Like