Baby Berries due October-December 2021

So exciting, best of luck!! Let us know how it goes when you can :blush::pray:

Good luck @elleplume and @K_rassy13, it sounds like youā€™re both very close now! I canā€™t wait to read your baby announcements. Wishing you both the very best birth experiences you can have, whatever that may look like for you!

@K_rassy13 my labour with [name_f]Juno[/name_f] was exactly like that: very gradual and stop-start over several days at the beginning. I know itā€™s so much easier said than done, but try to make sure you eat little and often (even just sweets!) to keep your energy up. I really feel that keeping my blood sugars up made a big difference to me in how quickly subsequent labours went. Very best of luck :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Good luck @K_rassy13 and @elleplume!! I hope all goes well for you. So exciting that your little ones are almost here. :grin::heart:

2 Likes

HEā€™S HERE!!!
After two hours of pushing, [name_u]Henry[/name_u] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] was born st 4:25pm on [name_u]October[/name_u] 5th! He weighed 9lbs 8oz (oof) and is 21 3/4" long.
I wanted to give up towards the end, but then all of a sudden, they were handing me my son!
I did end up getting an epidural even though I wasnā€™t fond of the idea, because I was back laboring and just couldnā€™t handle it.
We are both doing well. :blue_heart::blue_heart:

15 Likes

Congratulations!!! [name_u]Henry[/name_u] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is a wonderful name, welcome to the world :earth_americas:

1 Like

Aww congratulations!! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f], sweet [name_u]Henry[/name_u]! :blush::blue_heart: Iā€™m glad everything worked out well. He is a big boy!

1 Like

So many congrats!! Well done mama and welcome to the world handsome [name_u]Henry[/name_u] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

36 weeks tomorrow. Anyone elseā€™s feet and ankles starting to swell? :grimacing: Iā€™ve been drinking lots of water :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

@whatchamacallit Iā€™ve heard consuming salt helps! Might have to look up a protocol though as I havenā€™t done it myself. Itā€™s cold here so my swelling has been quite minimal (though definitely noticable these last weeks). Brewers diet is also supposed to help (specifically in treatment of pre eclampsia) but itā€™s hardcore.

40 ish weeks here and so many false starts! Still hanging on though. Had a feel around in the shower this morning and was sure I felt her head behind my cervix. Cervix is super soft but not really dilated as far as I can tell. Iā€™m tired! All I do is nap and clean atm. And the occasional dog walk and shopping trip. That will probably be my day todayā€¦ partner wants her to hang on 2 more days as heā€™ll be rained out of work from [name_m]Thursday[/name_m]. Iā€™m soo ready though :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Any updates @elleplume ? [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everything is going well with you and baby :blush:

No news :roll_eyes: itā€™s [name_m]Thursday[/name_m] now and the rains are here! This is my official due date according to first date of last period but I had calculated earlier due to shorter cycles and earlier ovulation. So Iā€™m technically only somewhere between 40 and 40+4ā€¦ could be a while yet. Partner and I have been fighting a bit lately too so not a huge amount of oxytocin going on over here!

1 Like

Aww Iā€™m sorry things are dragging out. Hopefully she comes soon! Iā€™m sure that will put everyone in a better mood :blush: Is [name_f]Flora[/name_f] still your top choice for her?

I think so! Weā€™re still seriously considering Anthea and my partner actually said he prefers itā€¦ But I canā€™t shake Flora personally! We will spend some time with her and see what feels right when she gets here :blush:

2 Likes

Both names are gorgeous so you canā€™t go wrong! :grin:

1 Like

Dear all,

Our wee Flora was born on Sunday at 12.42 AEDT 17/10 via emergency cesaerean after 40 hours of back labour and no progress. Unfortunately she inhaled meconium deep into her lungs and remains in critical condition on respiratory support in the NICU. She has the best team of doctors around her and her mummy and daddy loving on her all we can. We welcome all the prayers we can get for her full recovery.

She has red hair and looks like a strawberry shortcake, just like I imagined her. She is a fighter and has already had to have extra sedation due to trying to fight off the ventilator. In light of this Iā€™m really hoping to persuade my partner to use Maeve as her middle name in place of May to honour her fighter spirit. Maeve is a very red name to me, meaning queen in Celtic and purple flower in latin. To me it completes the vibe of her personality in a glorious way, Flora Maeve. Of course May has special meaning to my partner and Iā€™m willing to compromise if itā€™s important to him. I will do a proper birth announcement when we settle on it :blush:

From a tired and sore but hopeful mama :heavy_heart_exclamation:

20 Likes

Oh my goodness, congratulations! She sounds so lovely.

[name_f]My[/name_f] first encounter with the name [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] was a fictional redhead, so thatā€™s my personal preference! But [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is so so lovely either way :two_hearts:

Congratulations and prayers for sweet baby [name_f]Flora[/name_f]! She sounds adorable! I pray she is out of NICU quickly and that you make a quick recovery from your surgery as well. :heart:
Looking forward to seeing your announcement! :blush:

Congratulations @elleplume and welcome [name_f]Flora[/name_f]!

I will be thinking about you all and sending the strongest healing vibes your way :heart: She sounds like a gorgeous little fighter; [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] would be a lovely tribute to that.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] and hugs from the other side of the world.

1 Like

I am sorry about your traumatic birth, especially as a first time mum :confused:. That is very hard. I am hoping baby [name_f]Flora[/name_f] makes the most speediest of recoveries, she sounds fiesty, makes sense with some lovely red locks :slightly_smiling_face:. If itā€™s any consolation my friends baby boy had a very similar birth. He was actually air ambulanced as it was so severe. He is now 9 and other than asthma he is perfect.
I hope you feel less sore in the coming weeks too and congratulations :white_heart:x

1 Like

Thank you @anon25197097 itā€™s great to hear a positive story. Iā€™ve struggled to find much online and the doctors were very cautious about giving us a prognosis. She now seems to have turned a corner and we are feeling more hopeful about her recovery. Asthma is definitely one concern I have, but also compromised lungs during the pandemic :pensive: as soon as I can I will take her to the baby osteo and hopefully we can stay on top of any adverse long term outcomes. Especially hopeful that since sheā€™s had oxygen since birth that she wonā€™t havenā€™t any neurological issues.

Iā€™m still on the maternity ward but will probably only get one more might here if Iā€™m lucky. Not sure how Iā€™m going to cope going home without her, but the NICU staff are lovely and we can sleep there apparently. Usually you can have a bed put in the room with the baby but there are so many machines in with [name_f]Flora[/name_f] we may have to sleep in the corridor!

9 Likes