Baby Berries due July - September 2021

@jky86 I don’t even have any friends that I hang out with regularly. I have one friend who has kids, and my other friends don’t have kids. But everyone is so busy with their lives that we don’t see each other much. I text them sometimes though. I go back to work in two more weeks, so I will have my coworkers to talk to, but for now it’s just my husband and I at home with [name_f]Magali[/name_f] while the older two are in school.

@PrincessShannon, If the babies decide to come on their own, would they let you deliver vaginally? [name_u]Or[/name_u] would they still do the C-section, but earlier? I hope they stay in a couple more weeks for you.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband is STILL sick… he’s been sick since [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]. I did one of those home COVID tests that you buy at the pharmacy, and it came back negative, thankfully. It has to be that RSV that [name_f]Magali[/name_f] (and [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] and I) had. Also, I got my first Pfizer shot on [name_m]Friday[/name_m] and I’m feeling pretty good. Arm is a bit sore still if I lean against something, and I have my headaches off and on throughout the day, but the headaches I would have had regardless. I also felt very tired the night of the shot and the next morning. Good news is that [name_f]Magali[/name_f] is no longer coughing, but Kiana’s cough is still lingering.

3 Likes

@jenni_lynn91 I would have to have a C-section regardless. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] A is head down and I could deliver her vaginally, but baby B is transverse and would most likely flip breach or stay transverse if A came out first vaginally.( He’s stuck right now in the position he is in because of their sizes) There’s also a high change B would go into distress during the vaginal birth of A.

I’m glad to hear your girls are feeling better. Hopefully your husband does soon too.

4 Likes

Well [name_f]Magali[/name_f] is a month old now! How are our other month old babies doing? @jenileigh? @hyacinthbucket?

[name_f]Magali[/name_f] is more alert during the day now instead of sleeping most of the time. I weighed her this morning by holding her while on the scale then subtracting my weight, and she is about 10 lbs! Her eyes are still a blueish-grey color, which my husband would love if they stayed that way. He’s been calling her “ojos azules” (blue eyes).

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband is still not feeling well but he won’t go to an urgent care place to get checked out. I’m mostly better, just the headaches that come and go. [name_f]Magali[/name_f] is not sick anymore but Kiana’s cough is still hanging around. We did a home COVID test on my husband and it was negative.

2 Likes

@jenni_lynn91 That illness is just put lingering long and hard for you guys. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] the corner turns and everyone feels better soon.

I have been making an effort to reach out and chat with some friends over text and that has helped a need for socialization a little bit. In my group of friends I tend to be the one who hosts dinners, parties, etc. so I think knowing that a baby would affect that ability to host made me think pretty deeply about how that would impact my friendships. All the limitations of the past year and a half have impacted it anyway, but I guess it got to me. I actually visited work the other day while colleagues were doing set up and it was nice to just talk shop.

[name_u]Doctor[/name_u] officially scheduled my induction…for next week, a week before I thought he would. He had said 38 weeks for a while but reviewing when my hypertension started meant he wanted to go earlier at 37 weeks. It was a lot to process yesterday alongside getting the GBS swab and being sent for a non-stress test. It was nice to see a nice steady heartbeat from the kid alongside the fact that I was having [name_u]Braxton[/name_u] Hicks throughout the test. I have definitely felt the tightness more, but it doesn’t hurt.

SO stumbled upon a girl name he is now advocating for (he has been “like, not love” for ages): [name_f]Meara[/name_f]. I had him go over a list of Game of Thrones names (something he likes) and it comes from the character [name_f]Meera[/name_f] [name_u]Reed[/name_u]. We then looked into the conventional spelling [name_f]Mira[/name_f], liked the meaning, and then looked at variant spellings. While SO is more aware of his Italian roots his last name is very Irish; [name_f]Meara[/name_f] is the Irish spelling of [name_f]Mira[/name_f] and he just went all in on it. It doesn’t roll with [name_f]Alice[/name_f] as a middle in our minds (and we don’t want the initials MAD) so he relented on [name_f]Alice[/name_f] to find another middle. He thought [name_f]Meara[/name_f] [name_f]Bella[/name_f] would be nice and while it sounds nice, I am not sold. I am thinking [name_f]Meara[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I’d take other suggestions for a middle here cause we can’t seem to find ones that roll well.

2 Likes

[name_f]Meara[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Meara[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Meara[/name_f] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] (same initial problem)
[name_f]Meara[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Meara[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]

I’m 37+3 today! It doesn’t seem like she’s coming anytime soon. So crazy!! I’m seriously considering asking to be induced at 39 weeks if she’s not here by then. I’m sooo uncomfortable.

[name_f]Jenny[/name_f] - I’m so sorry you guys are sick. I saw that you don’t hang out with anyone regularly… have you tried the peanut app? I’ve been lucky enough to find great neighbor mom friends who we see weekly. It’s definitely a much needed social outlet for me. [name_f]My[/name_f] two best friends aren’t married and don’t have kids and while we text, we just don’t get together like we used to.

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of that app before, that’s interesting. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has been home from work since [name_f]Magali[/name_f] was born, so I’ve been hanging out with him during the day for a change. He was usually working during the day every day, then after work he would go to work on cars. He quit his job because of things going on with the boss, and me being sick. He’s going to find an evening shift job so that he can pick up the older two from school and stay home with [name_f]Magali[/name_f] while I’m at work. I go back in two weeks, and I don’t want to leave my baby!

1 Like

The twins decided to make their arrival on Sept 1, 36 weeks exactly, after my water broke spontaneously at the doctors office after my [name_f]Non[/name_f] stress test before we got to schedule my c-section. I was sent to labor and delivery and had to wait for my husband to get back from work. Luckily I never went into active labor so I was just hanging out until he arrived. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] A, [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f], was born at 4:06 weighing 4 lbs 11 oz, 18.5 inches long. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] B, [name_m]Roland[/name_m] [name_m]Craig[/name_m], was born at 4:07 weighing 5 lbs 8 oz, 18 inches long. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], though super tiny, is a strong fierce little one and eating like a champ. [name_m]Roland[/name_m] struggled at the beginning with tempature regulation and blood sugars, but resolved themselves withing 24 hours. We are now home. We are getting used to feeding them every 2-3 hours but they are doing well and starting to feed better. They are sometimes slow feeders but they are getting the hang of it.

18 Likes

Congratulations @PrincessShannon! They are gorgeous. Thank goodness your water broke where it did. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear they are doing well.

Looks like it’s down to you and me, @morgantaylore. I know you’re ahead of me in gestation, but with my induction coming soon who knows.

3 Likes

Congratulations! They are adorable, and I love the names you went with!

2 Likes

Congratulations, they’re adorable!

1 Like

Congratulations!! That picture is too cute. I’m glad everything went well for you and the twins.

1 Like

@PrincessShannon Oh they are darling! Congratulations! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

After all the stress of only having a week left and my SO going into hyperdrive with cleaning the house (he’s amazing), the doctor called today and said he is going to postpone induction to 38 weeks due to my GBS swab being positive. He weighed the pros and cons and because I have managed everything well it is best for baby to bake an extra week. The 37 weeks was more for my health going back to normal, but I think an extra week is a small sacrifice.

I feel good about letting it sit another week and a lot is ready but we can now spend another week refining and organizing our stuff better. But then, we were getting geared up to meet our kiddo so that has to wait now.

Maybe I lost my mucus plug? I feel the baby has for sure dropped just due to the extra pressure on my bladder and movements feeling lower, but no contractions yet. [name_u]Braxton[/name_u] Hicks are still strong, and often happen at night so sleep is now much harder to get.

5 Likes

@jky86 are you the last one?

Congratulations to everyone else I missed. Look at all these wonderful babies <3
We sure did pick very unique beautiful names.

[name_u]Salem[/name_u] is doing good! She’s two months old tomorrow. She’s got a sassy personality. Sleeping at night has been our biggest struggle. [name_f]My[/name_f] first baby slept so well, and I’m an avid anti-co sleeper. Because my SO sleeps so heavy and is so rough in his sleep I’m always worried he will smush her. She was waking up every 30 minutes it seemed if she wasn’t in my arms. I finally decided to try the swing in our room instead of the bassinet and last night she slept for FIVE HOURS at a rip. I feel like a brand new woman.
I took my first post partum hike yesterday and it KICKED MY ASSSSSS
I also have been not leaving the house much and have been struggling with intrusive thoughts about something happening to my babies. :broken_heart:
Hoping my hormones and emotions will calm down a bit with more sleep.

I’m thinking I have a brown eyed girl. I keep looking everyday for them to turn green like mine selfishly. [name_m]Silas[/name_m] has blue eyes and trey has brown. So I was hoping for green so we’d have one of each lol

6 Likes

@jenileigh, she is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your update.

[name_f]Magali[/name_f] was 6 weeks on [name_m]Saturday[/name_m], so my maternity leave is over and I’m back to work. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is going to be watching her during the day.

So far Magali’s eyes are still a blueish-grey color. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is hoping they stay that way. It’s funny that I have blonde hair and blue eyes and I have 3 girls with black hair.

2 Likes

@jenileigh Look how beautiful she is :heart_eyes:

@jenni_lynn91 How has it been going back to work?

Right now, [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] has dark blue eyes and brown hair which seems to be turning redish. Her eyebrows are redish white. [name_m]Roland[/name_m] has blonde hair and is growing all white hair and has really really light blue-gray eyes. His eyebrows are white. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has light brown hair and hazel eyes and I have auburn red hair and green-blue eyes so we’ll see as they grow.

The twins are almost 2 weeks old. It’s amazing to watch them grow and change already. They are getting on a feeding schedule and starting to eat more every day. They are also more alert every day. I’m healing well from the c-section. I had my appointment yesterday and they were pleased with my healing.

5 Likes

Here’s her two month photo!

Is anyone thinking about having another …. Idk why because it was rough but I miss being pregnant. I think I miss having the baby to myself.
I also haven’t lost any weight so I’m like why not have another….
I know you gotta wait about a year they said

7 Likes

I’m not sure yet if we will have a 4th. Pretty much anyone who hears I have three girls says we need to “try for a boy”. Or ask if we are going to try for a boy. I’ll think about it more when Magali is maybe 2 years old.

If I do have another baby, I’m going to have to have a home birth or call an ambulance. I basically delivered Magali by myself, the nurses ran in right before she came out. I’ll have to look into the cost of a midwife for a home birth. If it’s too expensive, I’ll just call an ambulance so at least there will be EMTs to deliver the baby if we don’t get to the hospital.

Again, that is a beautiful picture! I can’t get my older two to take nice pictures. They always make weird faces when I go to take a picture. Lol I do have a nice picture of myself with the three girls in matching dresses though.

@PrincessShannon Work has been fine. Same as usual. It’s annoying to have to pump at work though. The principal is letting me go to her office to do it. And yesterday the laptop they gave me on Monday would not turn on, even though I just used it fine on Monday. At least I don’t have any kids who are virtual at the moment. Victor did okay watching Magali the past two days.

2 Likes

@jenileigh [name_u]Love[/name_u] your pictures. Such a sweetie in your [name_u]Salem[/name_u].

I am maybe the last one? Haven’t seen @morgantaylore lately but I think she mentioned that her previous births have been early so she was expecting [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] any day last time.

While our first isn’t here yet, the topic of a second came up last night oddly. SO is a pretty anxious person in general so he has said handling one is okay and I was okay with only having one when I was considering being a single mom by choice/adoption before we met, but we have both always said “let’s see how one goes before deciding on another one.” He said last night that’s still on, but he also thinks we will likely feel the same way when the time comes. He is the third of four children in his family and loves his siblings (his sister jokes he raised his brother since he was 14 when he was born) so having a sibling may come up at some point.

When I look on this pregnancy as a whole, it was not terrible as while I had medical concerns everything got managed and I didn’t have many painful symptoms happen. I think I did say to SO one day, “I could do this again.” We will likely wait at least 18 months as I read that number in my GD research to let my hormones and body reset, but I am already 35 at this pregnancy. I told him I would go again but 38/39 will be my cut-off.

1 Like