Baby Berries due October-December 2021

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] your thoughts. It’s funny, [name_f]Anthea[/name_f] was actually my grandmother’s name! And she and my grandfather owned a nursery… my partner is a gardener by trade so nature names are a big plus for us too, he actually loves [name_f]Iris[/name_f]! And part of me would love to use [name_f]Anthea[/name_f], but it’s never quite sat right. Anyway, we spoke to my friend who had originally claimed the name [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and she very graciously passed it over to us as she is no longer planning to have children. So that’s baby’s name now! I like to think it’s a very subtle nod to my grandmother with the spring and flower connection.

Re: PhD, I’m in Psychology so I’m doing an evaluation of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for the management of climate anxiety/climate-related distress. I’m hoping I have a sleepy baby so I can work on it without putting her in child care! I have very eager in-laws too but I don’t want to rely on them too much. [name_m]Will[/name_m] have to see how it all goes!

3 Likes

Yay! Such a gorgeous name, and it sounds just perfect for all those other reasons too.

What an interesting project! Possibly moronic question ahead: [spoiler]
I know absolutely nothing about ACT besides someone mentioning it as a way to deal with birth trauma… but, is there a risk that if people completely manage their climate anxiety/distress that they won’t take any action to mitigate climate change? Or is the opposite kind of true, that the anxiety is kind of paralysing?

Or is this question so tangential to your project as to be highly irritating?! People would ask me things like “but what is lithium USED for?” when I mentioned lithium diffusion in igneous rocks as a possible way to investigate volcanic timescales prior to eruption and I’d be like… that’s not my project at all, I’m not looking at mining it let alone making batteries…!
[/spoiler]

Not tangential at all! Very much the point of the project. ACT is the only clinical/mainstream therapy modality that doesn’t involve changing or challenging one’s thoughts or feelings. Instead it focuses on helping people face difficult situations, acknowledge thoughts and manage feelings so that they can continue to take effective “action” (ACT has a double meaning in this way). So yes your second point exactly, helping people to overcome paralysis and overwhelm so that they can take actions that align with their values (and mitigate climate change).

2 Likes

BTW baby is moving a lot again today! I realised I must’ve been dehydrated cause I woke up at 1am with the feeling of a bladder infection coming on so I drank a litre of water and she started moving again right away! The infection feeling went away too. Must keep remembering to drink!

1 Like

We had our 20-week anatomy scan and baby #2 is another girl! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The past couple of days, Big [name_f]Sister[/name_f] [name_f]Ada[/name_f] was very confident that she was having a little sister, so we’re tickled that she was right! We’re going to do a small gender reveal for her tonight and then share the news with family :blush:

6 Likes

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Thank you @cactusgram and congratulations on your second girl, @lehassebrock! :raised_hands:

1 Like

How are you all doing??
I have nine weeks left before my due date and I’m trying to wrap my head around that. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_u]Henry[/name_u] and I are doing well. We’ve had a couple trips to OB Triage cause he hasn’t moved enough in a day, but his heart’s still strong and they tell me not to get too anxious. I haven’t had an ultrasound since the anatomy scan at 20 weeks, so my midwife said we’ll get one the appointment after next. So, likely right around my baby shower on [name_u]September[/name_u] 4th!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you all and your babies are well!

5 Likes

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear you and [name_u]Henry[/name_u] are doing well :blush:

All good here. I’ll be 27 weeks tomorrow! The twins just had their third birthday party so we’ve been busy with that.
Still don’t know the gender of this baby but I’m tempted to look at the NIPT results in my patient portal every day. I always tell myself I’ve waited this long so might as well hold off. :eyes::joy:
[name_u]Baby[/name_u] is moving and kicking so much now. I’m starting to feel extra exhausted by the end of the day. Could really use a mommy’s day off soon.

6 Likes

@K_rassy13 [name_f]Glad[/name_f] you are both doing well! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] movement can definitely make me super anxious too. I’m glad it’s been nothing to be alarmed about! When you hit the third trimester, you should check out the [name_m]Count[/name_m] the Kicks app. It’s a free app created by a nonprofit in my area that is designed to help mamas keep track of baby’s movement. I used it with my first baby, and it really helped me feel confident that my baby was doing well. :slight_smile:

@whatchamacallit I would have SUCH a hard time not looking at the gender! Theoretically I like the idea of going Team [name_u]Green[/name_u], but I’m a planner and not knowing would drive me insane! :joy: But I’m rooting for you! :wink:

I’m 25 weeks nows, and [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_f]Lina[/name_f] is kicking up a storm too! [name_f]My[/name_f] first was really active, but I had an anterior placenta so apparently I wasn’t feeling the full power of her movements. I definitely notice Lina’s movements a LOT! I can’t tell if she’s even more active than big sister was or if it’s just the difference of the placenta placement. The nice thing is that DH and Big [name_f]Sister[/name_f] have been able to feeel [name_f]Lina[/name_f] kicking :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s especially fun for my daughter, [name_f]Ada[/name_f], who is so excited to have a baby sister!

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to pop in this thread to say hello and introduce myself. I’m due with baby number two in [name_u]December[/name_u]. Currently 21 weeks.

Our first is a nearly 3 year old named [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]. We weren’t going to find out the gender of number two and then last minute at the scan we buckled and found out :joy: . Its another boy! So the name is likely to be [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] but we are still considering a few other ideas as well.

Pregnancy has been going well although I’ve been told I have low PAPP-A so I’m getting lots of extra scans and checks because of an increased risk of restricted growth, preterm birth and preeclampsia. But so far everything looks okay and baby seems to be a healthy size.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else is doing with their pregnancy and would love to know if anyone else has had low papp-a and had healthy normal deliveries.

6 Likes

How is everyone doing?
[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to all those new to the group!

I feel like some of us are getting so close! I’m 31 weeks now. Feeling pretty good. Next week I start seeing the doctor every week until baby is born.

I found out the sex of baby because I looked at the NIPT results. It was one early morning when I had insomnia and I couldn’t help myself. :joy: I got a private ultrasound to confirm. (Also got some really cute pics :heart_eyes:)
[name_f]My[/name_f] husband thought it was funny that I couldn’t wait anymore but he decided he still wants it to be a surprise so I haven’t told anyone else so it doesn’t ruin it for him.

In other news, my sister just announced she’s pregnant with her third child! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] will have a little cousin only six months apart! :blush:

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is doing well! Time is going so fast.

7 Likes

@whatchamacallit Don’t leave us hanging!! What are you having?! :slight_smile: Haha I totally don’t blame you! I would not have made it as long as you did.

We just found out recently that my husband’s sister is pregnant with her second child, so our baby will also have a little cousin close in age :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I think they will be about 5 months apart. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister-in-law and I had slightly overlapping pregnancies with our first babes too, but she didn’t tell us the news until after our first was born so it’s exciting we’ll get to be pregnant together for a longer amount of time now! :slight_smile:

In other news, I failed my one-hour glucose screening and am scheduled to do the three-hour test on [name_m]Friday[/name_m]. :sob: I failed the one-hour test with my firstborn too, but passed the three-hour test no problem so hopefully fingers crossed I can pass this time too. I am not thrilled about having to drink the glucose beverage yet again :nauseated_face:. I’m even less thrilled about the possibility of having GD and having to test my blood sugar constantly.

4 Likes

@whatchamacallit Don’t leave us hanging!!

I’m almost 36 weeks. Been having [name_u]Braxton[/name_u] Hicks about every day for the last few days. Thankfully they’ve been manageable. [name_f]My[/name_f] last appointment, I was measuring two weeks ahead of schedule. We’ll see if [name_u]Henry[/name_u] sticks to his due date or shows early! I keep telling him “not before [name_u]September[/name_u] 22nd” but… I’m obviously not in control of that!

I’m on every week appointments. Hoping to get an ultrasound next week…I haven’t had one since the anatomy scan at 20 weeks!

I had my baby shower on [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] the 4th and it was so wonderful. He got so much stuff! I’ve already washed and folded all the clothes and blankets…my boy may never need another blanket in his life. Between my knitting and all his gift blankets…wow. Time for some blanket forts!!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you all are well!

6 Likes

Ok, ok…I’m having a…GIRL!!

When I saw the results I didn’t believe it initially. I knew I was going to drive myself crazy wondering if it was right until I saw it on an ultrasound for myself. So I booked one. I’m so happy and it’s been really hard to keep the secret from my husband/family but it will be fun to see the reaction when baby is born. :blush:

@lehassebrock Aw it’s so sweet having cousins the same age for them to play with! And last time I failed my one hour test too but passed the three hour one no problem. I hope it goes well for you!

@K_rassy13 [name_f]Glad[/name_f] your baby shower went well! It makes it all seem so much more real when you’re surrounded by baby stuff. Lol Now it’s just a waiting game for him to make his arrival. :grin:

7 Likes

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] and congratulations @Serenityz! I’m sorry I missed your previous post, I hope you are doing well and the low PAPP-A is not causing any problems. I’ll confess I haven’t heard of this before (possibly it’s not checked here in the UK?) but great news that your little boy is growing well regardless. I love the name [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] :heart_eyes:

@whatchamacallit I’d totally have looked too! Very exciting news on your baby girl, many congratulations. I’ll be very impressed if you can manage to keep it a secret from your husband for another 9 weeks! Big congratulations to your sister too.

@lehassebrock Oh no on the one-hour glucose test! I hope the three-hour one goes better and you can avoid a diagnosis of GD. Exciting news about your SIL too! None of our siblings are anywhere near having children so sadly there will be no close-in-age cousins here, but it must be so much fun.

@K_rassy13 36 weeks! It sounds like your body could be gearing up already (!) but of course you can never really tell. I hope these last few weeks go by swiftly and comfortably and you get to use all those blankets before long!

I’m doing well at 28 weeks. I feel like I hardly have any appointments compared to US Berries, but I do have a blood test and checkup tomorrow so hopefully I’ll be measured and get to hear the heartbeat again. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] is a big kicker so I’m not concerned, but it’s always nice to hear regardless :blush: [name_f]My[/name_f] other 3 are getting very excited already, which is very sweet. How are other big siblings feeling about the impending new arrivals?

7 Likes

@K_rassy13 You’re in the home stretch! :tada: I never had [name_u]Braxton[/name_u] Hicks with my first, but definitely sounds like your body is practicing!! I’m hoping my girl will come on time too, or just a few days early. I’m so glad you had a wonderful baby shower. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@whatchamacallit Aww congratulations!! :heartpulse: Good luck keeping it a secret! Have you already picked out names for both genders? I feel like that would be the hardest part about keeping it a secret.

@Katinka Aww I’m glad your other kiddos are excited! [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is also really excited! She keeps asking when her baby sister is coming (and even asked me one day if I could squeeze her out sooner :joy: ). She’s been practicing snuggling her baby doll and stuffed animals and likes to put them to bed in baby’s crib.

And thanks for the good wishes for my glucose test! I’ll be sure to let everyone know how it goes. :blush: The logical side of me knows that everything will be okay even if I do have GD and that what matters is making sure baby girl stays healthy.

3 Likes

Thank you! We had [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] picked out for a boy and we’re between [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] for a girl. So it’s ok if we just take those to the hospital. I agree that it does make it hard because I can’t bring up any new names without giving it away though.
Oh well, he’s not going to be upset if he does end up finding out beforehand but so far I’ve been good :zipper_mouth_face::joy:

3 Likes

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] (and Griffin) are gorgeous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you! :grin::heart: