Baby Berries due July - September 2021

@jenileigh,

I’m sorry you had a bad experience at the doctor’s office. I’m glad it went better this time, and that you got to hear the heartbeat. At my 8 week ultrasound, the heart beat was 151, but we only saw it. I saw one of the OB doctors yesterday for my initial appointment. It was the same OB who delivered me 29 years ago. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom always said if it had been any other doctor, she would have had a C-section because I was breech. This OB did not deliver either of my babies, but there are several that work in the same group.

My OB looked at records from my birth in 2017, and said to make sure I let the on call doctor know that I have fast labors, and not to wait around at home. Last time, the doctor barely got her gloves on in time. [name_f]My[/name_f] doctor also told me not to get the COVID vaccine at this point because there haven’t been any studies done with pregnant women. I work in a school, so I think within the next month or two I would have been eligible to receive the vaccine.

I’m still feeling sick most days, but I took Vitamin B6 and half a Unisom for the first time yesterday evening and within 30 minutes I was falling asleep. I need to figure something else out because I’ll be working from home again starting [name_f]Monday[/name_f].

How is everyone feeling/tracking along?

I’m 7.5 weeks now and the fatigue,nausea and sickness is real. I’ve barely left my bed since [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], luckily my partner is home to watch our toddler but he goes back to work in 2 days which I’m dreading. :confused:

I have my first scan booked in for next week and then some blood tests given my previous history of miscarriage so I’m hoping for good news for those two things.

1 Like

I hope you feel better and find some strength. I’ve been doing legos from bed with my son lol so I feel for you.
I hope the doctors goes well! I’m sure it will specially since you are having such strong symptoms.

@jenileigh I am taking sertraline/zoloft because it is a pregnancy safe antidepressant. It really helps me. As long as your doc offers you a pregnancy safe medicine (which… duh), there should be no issues with starting it. Xx

In other news! We had our ultrasound, got a due date of 23rd [name_u]July[/name_u] (just told people ‘[name_u]July[/name_u]’), surprised our families on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u] with a personalised scratchie that said ‘a baby is on the way’ and have another week until the NT scan.

That first scan showed one baby, one heartbeat but I am going to be mildly panicked until the second scan is done that there is a secret second one!!
Also been having some nausea and suddenly hate eggs. Bit into some in fried rice the other day and thought I was going to barf.:face_vomiting:

Hello ladies,

I’m shattered to report we lost our baby at 7 and a half weeks. :broken_heart: I’ll be heading back to the TTC group after a few cycles off to heal and recover.

I wish each of you a healthy pregnancy and all the happiness in the world. :sparkling_heart:

Xxx

3 Likes

Oh, [name_f]Karrah[/name_f], what gutting news! I had been wondering how things were going for you but was planning on posting today after quite a long silence myself just due to morning sickness and the relentlessness of all the daily tasks. I was thinking optimistically that you were likely just in the same boat of heavy first trimester symptoms on top of work and all that… I’m so sorry to read this. Please be gentle with yourself and take whatever time you need.

Hugs and supportive thoughts from across the world! @_thelittlefairywren

1 Like

@_thelittlefairywren I’m so sorry to read this. Sending you so much love.

2 Likes

@_thelittlefairywren, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Please take care of yourself.

2 Likes

@hyacinthbucket
@jenni_lynn91
@LiliMorgana

Thank you for the love, ladies. :heart:

I’m sorry you’re so sick, [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. Fingers crossed it’s not for too much longer. Xx

1 Like

So as I said above… things with me are progressing, but I’ve been just so tuckered out by these first trimester symptoms lately… I haven’t had much time/energy to check in. Soooo nauseated lately, frequently throwing up, and just exhausted from chasing these kids around all day… I’ve had to be so intentional about hydration as with all the throwing up it has been hard to keep my hydration at a normal-for-me level. But otherwise… all is good here.

I’m 11.5 weeks now, I’ve been feeling movement over the past week (only when lying down and being extremely still, though, and of course not consistently). [I felt movement super “early” with my other pregnancy, too (12w5d I believe)]. It has been so exciting and feels so real now! I even got validation today that I’m not crazy. [name_f]My[/name_f] midwife and her apprentice came for our prenatal appt and when my midwife was using the fetoscope to try to detect the heartbeat (the fetoscope uses pressure on the listener’s forehead to conduct the sound of the stethoscope), she felt a strong swish of movement like baby turning or kicking… definite movement pushing against her forehead as she was pushing against baby to try to listen.

I didn’t use doppler or ultrasound during my pregnancy with my elder son, and so far haven’t used them this time around either (I would if there were an indication to), so I wasn’t expecting for the heartbeat to be audible yet, but my midwife AND her apprentice were both able to briefly detect heart tones (though not for long enough to time them to get a BPM). That’s like a good two months earlier than they were able to hear my son’s heart, so it was such an exciting moment. Next time I hope they’ll be able to get a longer read (check and record BPM) and also that I might be able to listen for it, too, though it still likely won’t be audible for a while yet (with my previous pregnancy my husband and I were finally able to hear his heart with a regular stethoscope around 24 weeks, I believe).

Measuring exactly 11/12 weeks (11.5 cm fundal height), so by all indications, things are going well… now if only I could feel a bit better, but I already feel better over the last couple days than I had in several weeks, so if this is where I have to be for a while, so be it.

Catching up on the topic, I definitely think everyone needs to take care of their mental health during pregnancy whether or not that means medication, @jenileigh. Did you make any decisions about it? I have weekly therapy (with the doula who helped me during H’s birth who is also a psychologist… we just actually formally interviewed for her to be my birth doula again! I’m so glad to have someone with that built-up trust!) and more if I feel I need it and that really calms my anxiety, but if I needed more than talk-therapy I wouldn’t hesitate, even if I’m extremely hands off with intervention normally. Medicine is a necessity when it’s a necessity and shouldn’t be treated like some extra thing.

@jenni_lynn91, how is nausea treating you now that you’re back at work? [name_f]Hope[/name_f] it’s going better. I know I absolutely could not function at a professional level these days. [name_f]Thankful[/name_f] to be home even though my kids aren’t getting top-notch parenting, either… ah well… it’s all temporary. @JessieMxo, how is it now that your partner is back to work?

Adding @pennysola 40 week mark up top. Sorry for the delay!

1 Like

@hyacinthbucket, I saw my OB last week and he told me to take Vitamin B6 and Unisom, but even the half tablet of Unisom makes me so tired in the morning I have trouble waking up. I only took it the one night. I saw a midwife today and she prescribed me Reglan (not sure spelling, but it’s another nausea med). I had blood work done at today’s appointment, and she tried hearing the heartbeat on the doppler, but baby kept moving around. I have my next appointment in 4 weeks.

Anyone else have a negative blood type? I’m A-, so I’ve needed a Rhogam shot twice for each pregnancy, once at 28 weeks and once after birth. [name_f]My[/name_f] oldest was A+ and youngest was O+.

@_thelittlefairywren just wanting to send you so so much love. Your whole journey just seems to have been so damn hard so far. Wishing you all the best for a smooth and happy journey from here on xxx

1 Like

@Kiriko Thank you, lovely xx

Hello :wave: Tentatively joining this thread having got my BFP on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] at 10dpo. I’ll be four weeks tomorrow and had a nice strong positive this morning :blush:

This is my second pregnancy, I have a two year old daughter already and we live with my husband and little ginger cat in [name_u]Scotland[/name_u], UK.

We only tried the one time for this pregnancy :dart::flushed: so we’ve been extremely lucky! I’m due right around my husband’s birthday in mid [name_u]September[/name_u] (which would be so sweet as my daughter’s birthday is the day before mine, and having a birthday buddy is so fun :partying_face:)

So, uh, I guess here we go again! I’m a little nervous about upsetting the nice routine we’re in with a newborn, but mostly excited to give my daughter a sibling and have another little human to love on! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

New to this group! Due with baby #3 on [name_u]August[/name_u] 28th! Excited and anxious at the same time. We have an ultrasound in 2 days. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t wait!!!

1 Like

So so sorry for your loss :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart: don’t feel like you can’t post here if you need to. We are all here for you. Praying for you Your baby and your family.

@sabrielschild & @jess061115 welcome ladies and congratulations!

1 Like

Ladies my sneak peek results come in tomorrow but I’ve been reading reviews how they are terribly inaccurate :woman_facepalming:t3: So I’ll let you know how it goes.
I had my first therapy sesh. I really liked the women. Still cried UNCONTROLLABLY the entire time and told her it was Normal for me. I feel like I got a lot of the heavy stuff out of the way and we covered ALL the bases of everything. Really went in depth right away and I had a lot to say. So I’m hoping my next one gets a little easier on the heart. I see her again in three weeks. She told me to call sooner if I was having a day where I was incredibly sad and overwhelmed. The day after I was incredibly sad and overwhelmed. And I was crying and upset. In bed ALL DAY. but I was to down to call and didn’t want to seem like a baby like I couldn’t go a day or handle it on my own. But I feel like I was just emotionally drained from bringing up all the heavy shit. And I’ve felt better and better everyday since then. I’m excited to see her again. I might tell her three weeks is too long lol. And she did briefly mention medication but brought it up in a way like there was no pressure or she wasn’t suggesting I need it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to know my history and thoughts. I was worried before hand about not having enough to say , even tho we filled up the hour with sooo much to talk about. But I think I’m gonna start journaling now things that worry me or my bad days. [name_u]Or[/name_u] things that are helping me. I’m also going to start to write to the baby. I wrote to silas when I was pregnant and I love Looking back and reading it.
I also have to start journaling my food

Thanks everyone for being here. And listening to me blabber. I’m really grateful I have stranger/friends to go through this phase with.
I hope you are all doing well

3 Likes

It is so awesome to hear you had a good first session!! (but also, sorry to hear about all the tears - it’s so great to let it all out tho). I agree that one session every three weeks is long. I used to do once a week and really liked that schedule. And I hope the sneak peek results end up being accurate for you!

Earlier this week, my friend had an ultrasound at 15 weeks. The tech said she’s 85% sure it’s a girl. Has anyone else had an early guess be accurate or inaccurate?

@jenileigh, I’m sorry you’ve been having a difficult time lately. Hopefully the journalling will help. I had planned to write to my mom in a journal, but I only wrote in the journal two days and then I haven’t found the time since I’m working from home while my daughter is learning from home. It still doesn’t feel real that she’s not here anymore, and sometimes I have dreams with her in them.

@Elle1, I personally have only had the ultrasound around 8-10 weeks and the 20 week ultrasound. We learned we were having a girl both times at the 20 week ultrasound. I don’t know how far along she was when she had her ultrasound, but my brother in law’s girlfriend was told her twins would both be boys, and one ended up being a girl!

1 Like