Baby Berries due January-March 2022

Hello everyone! I’m thrilled to start this thread :blush: I’m still really early, not even 4 weeks yet! But my little one is due 1/29!! Can’t wait for others to join in :grin:

17 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @Elle1 ! Congratulations!

I’ve been hoping one of these threads would pop up and also a bit nervous about joining it since it’s still so early but I’m sufficiently into the realm of constant nausea to feel like there’s hopefully something sticking. Think my EDD will be around [name_u]Jan[/name_u] 11, I’m about 6.5 weeks.

I’m [name_f]Bee[/name_f] and this is baby #2 for me, I have one daughter who is 3.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] to meet you and hopefully lots more people will join soon too!

5 Likes

Oh my gosh [name_f]Elle[/name_f] I must have missed your pregnancy annoucement – congratulations! Wishing you a smooth pregnancy.

Also, congratulations on baby #2 for you, greenleaves!

6 Likes

@greenleaves - Nice to meet you Bee!! Congrats on #2! I’m a first time mom so I’ll probably have a lot of questions :sweat_smile:

@eileithyia - Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s so weird to “tell” people haha as I haven’t irl yet except for my SO, the midwife to make an appointment and my therapist.

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to ask away and we will see if I actually know any answers haha! How are you feeling so far?

1 Like

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] yeah online chatting about super personal stuff can be odd! [name_f]My[/name_f] situation is pretty different because I conceived with donor sperm, so without the support of a partner, a lot of my support has been online :sweat_smile:

I'll put my symptoms in the drop-down box since they can be considered TMI

[name_f]My[/name_f] first symptom was vaginal itching, around the time of implantation. I thought I had a yeast infection, but the doctor did a swab and checked for everything - Found nothing! She said the rise in hormones is the cause :woman_shrugging:t2:

Since my first faint line on a test, I’ve had some nausea and dizziness. The nausea has tapered off, but I do get dizzy pretty easy now. I’m already very sensitive to both of these things because I’m very susceptible to motion sickness. [name_m]Even[/name_m] just watching a video with a lot of movement or walking and not really paying attention can make me feel a little sick :neutral_face:

I’ve also had sore nipples. They haven’t changed in size or color, but they kinda hurt.

It’s still really early for me tho! I’ll be 4 weeks tomorrow lol

Yeah it’s nice to say it (type it?!) though as I feel like I’m constantly stressing about when we might tell certain people and whether people will guess now.

That’s so cool. Your baby is so lucky :revolving_hearts: I know nothing about the process but I don’t imagine it’s been easy up to this point so hope for you a nice smooth pregnancy now. [name_u]Happy[/name_u] 4 weeks!

[name_m]Plenty[/name_m] of time for more symptoms too… [name_f]My[/name_f] nausea has really stepped it up the last couple of days. It’s so weird to be grateful to feel nauseous! (But also bleugh)

1 Like

How exciting to see this thread up and running! Congratulations to all the [name_u]New[/name_u] Years parents! :partying_face::heart:

3 Likes

I got a BFP this morning! This is a First Response Early Detection Test and I am around 13dpo.

I was so expecting it to be Negative!!

EDD is around the first week of February

Summary

PXL-20210523-130443579

7 Likes

How exciting! Congratulations and welcome!

3 Likes

Scheduled my first midwife appointment for the middle of June!!; Also downloaded the Ovia Pregnancy app after using Ovia Fertility for years to track my periods.

It’s all so exciting!!!

2 Likes

Yay! I’m using Ovia too and enjoying the baby name swipe feature :blush:

3 Likes

Oooh Ill have to look into that!

2 Likes

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] @Spark!! Congrats!!

I have both the Ovia and What To Expect pregnancy apps. So far I’m leaning towards the WTE because it feels less cluttered. However, I do like the nickname option for Ovia! I’ve already been calling my baby a smush of the boy and girl nickname I’ve chosen :sweat_smile: So it’s nice to see it there!

2 Likes

Need to vent a little about some stuff, tomorrow I will be 5 weeks…

vent

Because of my paranoia of chemical pregnancies, I asked my OBGYN to test my hCG one more time, to make sure the number increased.

I contemplated doing this with my primary care doctor instead. Simply because I felt like they would ask less questions.

I probably should have done that… But I went with the OBGYN. When I called [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], the nurse was understanding and said she would have the doctor put the order in. On [name_m]Thursday[/name_m], I heard nothing and didn’t know if I could just walk into the lab or if I needed the appt, so I sent a msg through the portal. This morning, I still hadn’t heard anything, so I called the office and left a voicemail.

A nurse called me back and asked why I wanted a repeat hCG. I said it was just my request. She seemed very confused, asked if anything was wrong, and I said no.

She called back within 5 minutes and said she spoke with a doctor, who put in the order, but they could not repeat the test a 3rd time, if the hCG has risen an appropriate amount.

I understand her telling me, but it still made me feel a little ashamed for making this request.

I’m in the US so [name_f]Monday[/name_f] everything is closed for Memorial [name_u]Day[/name_u]. I don’t know if I’ll get the results back today or [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] :expressionless: I’m hoping they aren’t too busy today because of people starting their vacations early and not making a lot of appointments.

[name_f]My[/name_f] first hCG test took a little over 24 hours for the results, so I’m expecting to have to wait. Which is ok, I can handle it, but I certainly wish I could have this reassurance sooner than later.

(I guess a lot of my paranoia stems from the forums and groups I’m on for being a SMC. I feel like every other person has had a chemical pregnancy, but most people outside of those communities haven’t really heard of it)

Sorry to hear you’re feeling stressed :slightly_frowning_face:

It’s so frustrating that you have to both be worried about the HCG level and feel like you have to justify that worry as if it’s not totally normal to be worried in early pregnancy (well throughout really…)

I hope the results come back soon!

(In the UK we don’t have this sort of testing so I just have to go on my original HPT and symptoms until an ultrasound at 12 weeks…well actually maybe you can get it done privately but it’s not standard at all…so I totally get the worry)

1 Like

Everything was good with my hCG, in fact, there’s a small chance it could be twins :rofl: Both tests were so high for how many days post ovulation I was! (but neither my donor nor I have any history of twins, so while it’s possible, it’s still unlikely)

Also, my morning sickness has kicked in, so I’m having this friendly reminder that baby is growing :rofl: I am happy to have the symptoms for that reassurance, even if it’s not the most fun.

@greenleaves Wow waiting until 12 weeks feels so long! [name_f]My[/name_f] first ultrasound will be 8 weeks. What if someone has no idea when their last LMP was? And how are you feeling?

@Spark How are you doing?

2 Likes

[name_m]Just[/name_m] dropping in to see how everyone is. Sometimes you can have twins if you hyper ovulated. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister did. She has boy/girl twins. :blush:

1 Like

If I did, then I am hoping for boy/girl twins :sweat_smile: I was taking a supplement called OvaBoost so… Idk maybe I did hyper ovulate :woman_shrugging:t2: I posted my numbers in a SMC group and most comments were people with similar numbers and singletons… But a few comments were also people with similar numbers and twins :thinking: We’ll see haha

1 Like

@Elle1 glad your mind was put at rest with it. Twins would be so exciting! And identical twins are random not genetic so that could also be a thing right!

Had my first appointment with the midwife today and lots of blood sent off for screening. I was low risk in my first pregnancy but because my daughter was a really high birth weight I’m medium risk this time and will be screened for gestational diabetes. Fun :nauseated_face:

Yep no ultrasound until 12 weeks unless you get it done privately. I don’t know what they do if you aren’t sure about LMP, I know they moved my due date quite a bit after the first ultrasound in my first pregnancy because I must have had a haywire cycle and conceived later than I thought, but I’m more confident of my dates this time so hoping they don’t need to move it. I can’t wait for the time to pass by to 12 weeks so we can make sure all is good with baby and start sharing the news with people!

Sorry to hear the sickness has kicked in but it is reassuring at least! No actual vomiting here just pretty constant nausea and feeling super wiped out.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @anon25197097 hope you can join us over here soon!
@Spark hope you’re doing ok too!

2 Likes