Baby Berries due July - September 2021

Thanks, @auroradawn. I did heal again quickly. The first phase of healing took forever, but then I seem to have caught up with myself. I was all well again and fully healed down there to be ready to graduate from my midwife’s care at 6 weeks all the same. I’ve been feeling great again and actually able to care for all three kids finally.

@PrincessShannon, congrats on your babies. They are gorgeous!

@jky86, Meara is cute however you wind up spelling it. Did you wind up getting induced yet? You had said they’d rescheduled about a week ago. Looking forward to hearing from you and @morgantaylore.

The time is just flying by! I finally got my first Pfizer dose today so I’m taking it easy and actually have some time to myself for the first time, essentially. Good time to check in.

Polka Dot is 7 weeks this afternoon. She is over 12.5 lbs now (born at just under 8, so she is really packing it on, AND I’ve pumped over 500oz for A. It all makes me inordinately happy after all the struggles I’ve had previously with breastfeeding). We’re basically just down to the one night waking now so I’m actually doing so well comparatively (with my first two, night pumping kept me up at all hours so it was months before I got a solid stretch even when my kiddos managed it). I actually feel sane for the first time during the 4th trimester. Her brothers dote on her all day, which is adorable. Now that I’m fully back with the family all day every day things are super busy, but they don’t feel so chaotic. My husband is really enjoying his leave. It will be hard on everyone when he goes back to work next month, but it has been so good to just really revel in being our new family of 5. Seriously… things are just so easy this time compared to each of the previous. I wish this postpartum bliss on everyone. 3 four and under (with 2 under 2) with nobody in preschool or daycare and no family nearby… it is no joke, but I know this will be worth it down the line and I’m just so happy things are going the way they have been so far. The three of them are already so close.

My body is healed, thankfully, after the setbacks. I’m back to regular exercise (also helping me feel sane), and able to carry A again, although he is now finally walking (would have been such a help at the end of my pregnancy, but oh well, all in his own time and he had both parents and big brother with him to see his first steps)! We also just finally got our photos back from that shoot we did back at the end of June and oh my goodness, I’m so glad we did that. Of course they already feel incomplete now that we have our sweet P and we can’t exactly afford another shoot anytime soon, but I will cherish them forever.

For your question about more kids, @jenileigh, I know I’ve mentioned before that we are done done. I’m more at peace with that choice than ever before, though. I turn 30 in 5 months, and my husband turns 40 at the very end of 2022. He’ll be getting a vasectomy this time next year. I’ve had two beautiful pregnancies and births, have three beautiful children and I’ve been so fortunate. We will adopt a teen in 10-15 years. It all just feels right for us right now. I am enjoying seeing the relationships between the children blossom so much already in such a short time. And I think we are at our capacity in terms of managing our individual relationships one-on-one with each child at this point. We have so much to look forward to, and so much of that will be made easier from this point by being done. We were just talking about how fun water parks will be in a few short years. Since they’re all pretty close in age, there will be so many activities like that where it won’t be so hard to do things all together in the future because there’s only 4 years between H and P. Since we have done EC (Elimination Communication) with each of our 3 and it’s just going SO well with P so far, we will be done done with diapers in a year, year and a half, I’m sure. I’m really looking forward to that milestone for us all. I love babies and have enjoyed them each in different ways, but right now, I’m not sad about saying goodbye to the fully-hands-on elements of parenting the tiniest people. I’m just looking forward to all that we will do together.

5 Likes

Induction is scheduled for tomorrow first thing in the morning! And doctor hasn’t called to postpone it again yet so I think this time is on. SO is getting excited again after his mild disappointment last week of having to wait more. I was reading about pre-labour symptoms and have most of them, so I am hoping that it helps induction go a bit faster.

I have had to say “I don’t know” about induction day to family just so we don’t get requests for updates through the day(s) just knowing how our families have anxiety. I went as far as to hold back a post on my Facebook account so I can post while in hospital and make family believe we are still home (I mainly post about recipes and food I have made). [name_f]My[/name_f] mom even said to my brother that nothing has happened yet cause I posted last night so I feel okay about throwing people off this way just to avoid anxious update requests and questions.

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to know things are well with 3 under 4 in your home, @hyacinthbucket. Great to hear your older kids are so doting.

5 Likes

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] born at 7:59 pm yesterday. 7 lbs 4 ounces. 19.5 inches long.

I ended up getting an elective induction at 39+1.
I labored for 5.5 hours and pushed for 5 minutes! I’m so happy she’s here and so happy to not be pregnant anymore!!!

12 Likes

@morgantaylore Congratulations! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face: I love the name [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]! Xx

1 Like

Hey, guys! I haven’t been able to write here for some reason, and today the button was back. Weird. Anyway!

[name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_m]Iver[/name_m] made his appearance on the 24th of [name_u]August[/name_u], missing his due date by 2 hours and 36 minutes. [name_f]My[/name_f] water broke 23.30 and he was out 02.36. I didn’t have time for any pain reliever, which I had planned on getting, but I didn’t really need it as I felt the pain was manageable all the way through. Giving birth was absolutely amazing! I loved it. And I’m loving all the parts after it. The second he was out I wasn’t tired or frustrated or in pain anymore. It’s been such a great experience, all of it. He’s the best little guy and we’re so, so happy!

Thank you all for the support and congratulations on your little ones!

13 Likes

Congrats @morgantaylore and @pennysola. Sounds like your births were wonderful.

And I am the last:

[name_m]Roland[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_u]September[/name_u] 16, 2021, 6:34 pm
5 lbs, 15 oz.

Induction wound up starting contractions but did not work on the cervix, thus baby went into some distress and after having our options explained we wound up having a c-section within the hour (small hospital).

So our Team [name_u]Green[/name_u] baby turned out to be a he despite popular opinion from friends and family who were sure it was a girl. We didn’t talk about names until quite late, but I think upon looking at my son I felt he was a [name_m]Roland[/name_m] rather than a [name_u]Greyson[/name_u]. SO had no complaints since that was his choice.

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom called me in tears this morning out of both joy and sadness that we middle named him [name_m]Paul[/name_m] for my dad. We would much rather have dad back, but she was so happy to have honoured.

11 Likes

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations @jky86 and @pennysola :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face:

How exciting to have all the groups babies here at last! Good luck to you all on your newborn journeys! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx

1 Like

Congratulations to @morgantaylore, @jky86 and @pennysola!!

1 Like

Thank you. This group has been a great resource as well as comfort these past few months.

[name_f]My[/name_f] grandfather gave [name_m]Roland[/name_m] his traditional Chinese name, which won’t be part of his legal name but we wanted to have one to tie him to his maternal culture. He apparently stayed up and thought about it all night once he was born and decided on [name_m]Boe[/name_m] On. He wanted his great-grandson to share a character from his name with his late son (my dad) who was [name_m]Boe[/name_m] [name_m]Law[/name_m]. [name_m]Boe[/name_m] means “protect” and On means “content, happy.”

He was also very touched to know I chose to put my dad’s name into my boy’s, meaning he has been honoured in both [name_f]English[/name_f] and Chinese.

4 Likes

Congratulations @morgantaylore @jky86 and @ @pennysola!

It’s been crazy and I haven’t had time to be on much. The twins are now 6 weeks old. Overall they are doing well. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] has had issues with a sensitive belly and we are still hunting for a good formula for her. Both are getting so big already. They are also sleeping well. They sleep 4-6 hours at night at a time. I’m thankful for that. Now that we’re on a schedule it’s been easier but it was rough with 2 at first.

Another side note. People in real life think my son’s [name_m]Roland[/name_m] name is [name_m]Ronald[/name_m]. There have been numerous times, including medicine at the pharmacy, called in as [name_m]Ronald[/name_m]. I never realized this may be an issue.

2 Likes

I haven’t had that confusion yet with [name_m]Roland[/name_m] to [name_m]Ronald[/name_m], but can understand considering [name_m]Roland[/name_m] is not common currently (we hear that it’s unique but lovely, kind of a poetic chivalrous name). [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it is a hearing the name verses reading the name?

2 Likes

That’s why we picked it too, for it’s handsome, has a wonderful history and is unusual but not crazy out there It’s been reading the name that we noticed. It’s happened like 3 times so far that someone has read his name as [name_m]Ronald[/name_m].

1 Like

Oh no! Sorry for jumping in but… oh no! I totally didn’t see that happening either. I ADORE Roland. Hopefully it stops? My friend has a daughter called Ana who would constantly get called Anna, so frustrating. It’s better now I think.

1 Like

I literally would have never considered this a possible issue… :flushed: I’m sorry that people aren’t paying attention and are messing it up. Perhaps it’s because Roland is less common? People tend to default to “most common” without stopping to check unfortunately.

2 Likes

@Kiriko @_thelittlefairywren Thank you, as a name nerd it bothers me. I always very kindly correct them. I figured it would be confused with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_m]Roman[/name_m], etc, but not [name_m]Ronald[/name_m].

I’ve had people get confused about [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] too, calling her Evange-LINE instead of Evange-leen, and in person have thought it was [name_f]Angelina[/name_f] and Evangelese. I get that’s what I get for using unusual names in my area which is a land overflowing with Olivia’s, Liam’s, and Kreativ spellings.

Hopefully it gets better. I’ve received compliments as well on their names, especially [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

2 Likes

This happens with my daughter [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. About half the time someone pronounces the ‘T’. I correct them so she’ll grow up hearing that and will hopefully have no problem correcting people either.

2 Likes

Reviving this thread to see how all the LOs are doing as my dude is nearing the 6 month mark and I am curious as to how it’s going for others.

[name_m]Roland[/name_m] has yet to have his name mistaken, but we often get asked if it is a family name. Apparently some older neighbours and colleagues have fathers named [name_m]Roland[/name_m] so his name is memorable for them. Not too surprising given the 100 year cycle, the name was popular then. People often say his name sounds: smart, sophisticated, chivalrous. It fits him well. I sometimes think about my old name choice for him, but can’t imagine him with any different name now.

His Grandpa calls him the most good-natured child. His [name_f]Nonna[/name_f] comments about how smiley and social he is. His Grandma loves that he babbles and “talks” to her on FaceTime. Daddy says he’s perfect (and he makes him want another baby like…now).

All true things: kid loves to look at people and talk to them or interact somehow. He’ll play with toys but if a person is nearby his focus is on them. He’s even tried to smile at news anchors on tv to get them to interact with him. He’s very observant and picks up on new ideas. He turns pages of books we’re reading, is interested and eager for food (solids just started because of that), and is exploring his toys when not distracted by people. He’s a good eater, okay sleeper (good at night but daytime naps are a work in progress) and is working on trying to crawl hard (he’s not too keen on rolling but can do tummy to back).

And a picture from his 5 month milestone photos. I’m told he’s objectively cute, that it’s not just me thinking it. His small size might play into that too.

Picture

10 Likes

He is definitely very very cute! And totally suits his name too :heart:

[name_m]Roland[/name_m] is so cute! I haven’t been on Nameberry in a long time because I had been having problems with ads covering the reply button, so I couldn’t post anything.

[name_f]Magali[/name_f] is 8 months old now and so active. She sits by herself and can almost push herself into a sitting position if she is laying on her side. For about the past month, she won’t sit down if you try sitting her on the ground. She will extend her legs so she stays standing and it’s hard to get her to sit. She is almost ready to crawl. She also wants to eat everything. She has two bottom teeth with one top tooth coming in.

Since my husband came back from Mexico, he has a new job and I am not working anymore. I am home with [name_f]Magali[/name_f] during the day now and am able to get my house back in order. I miss the kids I worked with, but I told them I’ll go visit when they have special events at the school.

How is everyone else’s babies doing?

3 Likes