Baby Berries due July - September 2021

Yay, welcome baby Magali!! A Harry Potter birthday baby. Sounds like she came super quick but glad everyone is well!

Haha! I’m sure you’re not the only ones to conceive around that release date. What a moment in pop culture for the collective libido, lol.

Team green is so fun in the end! I’m curious to see where you wind up but hopefully not for another 6 weeks.

Re: afterpains, I know this was only my second birth vs. your thirds, @jenni_lynn91 and @auroradawn, but per our earlier discussion about splinting/belly binding… for the first 24 hours I didn’t wrap, mostly because it was 90 degrees and super disgustingly humid. But ever since I have been wrapped and the afterpains resolved nearly immediately after putting it on. Might just be the timing but I certainly don’t believe it didn’t at least help a little.

We had P’s tongue and lip ties lasered today. Latch is truly immediately so much more comfortable and she is draining my milk sooo fast now. The procedure clearly did its job, even if it was torture in the moment and we have to do post-op stretches 7-10 times a day for at least a week… The outing went surprisingly well. She slept in the car the whole way (45 minutes) both ways, thankfully. But we are all exhausted now. One more week until we have to leave the house again.

3 Likes

So glad to hear it seemed to help! I’m certainly keeping that in mind if we have another.

2 Likes

How are you doing these past few days, @jenileigh? Thinking of you and hoping you’re doing better than before.

1 Like

@jenni_lynn91 Congratulations!! :two_hearts::partying_face: What an adventure that sounded like!!

1 Like

@jenni_lynn91 congratulations on little [name_f]Magali[/name_f]!

@hyacinthbucket yes, I have a girl and a boy twin.

Yesterday I went back for another growth ultrasound and ob appointment at 32 weeks with the twins. They are growing very well, they are 3lbs 14oz and 4lbs 2oz, so they are happy with their growth. I am doing okay. I am starting to get signs of preeclampsia including finger and toe swelling, headaches and eye floaters. [name_f]My[/name_f] blood pressure has been creeping up but not high yet so they are monitoring me. I now have 4 appointments a week 2 nonstress tests, an ultrasound and an ob appointment. I am now on maternity leave because of my [name_u]Braxton[/name_u] Hicks contractions and my intense doctor schedule. Only 4-6 weeks left.

7 Likes

Thanks to @jenileigh, @auroradawn, @jky86, @hyacinthbucket, @_thelittlefairywren, @PrincessShannon

[name_f]Magali[/name_f] is now 5 days old! She looks a lot like [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] when she was a baby. She has black hair, and so far her eyes are still a greyish color. She is breastfeeding well, although her latch is shallow so it’s hurting when she first gets on. I had a video consultation with a lactation consultant yesterday, and she said it looks like she may have a lip tie. Neither of the lactation consultants in the hospital actually looked in her mouth when she was born. I’ll have to wait for her pediatrician appointment next week for him to check out her mouth.

I still feel like my hips are breaking when I try to roll over in bed, and then when I stand I have a hard time walking at first. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband goes back to work tomorrow, and I’ll be home with the three girls by myself. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad will be coming around 12:30 with my brother tomorrow to see [name_f]Magali[/name_f].

I hope everyone who is still pregnant is feeling okay.

5 Likes

@jenni_lynn91 Yikes on the hip pain. Hopefully the girls will treat you kindly when you have them all on your own.

@PrincessShannon Sorry to hear about all the symptoms and possibility of pre-eclampsia. The sheer amount of appointments sounds intense, but at least you have started your leave.

I noticed the other day that my feet have started to swell, but it is in the exact same spot on both feet and only in the one spot below the arches. It was mildly concerning to see, but my form of nesting has been doing mass cooking batches and freezing them the past three days so all the prepping and cooking had me on my feet more than usual after a weekend camping trip that included some hiking, so I believe that is the culprit. I’ll be watching my fingers and ankles like a hawk.

In line with gender this year conversation I had my first prenatal class at the local hospital and of the 10 expectant, 6 told the gender of their babies and it was an even split. 2 of us (self included) were Team [name_u]Green[/name_u].

SO is feeling more pressure to come up with a girl name now as we inch closer (he is still all in on [name_m]Roland[/name_m] for a boy) but still nothing strikes him as perfect so he has suggested names he previously veto’ed that I suggested and moved on from since. I have said to him before my favourites are [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] (though the popularity of [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] turns me off I love the meaning), but he just can’t commit to loving a girl’s name. He originally wanted an [name_f]Alice[/name_f] for his late maternal grandmother but I talked that into a middle position where honour names go.

4 Likes

@PrincessShannon, I’m glad you don’t have to accommodate 4 appointments on top of your work schedule. [name_u]Will[/name_u] you get to take extra time after the birth or does your leave only stretch so far? I hope your BP cooperates and that these next 4-6 weeks go smoothly without event.

@jenni_lynn91, I also had killer hip/pelvis pain all day yesterday. I texted my pelvic PT and she sent me some exercises to be doing. I woke up feeling much better and I’m hoping that my pelvis can tighten up and stabilize from here out. I was originally thinking I’d be sitting up most of the day at this point but have decided to spend today and tomorrow horizontal still to make up for Monday’s big outing to the dentist. That seems to have taken a lot out of me and I think it was the time in the car that really threw the pelvis out of whack as it felt fine before.

I seriously cannot imagine being alone with the three kids yet. I spend the mornings reading aloud with them from the time the big kids wake up until they go downstairs for breakfast (30-75 minutes) and that definitely feels like enough for me right now at the 3:1 level. I’ll start tackling breakfast from next week onward and work up from there. I’m both seriously impressed and also horrified that you’ll be all alone with them for hours and hours. Nothing but good vibes coming your way for the first few days adjusting to the new norm!

@jky86 I’m sure a girls name will settle eventually. A boy of ours likely would have taken a few hours after the birth to be named from our shortlist. It was kind of a relief to discover her girl parts for that reason as we were much more sure about the girl name. I like [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] quite a bit!! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you find a combo that your SO can connect with and it just clicks. [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe it’s just a sign you’ll have a [name_m]Roland[/name_m].

2 Likes

@hyacinthbucket I get 12 weeks of leave all together and have about 2 weeks of PTO so 14 weeks all together. I should have about 4 weeks before birth and 8-10 weeks after birth but we will see how this all goes.

1 Like

How is everyone doing? Who is still eagerly awaiting the birth of their baby? I’ll be 39 weeks on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] and that’s when both of our kids were born, so I’m thinking that might be the day for this little lady. 3 weekends ago I was having prodromal labour, which I’ve never experienced before. Thought for sure she was coming then!

4 Likes

I had prodromal labor almost every day for the last 3 weeks leading up to when [name_f]Magali[/name_f] was born. She came at 39 weeks 3 days. Several times I thought I was going to go into labor right then. It was very annoying. I believe I had that somewhat with [name_f]Kiana[/name_f], although not for that many days. I don’t remember having it at all with my first daughter.

I wish you luck. Hopefully you have a baby this week!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! That’s so interesting how prodromal labour works. Third time mom and it even fooled me! So glad your little [name_f]Magali[/name_f] is here :two_hearts: congratulations!

2 Likes

@WildroseofJuillet, looking forward to learning whether it was indeed 39 weeks for you or if you’re still going. Re: prodromal labor, my pp doulas (who each have 3 kids apiece) told me that with each birth, there’s more “warm up” each time.

P is now 2 weeks old! I can hardly believe it. She has changed so much already. She has put on well over a pound since birth with milk straight from the breast (haven’t had to give her any of what I’ve pumped), which is just so gratifying after so many nursing troubles with my first two. She is very alert and also strong (has full neck control and every day for the past week, she has rolled from her back to her side). She also likes staring at illustrations all of a sudden whereas she really didn’t care about books for her first few days.

I’m doing super well now. After that pelvis pain on day 7, no more troubles. I’ve been stronger each day and my bleeding stopped completely several days ago now, even though we went out on [name_f]Monday[/name_f] for the ped dentist follow up and kids’ pediatrician appts. I’ve been sitting upright for the past week or so in our armchair that’s upstairs, and I’ll be going downstairs and starting to reintegrate with the family in 2 more days. I know my husband REALLY wants some more baby snuggle time as he has had wayyy less time with baby P than he had with either of our others when they were teeny tiny. I’m looking forward to playing with my big kids, too. I’ve been missing them, but taking this time to fully concentrate on healing has been so valuable. I feel ready to be a mom again physically.

5 Likes

I’m so happy to hear that the breastfeeding is going well for you and P!

I’ve been having a rough week. I’ve been really sick since [name_f]Monday[/name_f], and Kiana’s had fevers off and on since [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. We both went to the doctor on [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] and tested negative for Covid, but it feels like I have the flu. The doctor also said I have mastitis, but there is something else also because [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] was sick first. I’ve had a bad headache since [name_f]Monday[/name_f]. Advil and Tylenol do nothing for the headache or the fevers. I even got an injection of something for the headache and it did nothing at all. I was in bed pretty much from [name_f]Monday[/name_f] afternoon until [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] morning. [name_f]My[/name_f] headache has gotten slightly better so I can actually walk around and not feel dizzy.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s sister is telling me that I’m having problems because I have been drinking water and other drinks cold. In their beliefs, women are only supposed to drink room-temperature drinks for at least a week postpartum. So she was going on about how I don’t listen to her… We get along fine but she thinks her family’s beliefs are the only right way to do things.

How has everyone else been?

4 Likes

@jenni_lynn91 Sorry to hear that you haven’t been well compounded with unsolicited advice/commentary. Really not what you need when ill. Sending good vibes for a fast recovery for you and the littles.

Getting close to the expected due date, @WildroseofJuillet!

A new girl name landed for SO. He admitted last night that the names he likes are pop culture/fantasy based: [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] like [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings or [name_u]Arya[/name_u] from Game of Thrones, and he knows I am not really for that. I brought up that sometimes you can hide it in somethings else to which I mentioned that long ago I suggested [name_f]Rosaria[/name_f] and even told him the pronunciation was like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Arya[/name_u]. He is also always trying to steer into his Italian roots, of which [name_f]Rosaria[/name_f] fits. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] was one of his earliest suggestions that I wanted to make a little longer with another syllable or two (but liked because I like roses) and while he resisted [name_f]Rosaria[/name_f] initially, he now is on board. I worry it’s a little long though, and likely we’ll always shorten it when calling for them/registering for school under a called name. SO is on board because he knows I am a nerd for stories behind names and this one will give our kid a bit of story.

Pregnancy brain has gotten worse. I accidentally left some meat out overnight while fishing through our freezer and wasted $30-40 worth of meat that just sent me over the edge of self-anger and into tears. I wonder if I am experiencing some mood swings or prenatal anxiety that is manifesting in these incidents where I am defeated over small things. While I have learned to embrace my own pregnancy belly, I have not photographed it as of yet (at 33 weeks) and my mom is putting pressure on me to show it off because a pregnancy belly is beautiful. I don’t even show her my belly on FaceTime, but it probably comes back to some of that earlier insecurity and the fact she was on me about my weight so much as a teenager so the sudden belly is beautiful comments are about twenty years late. Also, my weight is continuing to go down even though the belly is growing but that is probably all from diet changes according to the doctor.

6 Likes

@jky86 I’m sorry you feel frustrated. I can’t see why the meat would be wasted though. Leaving meat out overnight to thaw is standard practice here and doesn’t make anyone sick. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

It completely thawed and was dripping all over past the point where it could be safely refrozen, likely was out longer than overnight cause I couldn’t remember when I had gone in digging for something but it was out at least overnight and at most two days (no idea how neither SO and I didn’t notice it on the table).

1 Like

Yeah, that’s fair. Two days out is a bit much. Isn’t it funny how things disappear in your peripherals - I have this experience regularly haha

I definitely feel the pregnancy brain- sorrows. It’s been one of the worst parts of the pregnancy for me, because I felt like I lost myself completely. One thing was being at work, trying to teach, and having to go “you know… it’s like… like I said that other time… you know!! When we…”. Real professional :woman_facepalming:t3: But even worse was when I literally forgot the word CHAIR and asked my boyfriend “can you get me… Um… you know. The things we sit on…”. Hoping I can laugh about it soon.

I’m eight days from my due date now, and I am a mess. Why does no one talk about the psychological torture of knowing the labour can start at any moment? I can’t sleep, I’m in a lot of pain, I’m scared about being a mom, I’m terrified of giving birth, I both desperately want him out and want him to be safe and happy inside, I just… I don’t know. Sorry for the confusing and incomplete rambling. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Congratulations!!! I see we’ve had some babies! I love the name Petra!! So beautiful!!

I’m 34+6 right now. I went into the hospital last night/ earlier tonight. (Sunday at about 6pm) I’m feeling a ton of vaginal and perenium pressure. They checked me and I’m two centimeters dilated and hooked me up to monitors. I had “one” contraction while there but felt like I had several. They ended up giving me a steroid injection for her lungs and asked to come back [name_f]Monday[/name_f] night for a 2nd round and to recheck everything and see if I’m progressing and in labor or not. It’s about 3 am and I’m so uncomfortable!! I’m not having painful contractions but I can’t imagine feeling like this for weeks, but I obviously want her to stay in!

3 Likes