Baby Berries due October-December 2021

Starting this thread off for End of the Year Babies!!
I got two positive tests yesterday, which sets me up for an early [name_u]October[/name_u] baby. I conceived with anonymous donor sperm done via IUI. This is going to be my first child but my second pregnancy. I miscarried very early on last [name_u]July[/name_u].

I look forward to chatting with any additions to this thread!

16 Likes

I’m so happy for you!! I think you’ll have a [name_f]Libra[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you!!! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] will definitely be a [name_f]Libra[/name_f].

3 Likes

Hello! Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Congratulations for your success last month! Was it your first try?

I’ve had 3 positive urine tests after our first try 2 weeks ago. Feeling a bit nervous about counting our eggs before they hatch so to speak! But current due date would be mid-Oct and I would absolutely love to have a little libra!

6 Likes

Hi! Congratulations on your positives!!

I’ve tried a few times, though only wice with midwives doing IUI. The first time didn’t work, and this time did! There were four cycles I tried since [name_u]July[/name_u], since I’m using donor sperm and it is not cheap. I’m thrilled this one seems to be sticking. I just entered my fifth week.

5 Likes

Congratulations! I really hope it sticks for you.

I’m technically in week 5 now too even though we only conceived around the 17th, such a trip!

2 Likes

Same here!! It’s so odd how they calculate it, since we definitely WEREN’T pregnant at the start of our cycles!

1 Like

My goodness! So quiet. :zzz::zzz::zzz:

We need more babies in this thread!

:heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

4 Likes

Very quiet!! Hopefully with the new month, we get some more babies!

4 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all myself and @whatchamacallit are working on being in this group lol!

Partner and I decided we will be TTC next month. Which will give us a Dec 25/26th baby :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
If no success it wil obviously be 22 for us. Next month will be our first try. Both my boys were first cycle of trying. Third time lucky?
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you are all ok

5 Likes

Hi guys! I was looking for this thread the other day and couldn’t find it. I’m at the end of week 6 and the pregnancy hormones have been hitting me hard. Exhausted and nauseous almost all the time, weepy and hateful the rest of the time. With the occasional respite due to sheer will power on my part. Trying my best to continue to be a somewhat tolerable partner. We make sure to go for daily walks and make love whenever I’m up for it, it helps. Been feeling terrified of actual parenthood too, even though we have talked about this for so long! Trusting all this is marginally normal? I think I might have pre-natal depression and I’m worried it will never end… I have my first doc appt next week so will definitely bring this all up with her.

4 Likes

Yes, hormones really do go wild when you’re pregnant. Especially if you were prone to mood swings or depression before (from my experience anyway).
I’m sorry you’re feeling this way. It’s probably normal but it is good to talk to your doctor about how you’re feeling. Take care of yourself :blush::heart:

2 Likes

Hey you can bookmark the thread so you’ll be able to find it easier. Awwww so sorry to hear you have a bit of the blues. I had pre natal depression when I was preg with A. Unsolicited advice but I highly recommend getting on a vitamin D supplement and having a chat with your doctor. I am happy to help if you have any anxieties or feeling a bit low. It’s very very natural to feel worried and apprehensive.
Also hang in there. First trimester is actually the hardest I think. Your body going through massive changes. Youve got this. You will be baby’s first love😊. Second trimester gets easier

2 Likes

This is my first baby, too, and I’m doing it alone. I’ve had depression since 2005, and on antidepressants since 2009. After a lengthy discussion with my doctor, I’m weaning off them. Overwhelming it will be better for the baby for me to be off of them! I’ll be seven weeks tomorrow ([name_f]Monday[/name_f]) and I’ve just been predominantly exhausted. I’m here for you (any of you) if you need to talk! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words @whatchamacallit @anon25197097 @K_rassy13

@anon25197097 I’m actually already taking a Vitamin D supplement but I think this might be running a little deeper than a supplement can help with. I’m finding myself questioning how happy I am in my relationship, grieving leaving home (during a pandemic no less), struggling with the surprise of getting pregnant first try before establishing an income, among other things. I suddenly feel like I’ve joined a club I’m not ready to be a part of! I know it sounds awful, especially given how hard it is for some people to get pregnant. I’m sure it’s just the hormones making me feel this dark.

I’ve had some good news today though, a really successful academic in my field who is local has agreed to supervise my PhD so now I have something to focus on.

@K_rassy13 weaning off antidepressants during pregnancy sounds really tough. Sending strong and peaceful thoughts to you! I keep wishing there was a pill I could just take to make this all go away, but I know antidepressants aren’t good for the baby. Exhaustion is my MO right now too, along with near all-day nausea. Counting down the days till my doc appt on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] so I can get some support!

3 Likes

So far, so good but I’m being very mindful. I did get a little overwhelmed this morning, so I just cried it out. I’ve found that sometimes, that’s the best way to get through it!

I’m seven weeks pregnant now and The Bump app just told me my baby is the size of an M&M. SO cute. I’m really looking forward to my first ultrasound on [name_m]Friday[/name_m]!!

4 Likes

Hi, all! I’m so thrilled. [name_f]My[/name_f] ultrasound went well! I got to see my little one, with their little nubs for arms and legs. Their heart was going strong at 149bpm, too! I’m due [name_u]October[/name_u] 8th definitely.

Hope you all are doing well!

5 Likes

Aw that’s wonderful news @K_rassy13!

I had my first ultrasound yesterday too. We brought it forward from [name_m]Thursday[/name_m] as I had bleeding and a drop in symptoms a few days ago so I was quite surprised to see LO going strong! Mine was more like a fluttering pea, 142bpm, due [name_u]October[/name_u] 14th and everything looks perfect apparently.

I’m still struggling a bit with adjusting to pregnancy and with tolerating my partner but I’m trying to take it day at a time… I got a new job today so things seem to be falling in to place anyway!

5 Likes

My nausea lifted today at 8 weeks on the dot. The clouds have parted! I don’t feel like such a demon anymore and I even love my partner again. What a relief!

5 Likes

Hey! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is doing well. :blush: I got a BFP on the 23rd and the line seems to be nice and dark now so I’m moving to this thread with the hope everything will go well with this babe. :pray:
This is my second pregnancy but my third (? :eyes:) baby as my first pregnancy was twins.
Due date is around [name_u]November[/name_u] 7th I believe.

@elleplume so glad you’re feeling better! Nausea during pregnancy really can make things miserable. I had it pretty bad last time. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister had it even worse during her last pregnancy.
I’m hoping I can catch a break this time :crossed_fingers::grimacing::crossed_fingers:

6 Likes