Baby Berries due July - September 2021

Aww thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I look forward to sharing your journey in the TTC thread!

1 Like

Nausea arrived yesterday at 5 weeks like clockwork (same day I got nauseated with my first). Hoping it will remain at this level or dissipate but if it all follows the same pattern then I’ll start throwing up in a few days here and not look back for quite some time…

I’ve gotta bring out all the coping skills I can as this is going to be so hard with the two littles to keep after. [name_f]My[/name_f] younger is going to learn to crawl anyday now. Then I’ll have two mobile in different directions. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Hope you feel better!
I’ve still been dizzy and started getting cramps this weekend.
I had a dream last night I was having boy twins. We will see

2 Likes

I hope your dream comes true!

The dreams! I haven’t had any dreams about the baby but I have had several quite explicit adult dreams over the past week, which is not usually a frequent occurrence. I have pregnancy brain…

Now past 6 weeks. This past week has been exhausting. I’ve still been trying to light exercise every single day and it is one of my highest priorities, but it is obviously difficult to fit in between the bouts of nausea and exhaustion and taking care of the littles. But so far so good… I’m patting myself on the back for only taking [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] off and making a workout happen every other day last week.

I still haven’t thrown up, which is amazing! The nausea is near constant but I’m super happy to have at least delayed the start of vomiting… maybe I’ll be luckier this time.

Been craving spicy foods. I didn’t really have cravings last time so that’s new. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner has been very cooperative in cooking me nutrition-packed curries and enchiladas at my slightest fancy.

2 Likes

I went to my friend’s first ultrasound today for her surprise pregnancy and she is 9 weeks along! A bit further than she thought!! The due date is [name_u]July[/name_u] 1. I may not post/read on this thread too much, as I’ll be starting to TTC in [name_u]January[/name_u] and, hopefully, will be on a thread for [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Berries due in [name_u]October[/name_u]-[name_u]December[/name_u]! But I still wanted to pop in here and say hi :wave:

3 Likes

Hi all!
I am [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], 32, from regional NSW, Australia.
I have 3 year old boy/girl twins and my ultrasound today showed a singleton due [name_u]July[/name_u] 19 2021.
Excited and nervous because I have type 2 diabetes and need to be careful with my medicines, and considering a VBAC.
Pregnancy effects so far: fatigue (so real!!), some light nausea, and really vivid intense dreams - had one about being sexually assaulted the other night and woke up drenched in sweat :frowning:

3 Likes

Hey @Elle1, your friend’s journey sounds so hard and magical at the same time. Wishing her luck! I hope you’re able to conceive right away so that these babies can be close to one another growing up and you’ll have built-in support for your own journey. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] you’re able to be there for her now!

Hi, [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] @Sm202038. [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] and congratulations! @whatchamacallit will be trying this month for a pregnancy after twins. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] she might join us here soon. I wish you luck in your research and decision-making whether VBAC will be a good option for you! Wow that dream sounds intense and difficult.

I’m looking forward to my first prenatal visit next week. I have been feeling generally pretty OK, but I threw up for the first time when I got up this morning. I feel much better now and leftover roasted Brussels sprouts and rutabagas were the most appetizing option to me for breakfast so I’ll take it… super sensitive to smells. I made my husband scrub down the fridge and put baking soda cups in it so I can actually stand to open the fridge again (I know objectively it was not odorous at all but with my pregnant nose it was awful).

2 Likes

@Sm202038 [name_f]Welcome[/name_f]! Congratulations on your singleton. :blush: [name_f]My[/name_f] fraternal boys are two and we’re hoping for a singleton this time but will be thrilled either way.

@hyacinthbucket Sorry you’ve started getting sick. I suppose that’s expected though. As annoying as it is, I try to remember that getting sick means that everything is probably going well and the hormones are doing their thing. At least you’re still able to eat healthy. :grin:

1 Like

Yes, as much as I hate morning sickness I think if this pregnancy I had no morning sickness I would be much more anxious that something was wrong. And yes, with H I could not eat healthy options at this phase/stage at all. I basically forwent anything green for a couple months there with the exception of pesto, which I had nearly every day (on pasta, pizza, and bagels with cream cheese) as carbs were what I could (sometimes) keep down.

1 Like

7 weeks this morning. Feeling a bit more stable about things. Loss is of course still possible and my risk is doubled due to Hashimoto’s, but I believe that means my risk of loss is now below 10% from here on out and that has me feeling far less anxious. I obviously have no reason to suspect things aren’t going well. Hoping for the best!

Nausea and fatigue have been absolutely awful this week, but still nowhere near as bad as things were with my first around this time so I’m still counting that as a win. Still able to eat a wide variety of healthy foods but I have lost 3lbs so far due to aversion and am just able to eat less throughout the day. Sleeping a ton… as much as I can. But with our little guy (8 months) becoming mobile (army crawling) over the last two weeks I’m chasing kids and have to keep a much closer eye than the weeks previous so I’m not able to get much downtime between naps.

@jenileigh, I’d love to hear how things are going for you if you have a minute to check in.

2 Likes

@hyacinthbucket hi [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]! [name_u]Happy[/name_u] lucky 7. I was sooo tired at 7 weeks too so hang in there.
This week I had a burst of energy on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]. I got the most house work done that day then I have since finding out I’m pregnant. [name_f]My[/name_f] son has pretty much told his whole school I’m pregnant. Which just so happens to be my work. Because I can’t keep anything to myself.
I had some cramping last night and I just woke up feeling … idk … not pregnant. It’s really worrying me. I have a bad feeling. I’m just hoping it’s jitters and me thinking worst case scenario before my appointment [name_m]Thursday[/name_m].
Also coincidently my pregnancy app had an article “signs of miscarriage”
And said most moms just know something is off.
I’ve been having “flutters” so I hope I wake up with those tomorrow.
I really wish I could have got to the doctors sooner and I wish so many people didn’t know.
When I first found out I was pregnant I kinda ran through the scenario, if it didn’t stick I’d be okay and be able to handle it. But idk what I was thinking. And now I feel guilty for even feeling like that.
Wish I could give you more positivity… I’ve just feeling down. And I’ve been eating like crap lol. I’ll be thinking of you these next few weeks and send your Healthy mama vibes my way!!!

1 Like

Oh, @jenileigh, I hope everything is going just fine. Sometimes everything is intuition and sometimes it just isn’t. Update us when you’re able and I’m thinking of you!

I’m feeling better today…didn’t mean to be a [name_f]Debby[/name_f] downer. I think my nerves and emotions got to me yesterday
I got some healthy snacks for work this week
And my sypmtoms are back nauseous bloated moody and tired this [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]

Count down to my ultra sound [name_m]Thursday[/name_m] begins :grimacing:

Hi to the new girls. :raised_back_of_hand:t2: @Sm202038 @Elle1

2 Likes

I don’t think you were being a [name_f]Debby[/name_f] Downer, sometimes we just have feelings about things and I’m sure it was scary to be thinking the worst.

Looking forward to hearing how your appointment goes.

My midwife just left my house from our first prenatal visit. It went really well, but as I don’t do ultrasound or doppler, it might sound anticlimactic to others. We just talked about my symptoms so far, about what has changed in the birth world in the past 4 years as well as during COVID, she updated me on her current stats for things like hospital transfer and ultimate cesarean, took my blood pressure and urine strip, took some bloodwork for my thyroid, etc. It was great to see her again and talk through my concerns and wishes and the kids napped for my whole appointment (about an hour and a half she was here), which was great.

Unfortunately I have (which I suspected) a tiny umbilical hernia already. I didn’t have this problem at all with my first, and I don’t have diastasis recti, nor did I with my last pregnancy, but I’ve been noticing my belly button area hurting whenever I cough or else during my heaving during the vomiting episodes that have happened more and more frequently these past days. I’ve started splinting during my active hours of the day already (I wore a fitsplint throughout my last pregnancy and postpartum to help prevent diastasis recti, but I didn’t start until second trimester then) and I’ll just continue to do that through postpartum. Hopefully the hernia won’t get any worse, but there isn’t much to be done about it now.

I’m on a high as it’s strange that things feel much more real to me all of a sudden, even without the “usual” things like a heartbeat or seeing the baby. I’m so looking forward to this pregnancy (should be my last) despite all the grossness of the nausea and exhaustion lately.

2 Likes

Kids napped through the whole appointment! What a blessing. It must be nice to have a midwife come to you. I asked if silas could come to my appointment, and they said how old is he … I said five. And they were like We would prefer he didn’t. But I understand with covid and everything.
That’s scary umbilical hernia! I didn’t even know that could happen! What is splinting? Is that like taping up the areas? I hope your okay and try not to over do it. I appreciate your positivity about this pregnancy I feel like it’s going to go great for you and your family. You are starting off So strong!

It is just like a medical brace or wrap. They call it a splint because the purpose is to physically keep two parts of the body together (the two sides of your abdominal wall), but it’s nothing fancy or complicated (no more complicated than an ankle brace for exercise). There are lots on the market but this is the one I use:

https://www.recorefitness.com/maternity-fitsplint

The main issue is that my younger son is 18 lbs and nowhere near being able to pull himself up or climb up on me on his own. He needs me for almost everything so lifting him safely will be my biggest challenge for the next few months. [name_f]My[/name_f] older son is 37 lbs but I can easily stop lifting him.

Baby [name_u]Wren[/name_u] arriving [name_u]August[/name_u] 2021!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :sob: :sob: :sob: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Please pray that we get to keep this baby! I’m so scared after last time. On the positive side though, I have more symptoms this time (man, my digestive system is already up the creek) and I feel quite good.

My 40 week mark is [name_u]August[/name_u] 20th (I’m not one for “due dates” as such).

I’m sooooo over the moon. Now to work out how to tell hubby. He’s just gone to work… so I have all day to decide haha :grin:

(The photo’s not great, sorry. There’s a line on 11dpo, but it didn’t come up in the photo. Today’s test is also much clearer in person).

13 Likes

Eek, eek, eek!

I will keep your baby in my thoughts, but I’m sensing rainbow!

I always say 40 weeks, too. Last time I didn’t share my EDD with anyone… I said “[name_u]September[/name_u]” to anyone who asked but in reality his 40 week was [name_u]August[/name_u] 27. Obviously different season for you but it is a great time of year to be born!

2 Likes

@hyacinthbucket Thank you for your love and support (and excitement)! :grin::heart: How exciting to be expecting so close to each other!!

Yes, I’ll just being saying [name_u]August[/name_u] / [name_u]September[/name_u]. No specific date gives people less reason to be all “you’re overdue” or “has it happened yet” :unamused:

1 Like