Babies due July-Sept 2020

I hope this is ok to start since I don’t see another thread like this.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]. I’m due [name_u]July[/name_u] 18. This is my 4th and a surprise. I’m looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you and especially the name part.

Yay! Finally! Thank you for getting this thread started! I’m due with my second on [name_u]August[/name_u] 1, and my first just turn one on [name_m]Saturday[/name_m]. :eek:
I’m super excited, and a little bit nervous about changing the dynamics in our little family so soon. I’m hoping our little M@rguerite [name_f]Ros[/name_f]@mund @lice is ready to be a big sister.

We have front runner names already because I’ve had lists for years, but if you have suggestions that fit, please share! Let me know your style and I’ll try to do the same. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!! Nice to meet you! Hopefully we will have some others join us soon. [name_f]Happy[/name_f] birthday to you little one! Yours will be close together! Mine are spread apart a little more. My oldest is 3 years older than my middle who is 2 years older than my current youngest so 5 years between the oldest and the youngest now but this new one is going to be even further spaced behind at almost 5 years behind my youngest and 10 years from my oldest. I’m still trying to process the spacing. We did just find out we are expecting a boy too so it will be boy, girl, girl, boy.

I have a running list always of names I love and I’m a little sad my girl names are now going to forever go unused unless we get a new pet. My husband and I are struggling with a boy name, it’s been a while since we had a boy to name.

I would love to hear your list!

My kids are [name_m]Drake[/name_m] [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Karlie[/name_f]

My girl list was : [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], [name_f]Collette[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Vienna[/name_f], [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], [name_f]Briar[/name_f]

My boys is: [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Troy[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Brooks[/name_m], [name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_u]Cody[/name_u], [name_u]Barrett[/name_u]

@dotdraper

I tried replying to you the other day but I guess the Internet ate my response so sorry Im not ignoring you.

Congratulations on your little one! My youngest was born on [name_u]August[/name_u] 4th so its a great month for a baby! Youll have your hands full with a [name_m]Leo[/name_m] though lol.

We found out last week we are having a boy! My husband and I have such a hard time with boy names unfortunately.

I would love to compare lists!

1 Like

The internet ate your response, then spit it back out! :stuck_out_tongue:

I love your taste in names-- both your children’s names and your current lists. We’ve done the maternit21 screening so we’ll know the baby’s sex soon enough… and we’ll also be letting go of either our favorite boy or girl names, as I’m sure this is our last.

Our preferred girl name is [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] and our boy name is [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. Our daughter’s name starts with an M… as does my name, my husband’s name, and all of his immediate family’s names. To break this pattern we never intended to keep going, we’d like to incorporate initials from my family (B for my mother, C for my father). [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is actually my dad’s name, and my husband loves [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] so this works out nicely, though I’m worried it’s very common compared to [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] ([name_f]Margot[/name_f]).

I’ve reluctantly given up on my longtime favorite boy name, [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], because my husband’s last name begins with an F and I’ve accepted it’s just too much.

I especially like [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Brooks[/name_m], and [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] from your list.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! We are due on the 14th of [name_f]September[/name_f] with a little sibling for (my grown up step kiddos) [name_m]Eric[/name_m] [name_m]Davidson[/name_m], [name_f]Lenora[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u], and (my 2 y/o) [name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_m]Eugene[/name_m]. If this little one is a girl her middle name will be [name_f]Janet[/name_f] (after my late mother) but we can’t really agree on anything else. I love sooo many names and my husband is the king of the veto vote. He is seriously the naming buzzkill. Our surname complicates things a bit as it is a color name things so easily take on a paint sample feel.

@namingbea- Congratulations and welcome! My husband is quick with a veto and slow with articulating a reason for his veto so I feel your pain. We’ve agreed that he can have time to sort through those feelings since I’m the one who obsesses over names and he might not immediately know the what or why, but it is important that he figures it out AND proposes suggestions. This was helpful for me too, since I started to see some trends. I think we’re more or less decided now, so we’re just waiting to find out if we’re having a boy or girl.

[name_m]Will[/name_m] you be finding out the baby’s sex in advance? We didn’t even bother arguing about boys names last time around because we found out we were having a girl so early (and we’d made zero progress on the boy name front.) :smiley:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Ladies!

I’m due with #2 on [name_u]July[/name_u] 2nd. We didn’t find out the gender of our son, [name_m]Bruce[/name_m] [name_m]Abel[/name_m], prior to his birth, but we’re going to find out this time around. There’s just too much expectation and speculation with #2, that we’ve agreed that we want to know.

The name games will begin in (hopefully) a few weeks!

@hollyrow - Congratulations! I’m so glad people are joining this thread!

I am in awe of people who manage to stay Team [name_u]Green[/name_u]… the suspense would kill me. I’ve been waiting on my NIPT results for less than a week and the suspense is killing me. LOL. Are you excited to know this time around?

We’ll be finding out. I think it would be so fun to be team green but we would never actually make it.
Last time we learned pretty early on that we were having a boy (this little exhibitionist was spread eagle like every ultrasound) but we had both been hoping for a girl and had settled on [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Janet[/name_f] which I don’t think we are as into now because it is suddenly quite popular here. In fact a friend of mine just announced a little [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] this week. We are waaaay better with boy names. We had tons we loved but honestly we chose [name_m]Victor[/name_m] the day we found out he was a he.

With #1 it was an easy choice for both of us to play on the green team. We both agreed that we may never be able to replicate such a joyful surprise again.

The feeling isn’t the same this time. From the day we found out we were expecting, there were so many more expectations (for lack of a better word). Like “imagine two rough and tumble little brothers,” and “how great would it be to have one of each?” So we’ll put all that to rest by finding out. I’m super excited to know!

I’m still in love with the girl name I didn’t get to use, [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Rey[/name_u]. For boys… let the games begin.

We found out yesterday… it’s another girl! We’re excited to have a little [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]. <3 Plus I get to use all of these adorable little clothes again!

And yes, @hollyrow, we dealt with some commentary on #2 as well- Did we want one of each? Dad must want a boy. Girls are easier… at first. We really were happy either way, but everyone has their own ideas. I just sent out some texts with the news yesterday to appease the commentariat.

And I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], btw!

Hello, Berries. Never thought I would be joining one of these threads again! ; )

I recently found out I am expecting twins. My [name_m]EDD[/name_m] is [name_u]July[/name_u] 5, but both of my daughters were preemies so with that on top of the fact that it is a multiples birth, we are shooting for about 32-33 weeks. This pregnancy came as a shock, as I am almost 51 and thought I had entered menopause. But lo and behold, miracles can happen. I have a range of emotions right now and haven’t necessarily gotten to the “overjoyed” part yet…hence why I came back on here for some sweet fellowship with likeminded mamas.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you all are feeling well and can’t wait to get to know you all. : )

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] [name_f]Carla[/name_f]! Congratulations and welcome! I’m excited for you! Your daughters have beautiful names, by the way.

This is my second pregnancy and, much like the first, my symptoms have not been difficult at all. I am eating some antacids… I’d switched to Zantac later in my first pregnancy and I’m not sure what I’ll do now. [name_m]Cross[/name_m] that bridge when I get there? :slight_smile: Have your symptoms been worse with twins?

Congratulations all! Excited to take this journey for the second time, due on Aug 4th. [name_m]Son[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] is 4 and they will be born just shy of 5 years apart.

So far naming is the delightfully frustrating thing that is keeping my mind off of the first trimester nonsense. A bowl of GrapeNuts type cereal (has tons of iron and folic acid) has been my pregnancy superfood.

My not a name nerd husband and definitly a name nerd sister have been making for a potent combo. Biggest challenges in the middle name for a girl and first (and first middle) for a boy.

@liav410- Congratulations!

Compromise with a non-name-nerd is tough. It’s really hard to see the other side.

I love [name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f] as a middle name for a little girl. And your full combination of [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is gorgeous-- move that right off the guilty pleasure list!

We are expecting our first baby on [name_f]September[/name_f] 20! We definitely want to know the gender.
We haven’t started talking names yet, but I have lots of ideas! I’d like to incorporate [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] as a middle (or part of a middle) for a daughter as it is my middle name, my mom’s middle and my MILs first name. For a son, I’d like to honor my brother [name_m]David[/name_m] and my husband and FIL [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] with a combo middle name like [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

@kimlz- Congratulations and welcome! Honoring [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and [name_m]David[/name_m] with [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is so clever!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] folks! I’m also due with #1, both excited and nervous. Due [name_u]August[/name_u] 23! They say pregnancy is exhausting and I believed it, but woah, it is a whole other animal to feel it. Whew. Anyone else napping at every opportunity?

A lot of the names I’ve been seeing around are way more unusual than I expected! I like uncommon and maybe a little antique names, but husband is pretty practical so we will see what we can compromise on.

My mom and grandmother are both convinced I’m carrying a girl, and for girl names I’m just gone over Valyria…but I hate that it is associated with Game of Thrones. I liked the show and the books as much as the next person, but I would hate for my kid to spend her whole life referencing the series.

Personally, my bet is on a boy, as I have had a few dreams about a male child. In my dreams, his name was [name_u]Orion[/name_u], which is a bit significant to my family as my grandfather always used to say to us that after he passed away, he would always be watching over us from the constellation [name_u]Orion[/name_u]- since he passed away, I think of him when I see it. I think the name would be fine for a first name, but husband is a little hesitant. I also like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] ("[name_m]Art[/name_m]"! Cute!), and think [name_u]Orion[/name_u] would match it nicely as a middle.