Baby Berries due April-June 2022

4+3 today and woke up with bleeding when I went to the bathroom :weary: Itā€™s continued all day and is a mix of brown, pink, and some red. I have some very mild cramps too, but not painful. I called the [name_u]Early[/name_u] Pregnancy Unit and they said basically, it could be implantation, could be hormonal, or it could be my period (Iā€™m now a week past when AF was due with 3 positive tests since Friday). So Iā€™m stuck in this limbo land where I so dreaded being after my mmc earlier this year :pensive:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] have to wait it out, I guess, but Iā€™m really bummed.

2 Likes

I am so so so sorry. It is a horrible position to be in. The waiting to see feels awful. If possible rest and take care of yourself. The emotional toll is extreme. Had you done confirmation blood work yet? You can ask to do repeat to compare your hcg levels.

3 Likes

Thank you, @Cleaver. Unfortunately we donā€™t get any bloodwork as standard until we go for our 12 week scan. They just kind of take your word for it that youā€™re pregnant (Iā€™m in the UK). I have my booking in appointment with the midwife team on the 28th but itā€™s just by phone. I suppose I could ask my GP if theyā€™d run some bloods for me but my surgery isnā€™t too keen to have people coming in ā€œunnecessarilyā€ with the Covid situation. Might give them a call in the morning and see what they say.

This week has been a lot. [name_f]My[/name_f] youngest hasnā€™t been well, crawled into bed with me in the middle of the night then vomited all over me and the bed! Fun stuff haha. Now all the kids are sick and mandatory home while we wait on Covid test results. I am absolutely sure they donā€™t have it.

I am feeling increasingly worse and really struggling with food and exhaustion the last few days. I know all the tricks so trying to do the usual things like eat small amounts frequently.

I have an ultrasound tomorrow and unfortunately will now be going by myself as husband needs to stay with the sick kids.

When I did my initial hcg blood work the doctor added some other tests to the checklist. [name_f]My[/name_f] tsh was flagged for the first time in my life.

I havent reached out to my O.B. but hope I will get a call from the receptionist to schedule something once they get the ultrasound.

1 Like

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] youā€™re okay @sabrielschild. Fingers crossed for you :heart:

2 Likes

Had my ultrasound today and saw a heartbeat. Measuring a few days ahead. Due date now [name_f]May[/name_f] 8. Unfortunately I went alone as husband had to stay with the sick children.

2 Likes

How are you doing @sabrielschild ?

@Cleaver Thanks for asking, Iā€™m doing okay. Still bleeding but itā€™s much lighter than what I would expect from my usual AF. I had a blood test this morning to check my hcg, should get the results later today. Not holding out for a good outcome tbh, but weā€™ll see.

Edit: hcg was only 2 so they are counting it as an early loss. Itā€™s what I expected, but still disappointing :broken_heart:

2 Likes

@sabrielschild

Iā€™m so sorry. Iā€™m sending you so much love! :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

I am so sorry @sabrielschild . [name_f]Do[/name_f] whatever you need to take care of yourself . Give yourself time to grieve and heal. [name_m]Even[/name_m] early losses are a loss. We start hoping and dreaming from day one. Looking at the calendar and thinking of dates and what youā€™ll be doing at that point. :pray:t2:

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry. Take care. Weā€™re always here if you need to chat/vent/let it out etc xxx

1 Like

Sending so much love to you @sabrielschild. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] to see you back in the TTC thread whenever you feel ready. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

How are you all doing?

Feeling well or sick?

Seen the doctor or not?

Discussing names?

Sharing your news / keeping quiet?

Family doctor called on [name_m]Friday[/name_m], blood work and ultrasound were good and officially referred us to the OB.

Iā€™ve decided I want to do NIPT. I am older this time round and worry and would like some reassurance or information.

I have been feeling horrible. Extremely nauseous but hungry but nothing appeals or settles and very tired. [name_f]My[/name_f] children are still not a 100% so that doesnā€™t help but got negative Covid results.

I feel sick. I work in labor and delivery so I was able to ultrasound myself last night and see a little heartbeat. Always reassuring. I donā€™t see the OB for three more weeks. Weā€™ve told our families. I want a surprise gender but my husband doesnā€™t soā€¦.not sure what will happen there ā—”Ģˆ Weā€™re pretty set on [name_u]Pace[/name_u] for a boy and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] for a girl.

1 Like

Congratulations very exciting to see the heart beat!

In previous pregnancies I was followed closely by the high risk early pregnancy clinic and they told be the stats for miscarriage drastically reduce after seeing the heartbeat at 6 weeks and even more so at 8 weeks. I have the numbers somewhere but a good sign.

[name_u]Will[/name_u] you be delivering where you work? It would be interesting working in your field while pregnant.

Iā€™m not sure on names. We always use a family name either as first or middle.

I had my last baby at my hospital, but I think this time we want to see a doctor I donā€™t work with and a hospital I donā€™t work at. [name_m]Just[/name_m] be a patient, basically. We love to use family names too! [name_u]Pace[/name_u] is my husbands middle name, and his motherā€™s maiden name. We really hope this is a boy.

1 Like

I LOVE the story behind [name_u]Pace[/name_u]! It is so perfect!!

1 Like

Feeling pretty nauseous and almost continuous headaches but definitely much, much better than I was with my daughter. I literally couldnā€™t work with her and had undiagnosed HG because it was lockdown and I didnā€™t have any in person appointments. Very grateful to be feeling a bit better this time around with a 9month old to look after at the same time.
Have already started losing weight due to nausea affecting what I can eat. Only 1 kilo so far but I lost 10kg last pregnancy so hoping not to get that far again. Although at least I have the reassurance of knowing that even with losing weight itā€™s possible to have a perfectly healthy baby this time!

@sarahjane1 HG is rough. Itā€™s looking like another HG pregnancy for me too as Iā€™m currently trying to get referred for IV fluids tomorrow because the meds arenā€™t helping enough. At least the constant sickness is reassuring.

Not able to see the doctor for another month which seems ridiculous but Iā€™ve been on the phone with them a lot!

I had to tell my coworkers because they are all worried about me. Iā€™m definitely not my usual self right now. They are all super excited.

I feel like I canā€™t even think about names right now.

1 Like