Baby Berries due October-December 2021

Thanks for the welcome! Don’t worry about not having heard of it before, I hadn’t either till they flagged it. I’m actually based in the UK. Apparently its something that check in that first blood test they do initially. They only mention it if its low. And then they tell you to take aspirin every day and give you extra scans… But that’s it so far.

I also feel like we hardly have any appointments here but I’m even getting extras because of the low PAPP-A… I’ve also been super bummed because our regional home birth team has been disbanded for now because of the massive midwife shortage due to covid isolation etc. I’m not due to [name_u]December[/name_u] so fingers are crossed that they will restart and I can have a home birth as we were hoping.

1 Like

I’m impressed! We thought we would find out the gender and just not tell any other relatives. Then I immediately and without thinking found myself saying “he” everytime I talked about the baby… So everyone figured it out pretty quickly :rofl:

2 Likes

Sorry, of course you’re in the UK too! :woman_facepalming: At least they’re aware and will be keeping an eye, but hopefully everything continues to go as it should. Fingers crossed you get your home birth.

I’ve only had I think 3 midwife appointments in total so far! Booking, 15ish weeks and then 28 weeks (tomorrow). At least it means everything must be looking low-risk :woman_shrugging: I did get a sneaky extra quick scan as baby was lying in an awkward position at 20 weeks so I had to go back a week later to check the spine. Luckily all was fine!

@whatchamacallit [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] are gorgeous! They even work well together, if you can’t decide.

1 Like

Hey all, great to read your updates :blush: we are indeed getting close!

I’m 36 weeks now and have also been getting lots of practice contractions! I’m actually going to the hospital today for a scan to check on baby’s position cause my midwife and I can’t quite figure it out, and if she’s not in optimal positioning my midwife can’t attend me at home. I haven’t had a scan since 12 weeks by choice so I’m both excited and nervous! [name_f]My[/name_f] feeling is that’s she’s head down ROT but possibly with her head flexed backwards. Sometimes she feels completely transverse so it will be good to get that confirmed. ROT isn’t a contraindication for physiological birth but it does tend to lead to longer and more painful labours :flushed: so I’ve been mentally preparing myself for that for the last few days as I’d been hoping for a low-intervention birth but that may not be the outcome. I also have to make it to 37 weeks to birth at home.

I’ve had a full on few weeks with confirmed anaemia, iron infusion and the the covid va**ine. All of which made me worry about the baby so much but she’s remained strong and active throughout!

I wasn’t planning on taking mat leave till [name_u]October[/name_u] but it’s getting harder to concentrate all the time so I may draw on some sick leave sooner. I can feel that liminal space calling, my tolerance for sound and simulation is lessening, avoiding the shops (and my in-laws, lol) and just wanting to be alone all the time. Would be nice to be able to fully let go and enter that space. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I went on a babymoon last weekend just for one night which was lush and I highly recommend, with or without a partner! It can be so rejuvenating to change your environment.

We’ve been revisiting her name as we get closer… [name_f]Flora[/name_f] has really stuck the last few months and now our families are calling her that too, but we’re also considering [name_f]Anthea[/name_f], my grandmothers name. We’d call her [name_f]Thea[/name_f] (my grandmother was [name_f]Annie[/name_f] so it’s a nice distinction) but it’s hard to let go of [name_f]Flora[/name_f] now after all this time. I guess we’ll wait to see what feels right when she’s here :blush:

@whatchamacallit congrats on the girl, so exciting :gift_heart:

@K_rassy13 wishing you all the best for these last few weeks and can’t wait to hear about Henry’s arrival :baby:

@lehassebrock I hope your GD test went OK! I skipped mine entirely as I didn’t want to go through the rigormole of it all. Not advised but it was right for me!

@katinka so amazed and impressed that you’re going to have 4! Can’t wait to hear what name you go with. Are you keeping the gender a surprise?

@Serenityz fingers crossed for your homebirth wishes too!

Stay well everyone and send more updates!!

10 Likes

So good to hear from you @elleplume! 36 weeks sounds so close, I’m already so excited to read your announcement. I have a feeling it will be a little [name_f]Flora[/name_f] :blossom: but [name_f]Anthea[/name_f] “Thea” is utterly gorgeous too and the family tie would be just lovely. Although there’s the meaning connection with [name_f]Flora[/name_f] too of course!

Let us know how the scan goes. I hope it’s good news for you and the birth experience you’re hoping for, but whatever the outcome at least you’ll be prepared and ready to welcome your little girl in the safest (and hopefully least painful!) way possible.

[name_f]My[/name_f] little one was transverse and bump was measuring just a little on the small side at my appointment last week, but the midwife isn’t worried unless I drop further centiles by my next appointment in 3 weeks’ time. She said measurements can easily be affected by baby’s position and I also suspect my official due date is a week or so too early, so I’m trying not to worry about it. Getting constant kicks and pokes from baby too which is always reassuring, if a little uncomfortable at times!

Confession time: we actually did find out the sex, but I’m going to keep it a surprise on here until birth! We had strong name contenders for both sexes going into this pregnancy and we’ve been pretty settled since.

I think knowing this is definitely the last baby has actually helped with the naming process this time around. Nothing we pick is going to rule anything else out in the future, and we can test ideas out with the full sibset in mind. I know that’s all very trivial in the grand scheme of things but as a lifelong name obsessive it’s strangely freeing! Weirdly, I didn’t find that at all last time, which was also going to be our final baby — I think deep down I probably knew I wasn’t “done” and was subconsciously weighing everything up with a potential #4 in the background.

7 Likes

@katinka aw happy to hear you know the sex and that you’re having a fun and satisfying time choosing the name to complete your family! I absolutely can’t wait to hear what you go with and I’ll be checking back to see.

The scan was great yesterday, bub is head down and engaged but somewhere between ROT/ROA like I suspected. This doesn’t preclude me from homebirth but it does mean baby will have to do a full rotation during labour which could make it longer and more painful. There’s a much higher chance of hospital transfer and intervention with an ROT position but I’m determined to give it a red hot go and feeling positive about it. I’m still getting cramps which my midwife wasn’t too concerned about but I wouldn’t be surprised if I went into labour next week. Interestingly my in laws are going away for the week and we’re staying at their place while our house gets painted (we all expected I’d go past my due date when we organised that) so she might end up being born at the grandparents house! I’m just hoping we make it to the 23rd so she’ll be past 37 weeks and a Libra :libra: :laughing:

P.s. @katinka I think you’re right, my partner called her Flora this morning and it felt so right. But Anthea would make an adorable sibling name! Might have to keep it on the books :smirk:

5 Likes

Best of luck! Lots of babies have to turn during labour, hopefully it will go swiftly and smoothly for you and you can avoid transfer. I’m glad you’re feeling positive! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

@elleplume I had my baby in [name_f]May[/name_f] but saw your post and wanted to comment. She was sunny-side up and actually turned as she was coming out! It was very last minute! No interventions needed and I managed without medication, so if you’re similar you might be able to avoid a transfer from what I understand. It was painful, but I was lucky it was quick, and honestly I couldn’t tell you if it was better or worse than my other births, all were so different. Wishing you a quick and as-easy-as-possible labour and I hope it goes the way you would like it to. Best wishes.

2 Likes

@LiliMorgana thank you so much sharing, it definitely makes me feel better!!

Hullo! We had our growth scan this morning, but sadly I couldn’t see his little face. His head is positioned dead center between my pelvic bones (my midwife is thrilled he’s head down). According to the tech, [name_u]Henry[/name_u] is “wearing my cervix like a beanie.” He’s weighing in at 8lbs which puts him in the 90th percentile! With how low he is, I’m telling work today that [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] will be my last work day. I so don’t want to go into labor at work, but I’m also very achey with his head where it is. [name_f]My[/name_f] midwife recommended 38 weeks so I’m just skipping out a little early. I’m hoping [name_u]Henry[/name_u] hangs in there until autumn…I met his (likely) pediatrician next [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], and I really want to have that settled before he comes.

In the meantime, I’m in physical therapy for carpal tunnel. The pregnancy has definitely aggravated the nerves but I’ve also been knitting for a decade! I look forward to being able to knit again.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you all are well.

@elleplume I hope you get the birth you want and that it goes smoothly!!

5 Likes

@K_rassy13 sounds like [name_u]Henry[/name_u] is perfectly positioned for birth! I hope we both make it till [name_u]October[/name_u] as desired. Sorry to hear you’re experiencing carpal tunnel, that sounds rough.

Most of my pre-labour symptoms have settled down now and it seems like baby has disengaged over the week, probably thanks to the two chiro sessions I had. Today was super baby bluesy though… Woke up just feeling devastated and weepy all day. Put it down to hormones but may also be because my parents were supposed to be coming over soon but covid restrictions are back between Aus and NZ so I have no idea when I will see them next. We’re not even allowed to travel interstate in Aus at the moment so none of my friends will be able to make it here either. We’re having a Zoom babyshower/blessingway tomorrow so that should help a little. Trying to focus on the last few things I need to do for work/uni before I can relax but keep just feeling sorry for myself instead… such an intense time!

2 Likes

[name_m]Just[/name_m] here to say I have passed my “safe for homebirth” milestone today along with entering [name_f]Libra[/name_f] today so I will hopefully get my airy baby :heart: unless she decides to wait till [name_m]Scorpio[/name_m] season :crazy_face:

[name_f]My[/name_f] virtual blessingway was such a gift and resulted in $1200 worth of extra supplies being bought for us from our gift registry which has made such a huge difference for us in these last few weeks. It was an edge for me to ask for support but I highly recommend! It also enabled us to dip into our savings last minute to get some professional pregnancy photos and I’m so glad we did.

Enjoying ticking the last few things off my work/study to do list and looking forward to fully getting into nesting mode soon… All my pre-labour symptoms have virtually disappeared so no idea how far off baby is at this point!

4 Likes

Yay, great news! Does that make you 37 weeks now? I don’t generally set much store by zodiac signs and the like but I have a [name_f]Libra[/name_f] baby (Juno, who turns 6 in 2 days!) and she is an absolute textbook even-tempered, balanced, cheerful, independent, well-rounded Libra… my one and only :laughing:

4 Likes

Well, my lower back has been aching for two days now and the [name_u]Braxton[/name_u] Hicks have increased, but otherwise, no signs of labor. I’m 38 weeks tomorrow (the 24th) and just desperate to meet my little dude!

[name_f]My[/name_f] cousin-in-law had her & my cousin’s second daughter this morning (the 23rd). Her name is [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (big sister is [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] Rose). She’s absolutely adorable and I’m thrilled [name_u]Henry[/name_u] is gonna have a cousin so close in age!!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you all are well. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Haha exactly, that’s what I’m hoping for! I’m not an avid zodiac follower either but that’s the kind of temperament I imagine every time I think of her :crossed_fingers:

Yup @katinka I’m 37 weeks as of yesterday according to my hospital due date but my own guess date is a few days earlier than that based on my ovulation tracking from the month we conceived.

@K_rassy13 not long to go now, I definitely relate to just wanting to meet them already! And my gosh I just adore the name Audrey. What a treat for you and Henry!

1 Like

@elleplume When my cousin and his wife were considering names, I definitely put my vote in for [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]! Also sent them the Nameberry page for it. :blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations to your cousins! [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is gorgeous and perfect with big sister’s name.

Best of luck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Well it’s [name_u]October[/name_u] guys! How’s everyone going? @K_rassy13 I imagine [name_u]Henry[/name_u] could be here any day now if not already?

I’m a bit tired and over it after having daily cramps for over 3 weeks now. Lost a bit of mucus plug yesterday but no sign of labour yet! I’m hoping/guessing this weekend will be our time (will be 40 weeks on Sunday) but I think I might be a little scared too which could be holding things up. I’ve been finding lots of ways to keep my brain occupied since going on leave but I can see that having some quiet meditative time could really shift things for us. [name_u]Will[/name_u] have to try slow down a little tomorrow, maybe do some journaling and see what comes up.

4 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] belly was tightening often for about three days, and the midwife on call said I was definitely having contractions and labor was imminent.

On [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], I was 2cm dilated, and my contractions got a bit more intense over Monday…Though, now it is 2:40am on [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] and I’ve been up with increasingly consistent and strong contractions since 10pm! I’ve learned laying on my side makes them MUCH worse, so I’m sitting for now. [name_f]Every[/name_f] now and then I’ll get up and stretch but today is surely the day!!!

3 Likes