Babies due January-March 2021

@coccinella [name_m]How[/name_m] exciting! You’ll definitely have your hands full but will be lovely to have them close in age as they grow up.

@ael [name_f]Glad[/name_f] your ultrasound went well! I’ve not got mine until I’m nearly 13 weeks so a little while to wait until I get the check on the little one.

I told my boss at work I was pregnant today so that’s a weight off, went a lot better than I’d imagined. Hoping to be able to work up to [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] at least, and it sounds like I can work from home in the latter stages even if everyone else goes back to the office post-pandemic which is both excellent in terms of pregnancy safety and also for saving money on the commute.

@coccinella woah, that sounds like a challenge! [name_f]My[/name_f] youngest and this little one will be almost 16 months apart, which I think is perfect, but I’m already worrying about having two very little ones and an almost 6 year old around at the start of next year.

I’m hoping to keep working until just before my due date. I told the head of my department I was pregnant right after I found out, we’re obliged to because I work in a hospital. Luckily it’s not a big risk in my job so I can keep working. I’m still partially working from home at the moment due to the pandemic, so I hope I can keep that up for a while. I know things will stay like this at least until the start of [name_f]September[/name_f], and we’ll see after that.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is feeling well. [name_f]My[/name_f] midwife called me today with the results of my blood tests from my first visit. She said everything looks great except that my hcg levels were “very high”. She said that it was either totally normal or an indication of twins/multiples. I haven’t had an ultrasound yet and had only planned on having doppler to hear the heart beat, but she strongly suggests a ultrasound to check for multiples at my appointment in 3 weeks. I’m trying not to panic, twins is one of my biggest fears. I don’t know why, but it terrifies me. Has anyone else had high hcg levels at 9 weeks?

Update! Had my first ultrasound yesterday. One healthy baby! Having high HCG had me startled. First time hearing the heartbeat is always so magical :heart_eyes:

@JadeLinnell that’s great news!

My morning sickness has been getting worse and I’m extremely tired all the time. I had to stay home from work sick because I just couldn’t cope. I hate to abandon my patients, but it was just impossible. I called my GP, but I have an ultrasound scheduled on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], so he told me to just wait until then for more news.

@Rosebeth sorry about your morning sickness! I feel ya on the tiredness. [name_f]My[/name_f] house has been a wreck because just walking a basket of laundry up the stairs has me feeling pooped. Hoping it gets better for us in the next weeks when the hormones start to level out a bit in 2nd trimester. @Sarah1989 glad to hear your feeling better! What’s a harmony test? [name_m]Just[/name_m] for gender? Congrats on a boy! I have 1 3.5yo boy and I swear girls seem easier. But I always thought it was just a grass is greener thing, lol. I know every kid is different, but I swear girls seem sweeter and calmer.

On the boys vs. girls thing: I have two boys and they’re both so easy… No complaints here. No tantrums, they both sleep through the night, and my oldest always want lots of hugs.

1 Like

11 weeks tomorrow and finally starting to feel better! I even exercised this morning! I hope it sticks around.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I opted out of the early genetic testing, so we’ll find out gender & more on how everything looks at the big 20 week anatomy scan! We have another ultrasound at 14 weeks but I think that’s another mostly for measurement.

In other news, my husband is so sick of me talking about names already :see_no_evil: he actually banned me from name talk and told me we can have another conversation to pick something after we know the gender…ahhh! So I occupy myself reading the forums instead, which is helpful but also gives me more ideas.

@Rosebeth and @Sarah1989 sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well at all :frowning: my last couple weeks have been pretty rough between the nausea and exhaustion but I’m hoping I’m over that now! :crossed_fingers:t2:

@Sarah1989 Maybe I’m just very lucky with my boys. Hjörtur is 5 now and he’s always been a very calm and sensitive child. [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] is only 9 months old, so he could still turn out to be a real rascal :wink:

@ael: so glad you’re feeling better! We’ve already decided on a first name for both genders, so we only need to talk about middle names.

1 Like

@Rosebeth that’s great you already have names!! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has his picks for each gender, both of which I also love, but I enjoy continuing to explore and seeing if I can come up with something better…and he finds this exhausting haha

@ael naming my second son was a nightmare, we didn’t decide on a name until late in my pregnancy and it gave me so much anxiety… So we wanted to make the decision as early as possible this time. I have to say I’m not 100% sure about the girls name, so that might still change. I’m lucky my SO loves making name lists as much as I do. The down side is that we end up with very long lists, which doesn’t make the decision any easier :sweat_smile:

I had my first ultrasound yesterday, and… Definitely two little fetuses. I suppose I’m not entirely surprised since twins run in my family and I’m a twin myself, but I’m still shocked and taking it all in. I guess I also felt that the morning sickness and complete exhaustion weren’t normal, nothing like my other pregnancies. But I was hoping this was just a sign of this baby being a girl… I was wrong. Being a twin I know the advantages of it, but I’m completely terrified and didn’t sleep a wink last night. I never wanted twins. My twin brother and I are incredibly close and I love him to bits, growing up with him was amazing, but as a parent I don’t know if I’m able to cope with this.

3 Likes

@rosebeth It’s only natural to be a bit terrified - I was when my test came up positive and I’ve no idea how I’ll cope if I find out next week that it’s multiples. Take your time to adjust to the news.

But like you said, there are advantages to twins - and while it may be a different, and at times difficult, experience it will be a rewarding one.
What’s your support network like?

Hi!! So I’m a first time mum to be! Right now I’m about nine weeks, meaning I’m due beginning of [name_f]February[/name_f]. While it was a complete and utter surprise for me and my boyfriend, especially since I’m currently attending university, we’re now really looking forward towards parenthood.

@SoJoCo Thanks. I know we’ll manage in the end, we always do, but I suppose I do need some time to adjust to the news. It doesn’t change my view of what things will be like after the babies are born, but also of what my pregnancy will be like. There’s no way I’ll be able to work until just before my due date as planned when I’m pregnant with twins. [name_f]My[/name_f] support network isn’t great. The only two people who live close enough to actually help out are my twin brother and my favorite uncle. [name_f]My[/name_f] twin brother is currently living with us, we don’t know for how long but it’s not meant to be permanent. Maybe he could stay until the twins are a bit older, or move back in for a while… We’ll see. [name_f]My[/name_f] uncle is a great man and can help out at times, but he does have mental health issues that can get pretty bad. We have a few close friends that might help, but they all have families of their own. There’s a lot of professional help available where we live though.

@Justverytierd [name_f]Welcome[/name_f]! I know how you’re feeling, my first pregnancy was a total surprise as well.

@Rosebeth Thank you! Initially we honestly didn’t know how to feel. [name_f]My[/name_f] boyfriend finished his master just a week before we found out about the pregnancy and I’m still studying for my bachelor. While we’ll be fine economically we’ll still have to re-evaluate everything in our life! Living situation, student loans, whether or not our child is at risk for any hereditary conditions, which nearby pre-schools we should consider when the time comes, birth during a pandemic (!), birth in the first place, and so on. We haven’t even told our families yet, we’re planning to wait until after week 12 since the risk for miscarriage is higher in the first trimester (which is terrifying in of itself).

Oh my goodness! Wow! [name_m]How[/name_m] special! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I’m sorry you’re feeling overwhelmed by the news, I can definitely see why it might feel impossible. However, everything you tell me about yourself and your boys tells me you’re an awesome mumma. I’m sure you and your SO will do just fine with the new babes, and work out the best to handle this new journey. :blush: Hugs. :heart:

Wow, wow, wow, @Rosebeth, what news! I’m sure it is quite the mindshift and a big adjustment to make. You have a supportive community here for you, and many months to try to line up more of a real life support network. I wish you peace during these turbulent and emotionally-trying times as a new future unfolds for your family…

It was Hjörtur a couple months ago telling your twin brother he wanted lots and lots of siblings while you were working to make one behind the scenes… he cast the spell so it’d be two :laughing:

In all seriousness, though…We can do hard things. You are strong and it seems to me you’re an awesome mom.

@Rosebeth [name_m]Just[/name_m] want to add my congratulations! That must be a lot to take in. I’m sure I’d be overwhelmed with that news as well, but it sounds like you’ve done so well with your boys, and you have time to figure things out and wrap your head around it all. We’re all here for you if there’s anything we can do. [name_m]Just[/name_m] take it one step at a time, I really think it will be okay. <3

@Rosebeth I totally understand that! When I first found out I was having twins I was terrified. I was 21, barely an adult, and thought my life was over, lol. It definitely takes some time to wrap your head around. Things will work out in the end, I promise. :grinning:

@Justverytierd Congrats and welcome! I was in your boat too, almost a year ago. It is difficult, but you’ll get through it!

Due date is [name_u]Jan[/name_u] 31 - an [name_f]Aquarius[/name_f]! Maybe a Capricorn though, if history repeats itself as it tends to. :sweat_smile: If this one’s born on their due date—and I hope they are—they’ll be just over 11 months younger than the boys.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is doing well and staying safe!

Thanks everyone!

@_thelittlefairywren That’s so sweet of you! I believe my SO and I make a great team, so we’ll find a way to make it work.

@hyacinthbucket Thank you so much. And yes, it looks like Hjörtur will get what he wanted. I don’t know if he’ll be very pleased when two extra siblings are crying all night and demand constant attention,but we’ll see about that :sweat_smile:

@LiliMorgana That’s so nice of you to say. I’ll try and take my time to adjust to the change in perspective and to wrap my head around it.

@coccinella I can’t imagine having twins at that age! I was 26 when my oldest was born and that was a challenge already :smile:

@Justverytierd It’s a huge change in perspective, having a surprise baby. It’s normal that you don’t know how to feel, and it’s okay to panic a little sometimes, even if deep down you’re happy and looking forward to having a baby. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think your families will be supportive?

1 Like