Babies due April-June 2021

Officially past my due date here. I was really hoping baby would come on her own before scheduled induction tomorrow but it isn’t looking like that will happen. @kiriko I also had a few days where I was very waddly and thought she was about to slide out, but then it seems like she shifts around and gets comfy and is not interested in coming out at all. Definitely feeling nervous for the induction and hoping that my body cooperates and it goes quickly.

4 Likes

@sarah1800 Good luck tomorrow! I had an induction with my second and it went very smoothly, so hoping your experience is the same. So exciting you get to meet her so soon!

1 Like

@sarah1800 best wishes! I hope it goes well for you!

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] Girl is here!

[name_f]Caledonia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
7lbs 3oz
20.5 in long

She is a perfect little peanut and her daddy and I are so in love with her!

@sarah1800 Induction went very well for me – I hope you have as good of experience! I was already dilated to 2, so I think that helped. And if you have the option to use the nitrous gas, I highly recommend it – allowed me to avoid any other pain meds! We arrived at the hospital to check in at 5:30AM and she was born about 8 hours later.

10 Likes

@LaurenAlexis congratulations!! So glad it went well and she’s here!

1 Like

@LaurenAlexis Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations @LaurenAlexis! And good luck @sarah1800! I’m so excited to see happy and healthy babies arriving!

1 Like

@Kiriko - so sorrry you’re in that waiting game dybamic. I hope that baby comes quickly and safely!

The new baby is settling perfectly. Returning to my not-pregnant state hss been aaaamazjng. :heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations, @LaurenAlexis !!
8hr labor is great!
Wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of warm fuzzy moments with [name_f]Caledonia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].
She has a lovely name :slight_smile:

1 Like

32-week checkup today at 32w 3d! Everything looks good, baby is still head down, heartbeat 140’s.
I told my midwife about a short episode of lightheadedness I had a week ago. It hasn’t happened again, and it was right at suppertime, so I think maybe I just needed to eat. She concurred and said to let her know if it happens again.
I got my tincture for afterbirth pains this morning, and my postpartum sitz bath herbs, and some extra pads and some newborn diapers! Starting the nesting phase.
Aaand tomorrow is laundry day, and the boys and I started getting out the newborn clothes :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

@LynnG I can imagine you’d be enjoying having your body back after those horrible migraines and the like!

@LaurenAlexis congrats! So glad the induction went well.

@sarah1800 I hope things are well with you and that you’ve met your bub now <3

@auroradawn what cute clothes! It’s so lovely looking at the little newborn outfits isn’t it? But when I got mine out I was surprised by just HOW little newborns are, makes my toddler seem massive! What tincture do you have for after pains? I never had any after pains with my first (certainly nothing sore enough to notice compared to the 3rd degree tear, anyway!) but I’ve heard they get worse with each pregnancy.

Due date tomorrow! But still feeling great (though tired at times) - certainly not feeling like I’m about to pop out a baby at any moment.

4 Likes

They’re so tiny! My 18-month-old looks big, not to mention my 3-year-old! I have sleepers for a girl, too, we just got all mushy over the teeny sundresses. A June girl could actually wear them (my boys were fall and winter babies.)

I have the tincture my midwives keep on hand, which is “After-Pains Away” from Village Herbals https://www.villageherbalsalaska.com/
It contains black haw, crampbark, motherwort and catnip. I had no after pains with my first, either. I meant to have remedies on hand for my second, didn’t get around to it, and MAN I wished I had. I had pains for about 3 days after he was born, especially when I nursed him, and it was no fun. Not making that mistake again. My sister-in-law has a hot chocolate concoction she claims helps, too, and I plan to ask for the recipe (hot chocolate sounds good anyway.)

Best wishes! You’re so close!

2 Likes

I’ve started insulin now and it’s not too bad. I can handle it (I think) for the next month or so. Waiting on an appointment with Maternal Fetal Health at 36 weeks (I’m 34+2 now). Has anyone met with them before? They’re doing an ultrasound but I don’t really know why else they’re following me (I just assume insulin makes me high risk?)

1 Like

We had the option of going to them to monitor baby girls growth. And we would have been their solely for monitoring purposes, no other concerns or high risks. I’d guess that’s probably why they’re sending you there as well?

2 Likes

Congrats to all the mamas who have had their babies!! So exciting. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] everything has been going well so far.

@LiliMorgana [name_f]My[/name_f] guess would be just for monitoring in regard to the MFM. I know my provider watches growth super closely when GD is involved. I’m already seeing an MFM, but would not have been surprised if I’d been sent to one if I weren’t.

I’ve just started food logging and blood sugar tracking the past couple days for my GD. Took my pharmacy a bit to get my glucometer in. The concept of everything I totally understand and really don’t find the diet changes difficult. I’ve just been getting really frustrated because my fasting level in the morning is high. Thankfully not astronomically high, but even after eating the exact kind of bedtime snack that was recommended to help regulate sugar overnight it was still high. :angry: And it was high after breakfast this morning which it hasn’t been so far. So the numbers game and figuring out what my body can and can’t have of the recommendations is just frustrating. Still hoping to manage with diet and exercise, but it’ll be what it’ll be.

Other than that, everything is going pretty well. [name_m]Just[/name_m] kind of getting tired of being pregnant. :joy: We’re working on finishing painting the nursery this weekend, so hopefully we can get that all situated soon and check one more thing off the To [name_f]Do[/name_f] list.

3 Likes

Glad to hear everything is going ok, I’m sure gd must be frustrating, but it sounds like you’re getting it figured out and have some good medical care!
And I totally agree with you on the tired of being pregnant, I’m 34 weeks as of yesterday and am so ready to move this a long a bit. In fact my Dr. offered to schedule an induction at 39 weeks and even though I’m a big believer in letting the baby come naturally unless medically necessary I was very tempted. (Plus if they’re worried about my baby being small, inducing early just because seemed like a bad idea) So we’ll wait, my 1st showed up right on her due date, so hopefully this next little one will arrive in a timely manner as well (fingers crossed!)
As for our nursery, it’s functional, and that’s probably as good as it’s gonna get at this time. We’ll be having her sleep in our room for at least the first 6 months so I figure as long as everything is organized we still have some time to work on it. I feel like I’ve finally got Winnie’s room to a state where most of her toys and clothes are organized and the room looks cute and she’s almost 2. So I expect this one will probably be the same.

Today has been a rough day for anxiety, our first little miss ate something/got something in her mouth and I don’t know what it was but it had a pill like texture (she spat most of it out) luckily we don’t have any major medications in our home just Tylenol and ibuprofen (and they’re all locked up out of toddlers reach) and the likelihood she got a hold of and ate any medication is very small as I had just cleaned and vacuumed the room she was playing in. So we gave her some water and watched her all day and she had no symptoms of anything, totally normal day. However when something like this happens it triggers my anxiety sooo badly. And all my fears that I’ve had this whole pregnancy comes crashing back and it’s like my mind has to go over all the scary thoughts I’ve had, so it’s just been a rough emotional day over here. So here’s to hoping for a better day tomorrow.

3 Likes

@LibelluleClaire I’m sorry you had such a rough day emotionally, but I hope you’ve had some better days since with your anxiety. Anxiety is no fun. :disappointed:

Been tracking blood sugar levels for a week and fasting number only is still consistently high no matter what I do. Trying to prepare myself for insulin injections, which feel like an inevitability at this point. Been feeling very defeated the last couple days. 7 more weeks of this, especially if insulin injections become a requirement (the idea legit makes me want to cry…I hate needles), seems like an eternity.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everything is going well with everyone else.

1 Like

@ChelsAnne22 It’s really frustrating when no matter what you do, those numbers won’t come down. [name_f]Remember[/name_f] that fasting numbers are more to do with insulin resistance due to hormones than anything you’re doing, so it’s in no way your fault. I was terrified of the injections. I’m fine with needles, but something about doing it to myself was really off-putting to me. I cried several times over it, then geared myself up, and was like just get it over with the first time… and it was fine. I barely felt it. It didn’t bleed at all. The needle itself looks similar to the one you prick yourself with, it looks like a pen, not a syringe, and while you can see the needle, it’s really tiny and doesn’t take much to prick yourself with. The finger pricks actually hurt me much more and they bleed and bruise sometimes–the insulin is really not too bad considering, and if your situation is like mine with just high fasting, they’ll probably only have you do them once at night before bed (and bonus: my day numbers have been a bit lower too without me doing anything, just because the insulin is long-lasting, so I’ve been enjoying that perk and eating a bit less strictly). I hope some of this puts your mind at ease. I was so, so worried, but it’s really been okay. It’s no where near as bad as I feared it would be. I hope you don’t need it, but if you do, I hope your situation goes as well as mine, which has been a pleasant surprise.

35 weeks today. One month to go! We moved the bassinet into our room, it’s starting to feel much more real! Hoping all of you are doing well!

3 Likes

Doing well here at 33 plus 5. Had a lovely past couple days; my husband and I dropped the boys off with my parents overnight for a little getaway to celebrate our 4th anniversary. We were laughing about how it doesn’t seem like 4 years, but 3 kids later, it pretty much has to have been that long :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: We did about a 2.5-mile hike through the forest and down to the beach and back. Thought I’d be sore the next day or two but it wasn’t bad.

Then yesterday we had an unusually low tide on the beach, and I called my folks, took the boys and had an impromptu beach walk plus weiner roast.

It was all so nice, though the [name_u]Braxton[/name_u] Hicks were a bit mean last night. In fact a few felt more like the real thing than BH. I’ll be taking things easier today, as it’s rainy and the boys have a sniffle.

Though this pregnancy has been so easy, I’m getting to the point where I’m ready to meet this little person and be taking care of a newborn rather than being unable to bend over, haha!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] things are going better, @LibelluleClaire. And my mom dealt with borderline GD her last two pregnancies, @ChelsAnne22 and @LiliMorgana. Not much fun, but at least it left after birth. Not too much longer to go!

4 Likes

Anxiety is definitely a real trip, I never struggled too much with it before (I had anxiety but it was really well managed) in fact I’d say I’m usually a pretty happy go lucky, things work out the way they’re supposed to kind of person. But since my first was born it’s been a rough, in general though I’d say I’m making gains to reclaiming my mental health.

It’s actually been a really great week for me over here, the suns been shining and it’s been beautiful weather. I had my 34 week checkup and everything measured and sounded great, both of us had great vitals and no worrying symptoms . I have one more 2 week stretch before going in for weekly check ups, and once those starts the Dr. said baby girl is free to come any time she wants!

@ChelsAnne22 I am so sorry! That has to be really frustrating, and I totally understand the not liking needles thing, I have to warn my nurses every time I get a vaccine or blood draw, because I really can’t stand them and I freeze up or go very, very pale (though luckily I’ve never passed out)
@auroradawn that sounds amazing! We’re much too far from the beach (10hrs) to get out and enjoy it without some real planning. And our usual vacation spots have snow until past Memorial [name_u]Day[/name_u]. But I can’t wait until it warms up enough that we can really get outside!

1 Like