Baby Name Test Drive

@MargotAbeline thanks so much what a beautiful voice you have, you should narrate children’s stories !! Woah I didn’t realize you pronounce 3 Rs in [name_m]Britain[/name_m]. In the states we say uh-roar-uh, not quite as cumbersome. Then again everything sounds more regal in a British accent :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

@Artemis31thanks so much!! It’s definitely the 3 R’s making it difficult, here is how we say it in the US- (drop the last R)

2 Likes

I second @MargotAbeline 's request of [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and would also add my own request of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]!

1 Like

aww thank you!! i love your accent too, it’s really gentle :heart:

Here is [name_f]Flora[/name_f] :cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

@Aren I was never into [name_f]Flora[/name_f] until the haunting of bly manor either !! Then you see it on a precious little girl and it takes on new beauty!

1 Like

omg you sound like [name_f]Danni[/name_f] when she says [name_f]Flora[/name_f]!! it’s so lovely!!

do u want to hear flora in my accent too?

@MargotAbeline Id love to hear it

1 Like

here’s flora :blush: @JacquelineWinnie

1 Like

@MargotAbeline I love It ! :heart::heart::heart: It’s really grown on me, though it’s a name I probably wouldn’t really use. Is [name_f]Willa[/name_f] unpopular in the UK cause of “willy” ? If you don’t mind, I’d love to hear willa!

1 Like

Here are my recordings!

@rosepip:

@JacquelineWinnie:

@anon25197097:

@MargotAbeline:

And finally, I wanted to ask what others think - which combo(s) flow best when said out loud? (Inspired by @anon25197097 :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

@w8src thank you so much lovely! :heart: :princess:

1 Like

@w8src I think [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] is divine

1 Like

No problem at all!! And thank you!

@w8src it’s truly fun to hear everyone :musical_note::cupid:

1 Like

I agree! It’s incredibly fun!!

i don’t really know! It ranks much higher in the US than in the UK which is unusual because [name_f]Willa[/name_f] gives me a ‘British vibe’ in terms of style. So maybe that does come into play. ‘[name_m]Willy[/name_m]’ is very much a term used by kids so it’s quite possible that people avoid using [name_f]Willa[/name_f] so that there isn’t teasing at school. However, [name_u]Willow[/name_u] is really popular here (in fact i think its more popular here than in the US, in the top 20 i’m sure) and I know quite a few little girls/babies called this. Also [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Will[/name_m] are popular too so maybe it’s just down to people not being familiar with [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. It wouldn’t put me off using [name_f]Willa[/name_f] but I would definitely consider it if I was thinking about it.

here you go^^ @JacquelineWinnie :blush:

2 Likes

@w8src thank you!! i really like [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Harris[/name_m] :blush:

1 Like

Thanks so much @w8src I really like [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]

1 Like

I love [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] & [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Harris[/name_m]!

1 Like