Baby Berries due October-December 2021

I had no idea you were expecting #4! Congratulations! Look forward to hearing your name ideas - although can’t imagine it gets any easier the fourth time around!

2 Likes

@katinka I just saw this and am so surprised and happy for you! Congratulations! I hope you begin to feel better soon and things continue to go well. It’s so hard chasing the other three when you feel like complete garbage, so you have my sympathies. All the best!

3 Likes

Thank you both! Yes, I’ve kept it quiet so far this time around, mainly because I’ve been feeling so rubbish I haven’t been able to spend as much time here as usual. But thankfully on the up now :crossed_fingers:

Best of luck to you @LiliMorgana for your imminent new arrival and you @minxtruck for TTC!

8 Likes

Oh my goodness… what what what, @katinka?? No… you were part of my postpartum sanity strategy as I attempt to come to complete peace with only having 3… look at [name_f]Emma[/name_f], she wanted another but is happy with her 3…

So, so many congratulations!! I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better and so excited that you’ll have your 4th! What will the age gap be between A and #4?

3 Likes

Congrats, @katinka !! Wow, how exciting! :grin:

I can definitely relate to the morning sickness thing. It’s kicking my butt still and I’m 16 weeks. :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Oof, I’m sorry to hear that @whatchamacallit. Hopefully you’ll start to feel better very soon!

Oops, sorry :see_no_evil: I am very very happy with my 3, so happy that we decided to go for #4 after all! Not helpful. The age gap will be 2 3/4 years – an extra year this time.

6 Likes

Hopping over to also say congratulations, @katinka!! So, so tickled for you. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you feel better soon. (And all the others struggling right now!)

2 Likes

Congratulations! I’m glad you’re getting some relief from the sickness and that the scan went well!

2 Likes

You’re getting your 4th!! Congrats mama. I thought you were quiet on here recently. Big sympathies for that tough first trimester and I hope it gets easier here on out! Can’t wait to hear what names you’re considering :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

I was hoping the morning sickness was waning but it is very much still here! I asked for a refill of my prescription for the meds, so hopefully that will help, but I would still like it to go away on its own :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Congratulations! This will also be my 4th. Due the end of [name_u]November[/name_u].

1 Like

Thank you.

Thank you, I have all girls, ages are 12,11 and 6. I also have two step kids who are 13(girl) and 17(boy).

1 Like

Ooh we’re close then! Congratulations to you too.

1 Like

How is everyone doing?

I’ll be 21 weeks on [name_f]Monday[/name_f] and I think I’m finally over the worst of the morning sickness/all day nausea :crossed_fingers::pray:
Now I just feel exhausted but I’ll take that over feeling sick. :laughing:
I’m feeling baby move every day now and it’s really helping with the anxiety I was feeling between doctor’s appointments. Anyone else feeling lots of movement now?
Still have no idea if it’s a boy or girl and at this point it feels easier to wait. :heart::blue_heart:

7 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], ladies!
I’m 25 weeks today!! It’s crazy to think how close I am to the third trimester and, of course, meeting my little dude.
I had my glucose test done on [name_f]Monday[/name_f], so I’m waiting for the results of that. I should be fine, though. [name_f]My[/name_f] feet are definitely starting to swell (I’ve been in a higher altitude the last couple days, too). I do stay hydrated, but especially last night when I finally took off my socks…oof!
I feel [name_m]Henry[/name_m] move most days. Some days I don’t notice anything, but other days he’s just kicking away! One of my cats has taken to laying on my bump and it’s just adorable.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you all are well!

6 Likes

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear from you both :slight_smile: 21 and 25 weeks, wow — it’s going so fast!

@whatchamacallit

Exciting to be feeling lots of movement! It definitely helps calm the nerves. I had an anterior placenta with K and barely felt anything until quite late on, which was a little unnerving. I’m feeling quite a few pokes and wriggles already this time at almost 18 weeks.

@K_rassy13

Oof, that does sound uncomfortable. Hopefully the altitude is contributing. I love that you’re calling him by name already!

I’m doing well. Had a very busy, stressful week this week as I’m trying to get my ducks in a row to apply for a teacher training place this [name_u]October[/name_u], and they need so many forms and documents and certificates and experience :exploding_head: I have about a 6-week window to apply and be interviewed before baby is due (please don’t be too early!) so it’s adding an extra dimension of pressure. But I’m also so excited for it!

We have our anatomy scan on 14th and we think we’ll find out the sex if we can, but might keep it between ourselves until birth. I will be thrilled either way. [name_m]Just[/name_m] hoping to see a healthy wriggly baby on that screen!

6 Likes

Nice to hear everyone’s updates! I’m 25 weeks tomorrow and whilst we had a very kicky day yesterday, today I’ve hardly felt her… feeling a bit nervy but taking some time now to lie on my side and tune in and hopefully get a few kicks before bed.

In other news, my PhD scholarship application was successful so I’m stoked about that, the next few years will certainly be interesting! And my mum has been visiting from NZ and was due to leave tomorrow but they’ve just shut the borders again so she’s stuck here for a few more days at least :sweat_smile: so that’s nice.

3 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congrats!!! How awesome! It might be too personal, but can I ask what your project’s on? Or your general field of research? I love hearing about peoples projects. I’m a PhD quitter myself (broad range of reasons), and while I don’t miss academia, I still love hearing about others’ research, and all recent research in general.
BTW I was nosing back through the thread and noticed your post about Flora and Isla… probably not your style, but Anthea? or Iris? Flowery names are meaningful for me partly just from a love of nature/flowers/gardening, but also because both my mother and grandmother are/were avid gardeners, and my grandpa was a nurseryman. I also think Ida’s gorgeous, and love the link to the Maurice Sendak book (Outside over there), but it’s so similar to Isla that it doesn’t really fix the popularity issue.

Sorry for busting in here though! The 7 week old is insisting on only falling asleep in his carrier at the moment while I walk around the house bopping about, so looking at the phone is about all I can do. I get SO BORED. He’s fallen asleep now so I’ll get back to other stuff :sweat_smile: