Baby no. 4 is a girl

Hello and thank you for having me.

We’re expecting baby no. 4, after siblings [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Fay[/name_f] and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Davies[/name_m]. Her middle name (for now) is [name_u]Blue[/name_u]. It’s the middle name my husband has been pushing for since our first pregnancy, and this is very likely his last chance to get it in.

The first names we’ve always had and we still carry a torch for are these:

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - [name_f]Felicia[/name_f] is a family name that has been tainted by “bye Felicia”, but [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] feels like a very legitimate way to honor her. This is the only virtue name I like, and my husband loves it.

[name_f]Louella[/name_f]- [name_f]My[/name_f] love and admiration for [name_f]Ella[/name_f] Fitzgerald’s music and career knows no bounds. Like some people collect memorabilia and know everything there is to know about the Beatles or [name_m]Elvis[/name_m], [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is my queen. This is my favorite way to get to her name. We call [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] “Eve”, but I don’t think similar nicknames are as bad as matchy formal names. What do you think.

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]- [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] was almost [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]. We’ve always agreed that this name has a special shine of its own, and are very fond of the nickname Taby.

[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] - This is the other family name on our list. It might be the one that makes the most sense with her sibling’s name too, the thing that holds me back is that I don’t love the nicknames [name_f]Becca[/name_f] or [name_f]Becky[/name_f], which would be inevitable down the road… but maybe something I could learn to live with.

5 Likes

[name_f]Louella[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] would be absolutely stunning. I love it with her siblings’ names.

4 Likes

[name_f]Louella[/name_f] gets my vote!! I am absolutely in love with this name!!

1 Like

I love Felicity and Tabitha for you guys

1 Like

It’s a tie between [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] and [name_f]Louella[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u].

1 Like

I definitely like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] best,when I hear [name_f]Louella[/name_f] , I think of a grandma ,I used to like Rebecca,but it was so dated over the years that I personally just find it a bit plain and boring now

1 Like

[name_f]Louella[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] is perfect for you! :orange_heart: I also think [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] would be a great choice too.

1 Like

I think stylistically Tabitha makes the most sense AND works great with mn Blue.

With your sibset so far I pick up very subtle ties to biblical. With Gideon, Jasper, EVElyn, Davies. Tabitha keeps with the subtlety and Blue balances and rounds it out .

Also IF going with Blue I’d be hesitant with Louella as it seems kind rhymey

2 Likes

Loving [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and Tabitha!!

2 Likes

Louella Blue is my favourite for you! They are all such gorgeous names so you can’t go wrong either way! Welcome to nameberry!

1 Like

[name_f]Louella[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] is just stunning! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is just perfection with your kids’ names! [name_f]Louella[/name_f] is a very, very close second for me though and gets a boost because of your love for [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m] (although I personally adore the nickname Lou). I just don’t think you could go wrong with either of these, and they’re adorable with [name_u]Blue[/name_u] as a middle name.

1 Like

Congratulations!

[name_f]Louella[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] are my top picks for you! I love [name_f]Louella[/name_f] after [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m] (I am also a massive fan!) and I love [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] (and it sits so well with her siblings!)

1 Like

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] sounds the best to me. But I rather like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] as well.

2 Likes

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] or [name_f]Louella[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] “Lulu” would make nice additions

1 Like

I like the repeated sound in [name_f]Louella[/name_f] and [name_u]Blue[/name_u] so [name_f]Louella[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] would get my vote, closely followed by [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u].

1 Like

First of all, I love your naming style. What an incredible sibset!

I love [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] and [name_f]Louella[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u]. Especially fond of the meaning each of those names has for you.

1 Like

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] is gorgeous!

1 Like

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is my favourite, but really like [name_f]Louella[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] are the standouts for me! Both sound great on their own and with your children’s names. They share a familiar-but-uncommon quality to me as well as a sort of je ne sais quoi sparkle. They do sound pretty different from each other, so one might (or might not!) sound noticeably better with your surname.

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to skip this if you don’t want to hear it, but in case it’s useful, the downsides that I perceive with [name_f]Louella[/name_f] and [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] are:

-Louella is bound to be misspelled in a variety of ways. To me it’s also got so many vowels that it feels less grounded than [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], for example. For what it’s worth, if you end up going in that direction anyway, I don’t think [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] are too similar for sisters - they sound totally different.

-Rebecca to me is a very sedate name. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] have a liveliness that (again, to me) [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] lacks. There’s also the slang version of [name_f]Becky[/name_f] that if you live in [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u] (or possibly beyond, I don’t know how universal it is) you should definitely look up before potentially using the name.
If you end up going with [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] anyway, you might like [name_f]Bex[/name_f] or [name_f]Reba[/name_f] as nicknames in place of [name_f]Becky[/name_f] or [name_f]Becca[/name_f].

1 Like