Baby girl name

My wife just gave birth yesterday. We are looking for a name and my wife has suggested [name]Joyce[/name] as one of the names. I’m thinking of naming my baby girl [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] and there is a native third name which is based on my country.

I would like to explain why I choose [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]:

1. [name]Amanda[/name] is one of my all time favourite song from the American band [name]Boston[/name]. The first time I heard this song was 1986 when it first came out. I couldn’t find [name]Boston[/name]'s record sold in my country and it took me more than 20 years to finally get a copy of this song made possible through the internet. I left a message on the [name]Boston[/name] website where another [name]Boston[/name] fan from US read my comment. He contacted me and sent me a copy of all [name]Boston[/name] songs including [name]Amanda[/name] complete with DVD of the band’s concert.

2. [name]Joyce[/name] represents my joy for this little girl. When my wife found out that she was pregnant, she didn’t like it because it was eight years since our last child and wanted to abort but I forbid her. In the end when the baby was born yesterday, she was the first one to be so joyful for this little beauty. The story was that back in [name]June[/name], the doctors detected some complications in my wife’s pregnancy and wanted to deliver the baby prematurely because they thought her pregnancy was putting her life at risk. I held on giving my final approval because I believed in the power of nature and God to heal her complications in time for a natural delivery and it came true.

So please folks, could you guys give me your thoughts in the name I have chosen. I hope to get some response today as I will have to produce a name for my child when I visit the hospital today evening.

Congratulations! It sounds like the name has wonderful meaning for you and your wife, and it is very pretty. Enjoy your new baby daughter!

I love names that have a personal special meaning and it seems like [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] holds special meaning for both you. Where you thinking of considering other names or is this “the one”? Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl.

At this point, I seem to be settling on this name as it has meanings for me in so many ways. However, I would consider any other opinion.

If you like the sound of [name]Amanda[/name] you might like some of these. I also added some names that meant joy.

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Amari[/name] - “eternal”
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Anja[/name] or [name]Anya[/name]
[name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Melina[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name] - means “my joy, my delight”
[name]Abigail[/name] - means “my father is joyful” could use the nn [name]Abby[/name]
[name]Faine[/name]/[name]Fayne[/name] - also means “joyful”. I like it more for a middle name.
[name]Allegra[/name] - means “joyous”
[name]Renee[/name] - means “reborn”
[name]Ver[/name] - means “truth or faith”
[name]Imani[/name]/[name]Amani[/name] - “faith”
[name]Amina[/name] - “trustworthy or faithful”

Are there other names you like the sound of?

Congratulations on your baby girl! :slight_smile: I do think [name]Amanda[/name] is lovely, and think it’s great that the name has personal meaning to you.

I think that [name]Joyce[/name] is very pretty, too, but at the same time, I think that [name]Joy[/name] better fits [name]Amanda[/name]'s more current style, at least in the U.S…Another option for you is [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] ([name]Blythe[/name] means happy, too, but more along the lines of being cheeful and carefree). :slight_smile:

Either way, I think you’ve chosen a beautiful name with a wonderful meaning. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thank you disa_lan for these names.

I checked the meaning of names I have chosen and it seems a good combination. Although the name [name]Amanda[/name] seemed to be waning in use nowadays based on what I read here, the name has lingered with me for more than 20 years since the day I first heard the name as a song played on American Top 40 in 1986. Something about the song stayed with me which is the reason I kept looking to own a record of it all these times.

[name]Amanda[/name] - much loved
[name]Joyce[/name] - merry; joyous

Because the name has such great meaning to you and it is a pretty name. I hate to see you use something you didn’t love as much as [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]. All around the meaning/meanings of the name/names seem very special. :slight_smile:

I checked the meaning of names I have chosen and it seems a good combination. Although the name [name]Amanda[/name] seemed to be waning in use nowadays based on what I read here, the name has lingered with me for more than 20 years since the day I first heard the name as a song played on American Top 40 in 1986. Something about the song stayed with me which is the reason I kept looking to own a record of it all these times.

[name]Joyce[/name] - merry; joyous[/quote]

Yes, in the U.S. [name]Amanda[/name] is falling in popularity as is seen by some as being dated, but I think it’s meaning to you trumps everything. :slight_smile: (Are you in the U.S.?)

You may also like [name]Miranda[/name], which means “marvelous.” I think that [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Joy[/name] (marvelous joy) is lovely, too.

I’m so glad that everything worked out so beautifully for you, your wife, and your family. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thank you all. And so it goes, the name will be [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]. I appreciate all those who gave suggestions and wish you happiness and prosperity in all your years.

That’s great! Best wishes to you and your family! :slight_smile:

[name]Joyce[/name] - merry; joyous[/quote]

Yes, in the U.S. [name]Amanda[/name] is falling in popularity as is seen by some as being dated, but I think it’s meaning to you trumps everything. :slight_smile: (Are you in the U.S.?)

You may also like [name]Miranda[/name], which isn’t dated like [name]Amanda[/name] in the U.S. (if that’s still an issue for you) and means “marvelous.” I think that [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Joy[/name] (marvelous joy) is lovely, too.

I’m so glad that everything worked out so beautifully for you, your wife, and your family. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :-)[/quote]

I’m not in the US. I am here in the Fiji Islands, somewhere between [name]Hawaii[/name] and New Zealand.

When my wife was about four/five months pregnant and undergoing all those complications, at one stage the doctors couldn’t even detect any movement at all from the foetus, they asked me to write a letter of consent giving them authority to perform any emergency surgery if something happens suddenly. I did write the letter but at the very end, I mentioned that the final authority will still be mine.

While we were home one day, I had some of my favourite music played on my computer and I was listening to them, I gave my wife the headset to listen to the music. When my wife listened to the songs which were similar genre to [name]Amanda[/name] by [name]Boston[/name], the baby gave one big baby kick. That day, it reconfirmed to me that my instinct is right not to give in quickly and let my wife have a premature delivery. The baby knows exactly what she wanted.

I believe my baby will grow up and have an ear for beautiful music that her father likes, not the rowdy kind we hear nowadays. Its only fitting that I name her after a song I always like but waited more than 20 years to own a record of it. The name [name]Joyce[/name] complements the joy that I have in knowing that my instinct to let my wife deliver naturally was right all along. They are both recovering well. Lastly, I maybe boasting but to be honest, [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] is the apple of her father’s eye.

What a wonderful, happy, story! Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile: I wish I had such a wonderful story beind my name. :slight_smile: Your little [name]Amanda[/name] is a very lucky girl, and I’m sure she’ll love her name.

I’m really excited for you! :slight_smile:

Your story is lovely :slight_smile:

Thank you [name]Jill[/name].

You’re welcome! You’ve obviously got one loved little girl. :slight_smile:

Thanks disa_lan

it’s an adorable name, love how amanda is so signifigant to you & how you picked joyce or joy:) go for it!

Thank you all for those who have commented.

I don’t know whether there is any other baby/girl/woman out there with the name [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] but if ever in the future you come across the name somewhere, find out more about her. If it turns out to be a girl from the Fiji Islands, born on 28th Sept 2009, you might as well know that we discussed her name here.

Cheers everyone!!!

I googled the name and it turns out there are others with the same name in other countries. The name of my [name]Amanda[/name] was not googled on the net. I just used the internet to find the meaning of the names.