Baby Berries due October - December 2022

I’m doing okay, still struggling with early pregnancy symptoms. Had my first scan earlier than planned, to check it wasn’t multiples again because my pregnancy symptoms are so bad. But it’s just one baby, and they seem to be doing good.
Having the NIPT test at the end of [name_u]June[/name_u], so we’ll find out the gender then and I’m looking forward to that.

Doing pretty well, though my fatigue for the day is settling in a bit early :sweat_smile:

We unexpectedly got our first scan last week at 10+5. They couldn’t find the heartbeat on the Doppler so they sent us up for a scan - only slightly terrifying, especially being my first pregnancy.

We go this [name_m]Friday[/name_m] the 20th for our 12 week scan. I had NIPT done last week - anxiously awaiting the sex reveal! I think we’re narrowed down to final contenders for either though: [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. Middle names are undecided but I feel set on firsts.

Wishing everyone else healthy scans, minimal symptoms, and smooth sailing!

3 Likes

Such good names on your list! I’m feeling drawn to [name_f]Maya[/name_f] these days. [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is also a favorite!

1 Like

We’re pretty set on first names: Astrophel for a boy, and Vienna for a girl. Middle name for a boy will most likely be Johannes after my father, the middle name for a girl is still undecided.

4 Likes

Well, friends, at 11+5 we found out that our little bean is a BOY! DH was shocked because he kept suspecting it was a girl. I think I had a gut feeling it was a boy even though I also would have been thrilled for a girl.

It’s still surreal but feeling more real now!

9 Likes

Congrats! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] news.
So far we’ve had two boy announcements on the thread, looking forward to seeing everyone else’s in the coming weeks.

How is everyone doing?

I’m 9 weeks today, and the morning sickness is easing up a little. I’m still completely exhausted all the time though, and I’m definitely eating for two :sob:

Only 4 more weeks until we find out if baby is a boy or a girl. It seems a little unreal at this point. I’ve got so much on my mind, my husband is having health issues that are causing me some stress, I have four children to take care of, I feel like I haven’t had the time or the emotional space to let this pregnancy sink in. I hope finding out the gender will make it all feel a bit more real.

1 Like

That’s exciting @Rosebeth - do you have any feelings either way? Hopefully the exhaustion passes soon.

Saying that, i’m still very tired at almost halfway. Had some repeat bloods done last week as I’ve been having very dizzy spells come on quite spontaneously, and they’ve determined i’m anaemic so i’m on iron every day now.
We had our anomaly scan today. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] was sucking their thumb and very shy, hiding behind their hands a lot! Was so cute to see. All is looking good thankfully so I can breathe a little easier.

3 Likes

@georgiegeorgie I have a gut feeling that baby is a girl. No idea if my gut feeling can be trusted though :slightly_smiling_face: With my sons I never had a feeling either way. If it is a girl I think I’ll need some time to get used to the idea. I see myself as a boy mom, I always have, from the second I knew I was pregnant with my oldest son. I’d be just as happy with a daughter, don’t get me wrong, but I feel like I have no idea how to raise a girl. I imagine it’s so different from raising a boy, and after four sons it would be a big adjustment.
I hope you feel better now and that the iron is helping! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I’m 18 weeks on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] first consultant appointment is on [name_f]Monday[/name_f] and I’m dreading it. I found out this week that on my medical notes it says my next pregnancy must be a c section because of a high incision inside from my previous emergency c section. I had my heart set on a vbac and don’t think I’ll cope well at all with a c section. I am still mourning the pregnancy and birth I didn’t get with my son and he’s 2 years old now. I’m hoping I can get some answers and push for what I want because it’s really important to me, especially to heal. I struggled badly after my son’s prem birth. Not to mention history could repeat itself. [name_m]Just[/name_m] hoping the appointment goes well :crossed_fingers:t2:

5 Likes

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] your appointment went well @eireann - and remember, consultants can’t force you to have any type of birth that you don’t want, only give their recommendation.
It’s just about getting all the information possible and weighing up the risks and benefits.
And if you do end up having a c-section, there’s definitely ways of making it a really positive experience too.

Not much to share here apart from the fact my belly button is now a permanent outtie which my 2 year old finds hysterical!

1 Like

Thank you, it went well! I told the lady I wanted a vbac and she said this is what they want for me too as long as nothing changes. I will have 4 weekly growth scans from 20 weeks because my son had IUGR and I’m hoping I have Doppler scans as well to check blood flow, as that’s what caused my son’s issues. Very hopeful now :crossed_fingers:t2:

I have a wedding reception to go to on [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] and everything makes me look super pregnant. I’m 19 weeks on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is doing ok.

1 Like

Not much new to report here, all going well :blush: Getting loads of movement now which is so nice, and reassuring. Can’t wait for my 20 week scan on [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] to see little one again! :heart_eyes: [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is 100% convinced it’s a brother, so I hope she’s not too upset if it’s a sister! I have no strong feelings either way this time (with my first I “just knew” she was a girl as soon as I saw her at my first scan). Can’t believe I’m almost halfway through! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Well, it looks like we are team :sparkling_heart: GIRL :sparkling_heart: again this time around!

20 week scan this morning went well, all looking good, baby girl even gave us a lovely clear wave :wave::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hope everyone else is feeling well!

9 Likes

Congratulations! I had a feeling yours would be girl. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] the scan went well x

1 Like

Less than two weeks until our NIPT test and I’m getting a little nervous. I just want to know everything is alright. And knowing the gender would help us decide on a name.

We also asked my oldest son, Hjörtur, if he thinks baby is a boy or a girl. He thinks it’s a boy again, because “maybe I can only make boys” :sweat_smile: A little sister would be fine for him too, “as long as she’s nice” :laughing:

5 Likes

Not my due date group, but I saw this and it made me laugh - my nephew said the same thing if we were having a girl :joy: “Only if she’s nice and will play hockey with me!” is what we got lol

4 Likes

Is anyone else starting to show ridiculously early? I’m only 11+2 and I’m already having trouble hiding my bump. It’s my fourth pregnancy and I know it’s common to start showing earlier than with your first, but still… It’s almost as obvious as with the twins :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m about 10 weeks ahead of you, but have a permanent beach ball! I felt like I woke up one day and just popped. Definitely showing a lot sooner but then i’m eating a lot more than I did in my son’s pregnancy.

1 Like

Oh yes, there’s that as well :roll_eyes: The cravings are absolutely unreal, and I’m eating so much in general. But I haven’t put on that much weight. My husband thinks it’s hilarious, he’s constantly making jokes about the amount of food I eat. I promised myself never to say this, but: men do have it easy :sweat_smile: