Baby Berries due July - September 2021

It’s like the worst case of senioritis! :wink: Hang in there!

[name_u]Man[/name_u] you ladies are having a rough go at it! I hope you all feel better soon! Please keep checking in.

1 Like

@jenni_lynn91, I really hope you’re doing better now. Update us when you can.

@jky86, I hope you can at least get a picture or two that you like with your bump. Even if they’re completely private between you and your baby. I only have one photo of my mom pregnant and it makes me happy. If for no one else, try to take one for the bub. I’ve never been one for all the bump progression pics or selfies in general but it is a time in your life that you may wish you had documented in the future. I’m sorry you’re still feeling so conflicted about the belly, though. It’s understandable and I’m sorry to hear it’s your mom (someone who caused harm to your bodh image) triggering you now telling you to show off. That sounds very frustrating.

@pennysola, I hope the wait isn’t too long for you now. It is such a limbo as the days tick by but your baby will be here very soon no matter when they choose to arrive.

@morgantaylore, hoping to hear from you soon. That sounds very stressful and uncomfortable. I hope you can have some clarity. It’s understandable to want her in and understandable to want her out.

Polka Dot is 3 weeks today. My family reintegration plans have been very stress-inducing. I really was hoping that some of the blissful calm I’ve been experiencing while sequestered for the first couple weeks would carry over once trying to spend the days with all 3 kids and my husband but nah… it has all been rather chaotic, but is getting better day by day, I think.

I’m having vasospasms again (had them with H for the first 3-4 months as well) so that is annoying. I had talked with my IBCLC when pregnant about what to be doing to prevent them this time so I had hoped it might not have been an issue… Alas, it is an issue. And I’m already doing everything I know to other than medicating, so I feel I don’t have much control over it. But so far they’re not nearly as bad as with H so maybe I can just tolerate where I am. As long as they don’t get worse… I think they were worst around like 5-9 weeks with H, so we will see.

Otherwise all good here. :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks for checking in. I went back to the doctor for my 4th appointment so far. Basically the only migraine medication I can take while breastfeeding is Imitrex, which caused the headache to get worse. So I need to try to pump more (how do you pump while baby is eating all the time?) or supplement with formula to be able to take anything stronger.

I still don’t have a clear diagnosis, but the doctor thinks it’s some kind of viral infection, because [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] had been sick and now [name_f]Magali[/name_f] is congested. I’ve had two negative Covid tests last week, blood work was good, chest x-ray clear.

Good News:

• No fevers since yesterday

• We got the minivan yesterday, of course it has the same name as our daughter lol (Kia)

• [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has been so helpful around the house the last two and a half weeks

3 Likes

@pennysola You’re even closer to due now, so I hope you are well. I am not nearly as close but I can sympathize with the mixed emotions and fear of labour. Have you attended birthing classes? I am partway through some sessions at my local hospital and it has done well at walking us through the process of labour and birth and clearing up some fears.

@morgantaylore [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everything is going well and that baby is staying put for now.

@hyacinthbucket I will now have to Google vasospasms. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] things continue to get calmer in your home as you adjust to all the kids together.

@jenni_lynn91 Sounds like things are slightly improving judging by all the good things. Keep up the recovery.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] reached the 34 week mark. Some days are bad (like my last post) and others are far better and productive. At the least there are good days to balance out the not so awesome ones. I think a key might be taking my time in the morning, cause I noticed I am a bit more sore/irritable/tired when I have something I have to get to in the morning by 8:30 verses mornings I can take my time and do things when I feel up to it. It also seems to impact my morning blood sugar too.

Got to see my Team [name_u]Green[/name_u] baby today. They are head down and very active. Technician (a student) said she’d never seen one kick so much, and I believe they directly kicked the transducer early on in the appointment. Everything is looking good and they are estimating to be a little under 5 lbs right now. That was good to know cause the GD complication was a possibly bigger baby.

4 Likes

Thank you for checking in! [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Wildrose[/name_f] made her appearance [name_f]Monday[/name_f] morning at 39 weeks 5 days. We got to the hospital 2 hours before she was born. Another natural unmedicated birth that lasted 7 1/2 hours. Our oldest and middle were 19 1/2 and 18 1/2 hours, for reference.

13 Likes

Congratulations @WildroseofJuillet!
I love her name!

Well I got a call from the doctor’s office yesterday. [name_f]Magali[/name_f] tested positive for RSV…:sob: So that means [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] probably had it first then gave it to me and then [name_f]Magali[/name_f]. [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] was coughing a bit, so she may have it in her system also, but she’s not as bad as [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] and [name_f]Magali[/name_f]. That’s probably the virus that was causing my fevers and headaches.

4 Likes

Ooh, yay, I voted for [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Wildrose[/name_f]. Congrats, @WildroseofJuillet. So awesome she matches your username, too, haha. Wow that’s quite the difference between the labors.

@jky86, happy to hear baby is doing so well and you got that special glimpse.

@jenni_lynn91, oh wow. I’m glad the mystery is solved at least. I just heard a piece on the radio a couple days ago about how RSV has been on the rise out of usual fall/winter season and speculation about whether that is at all connected to the rise in [name_f]Delta[/name_f]. I hope you and all the girls will get over it completely really soon.

[name_f]My[/name_f] week has gone downhill. Yesterday my tears from the birth retore open… now I’m back to full bedrest for the weekend. I feel so betrayed by my body… I’ve been treating it so well and I feel like compared to everyone I know, I’ve done so much specifically to aid my healing after childbirth. I thought I would definitely handle things like the stairs well and be able to get back to a more normal existence by now… and tearing at this point 3 weeks postpartum is not normal. I’m pretty sure just doing the stairs a couple times a day plus just trying to teeter A over to the potty when he needs it (I haven’t fully carried him since the birth but I’ve had his partial weight)… I think that has put too much stress on my pelvic floor. I know none of the expectations I have of myself are helping me out right now… but I’m just disappointed and feel kinda pathetic and sorry for myself anyway…

:pensive:

6 Likes

I’m sorry you’ve been having a rough time as well. Had you gotten stitches? I was told I tore very slightly this time, and I didn’t need any stitches. I still have been having random bleeding, most recently yesterday. I’ll have a day or two with no bleeding at all and then the next day I have what seems like a lot of blood. I have literally been laying in bed for the most part the past week and a half, so I don’t know what I’m doing to cause the bleeding.

3 Likes

[name_m]Just[/name_m] being sick causes stress on the body and extra inflammation. Doesn’t surprise me at all that you’re still getting random bleeding now and then even when you’ve been resting so much, too… cuz you haven’t been WELL.

No stitches. It’s too late for them now, but when midwife came to check out the tears yesterday she still stood by the verdict that they weren’t deep enough or serious enough to have sutured right after the birth anyway. I didn’t tear with H so it’s new territory for me, but they ARE mild first degree tears and I had not even noticed them AT ALL since day 2. They were clearly mostly healed before popping them open again… now back to square one basically. And I wasn’t in pain at all… now they’re painful when I sit or stand or go to the bathroom.

1 Like

@WildroseofJuillet Congratulations! I adore her name so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::two_hearts: [name_f]Wildrose[/name_f] is everything!

1 Like

@hyacinthbucket sorry to hear this! I’ve been feeling kinda similar about my prolapse–it seems as though it “shouldn’t” have happened, but it did. This isn’t a perfect world. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you heal again quickly.

@jenni_lynn91 sorry the first few weeks have been so terribly rough! We were sick after mine was born, and it’s so stressful. Get well soon!

2 Likes

35+5 today. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] still in here. I’m still feeling a lot of pressure and cramping. [name_f]My[/name_f] next appointment is [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]. I hope everyone is doing well!

3 Likes

@hyacinthbucket I’m sorry to hear about your tearing :pensive: Hugs. Try not to blame yourself. Xx

2 Likes

Thank you!! :hugs: @jenni_lynn91 @hyacinthbucket @_thelittlefairywren

So sorry to hear everyone has been feeling under the weather.

2 Likes

@WildroseofJuillet Congratulations on the birth of your third. Sounds nice and quick in comparison.

@jenni_lynn91 Continued hopes on a speedy recovery for everyone. At least you now know what it is.

@hyacinthbucket I’m sorry to hear about your pain and tearing. It’s hard to not get caught up in blaming oneself (I do it too), but continue to be kind to yourself.

@morgantaylore Good to know baby is still in there.

GD is kicking my butt today. I had a couple highs from diet that I can explain over the weekend, and at least I’m not going over to the in-laws for dinners (SO’s mom forgot about my nut allergy that barred me from a dish so I had to eat the starchier option, but no more birthday parties or get together from here until the birth) but I had two meals register a high blood sugar today despite the fact that I was careful and limited the carb intake. Might cut out carbs all together tomorrow to see if I can bring it back around or maybe my hormones are just crazy today but as I only have 3-ish weeks left I am trying to avoid needing insulin. [name_m]Even[/name_m] the dietician wanted to avoid that as it could lead to a complication (hypoglycaemia) for baby when I have a generally mild case that has been mostly in control. It is damn frustrating though when I feel I have done a good job in making good choices but my body betrays me (sound familiar @hyacinthbucket ). Hopefully tomorrow brings better results.

3 Likes

Thank you for the well wishes. I started a new daily medication last night (normally a depression medication, but also used for headaches and apparently insomnia). I feel well enough to actually do things during the day, whereas before I was in so much pain I didn’t want to get out of bed.

The older girls started school on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], although they are getting out early this week because of the heat wave. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has been driving us all in the new van to drop them off and pick them up. Although he is sick now too!! He has flu-like symptoms, but it’s probably the RSV that everyone else had. He rarely gets sick, but when he does, he gets REALLY sick.

I hope everyone else is feeling better.

2 Likes

I’m 36+3 today! I’ve never been this pregnant, I don’t know what to do with myself. Thankfully my husband is almost finished mudding and taping and he picked up a new car seat, since my 2 year old is still in her infant seat.

I am so excited to meet this baby and so ready to be done being pregnant. [name_f]My[/name_f] goal is next [name_m]Friday[/name_m]. I’ll be 37+3 and hopefully we can go straight home from the hospital after having her. Plus my two girls were born on a [name_m]Friday[/name_m] and it would be so fun if [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] were too.

I hope everyone is doing well!

3 Likes

@WildroseofJuillet Congratulations!

I’m sorry to see everyone is struggling with some post partum issues. I hope everyone starts feeling better soon.

I’m still pregnant with the twins, currently 35 w 4 days. I am so uncomfortable, so many [name_u]Braxton[/name_u] Hicks and I’m not sleeping well. It also doesn’t help it’s so hot and humid here.

As of right now, we are thinking the scheduled csection will be [name_m]Friday[/name_m] 9/10. That date won’t be official until I have another appointment with MFM on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]. They don’t think I’m going to make it as baby A is so low and pushing so hard on my cervix, that eventually she will just decide she’s done and ready to come out. Last appointment I was barely dialated but 80% effaced. [name_m]Just[/name_m] trying to keep them cooking for another 2 weeks.

5 Likes

@PrincessShannon I have been wondering how you and the twins are doing so it’s good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about how uncomfortable you are, I can only imagine carrying two babies at this point (one day behind you in gestational age). Keep them cooking if you can.

I have steadily watched my weight drop at every doctor’s appointment. At this point, I have already lost the estimated weight of the baby (5-6 lbs) so post-birth weight should be interesting. I think that may be why some round ligament pain didn’t set in until very recently.

At this time I am more concerned about my mood swings than physical symptoms as I have days where I have endless energy and get very productive and others where I just get lonely and cry at the kitchen table. It may have to do with my friends and colleagues all preparing to go back to work in the next two weeks (majority of my friends are teachers like me) and I will be at home…as exciting as my “new job” will be it is a different feeling to not be going in this week to hang up a new bulletin board and catching up with colleagues ahead of the kids coming in. It dawns on me that my social circle will be changing as I am the first of my immediate friend group to enter motherhood so the dynamic will just be different. [name_f]May[/name_f] need to try making some new friends.

4 Likes