Beatrice or Beatrix and Why?

I’m so torn between the strong ending and edgy vibes from Beatrix and the soft sweet ending of Beatrice. To me they feel so different. On the cons side I have seen people post about the trix ending and mentioning the term to “turn tricks” but with Beatrice I have met someone who pronounced their name Buh-trees which was horrific to me instead of (what I think) would be the common pronunciation Bee-uh-triss. Any comments on the Whys between these two spellings or any general impressions would be appreciated. I do have an ancestor named Beatrice a ways back so that would be a pro for that. And of course Beatrix Potter for the other.

• Beatrix
  • Beatrice

0 voters

Ngl, both names are too frumpy for me, but [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], with the snappy X ending, is significantly less so. I would much rather wear the name [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] than [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

3 Likes

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] just has more sass and spark for me

3 Likes

I personally prefer the punchy-ness of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. She has the charm of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and the sweet nn [name_f]Bea[/name_f], but with the X it feels more fresh and exciting!

2 Likes

I like both names, but I think I would choose [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] simply because while I like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], I strongly dislike [name_f]Trixie[/name_f].

2 Likes

I’m [name_f]Beatriz[/name_f] so I voted [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. I go by [name_f]Bee[/name_f] and I love my name!

3 Likes

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]- the only reason is even when I read [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] I want to say [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] because I like saying it so darn much! It’s edgy and fun to say. And I for one am here for the [name_m]Peter[/name_m] Rabbit reference.

2 Likes

Beatrice! It is soft and sweet, whereas Beatrix is sharp and harsh.

2 Likes

This is my concern. I strongly dislike [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] too

I think I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] on paper but in practical use I love saying the soft triss on the end of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

2 Likes

I prefer the grace and gentleness of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. Not much of fan of the very sharp, witchy-feeling [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].

1 Like

Still a tough choice. But I think I’m starting to prefer [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] as a FN but I really love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] as a middle for [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]. Ex.

[name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

[name_u]Or[/name_u]

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] by a mile - I adore its soft beauty :heart: [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is a little on the nose predictably edgy-trendy atm imo.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

You’re totally right. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] feels more spunky & edgy whereas [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is quiet & sweet. But then again…I don’t see [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] as spunky & edgy. She wrote adorable children’s stories. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if [name_m]Peter[/name_m] Rabbit was sort of an imp. :grin: I digress…I prefer [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. It’s my dog’s middle name, so I may be biased…Her name is [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband wanted to name her [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], but she was too stoic to be a [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. Anyway, I think that [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is still more interesting. It’s way less common, oddly. In the U.S. anyway, [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] was 565 in 2021. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] wasn’t even in the top 1,000. And if you have a cheeky little babe, you can do the nn [name_f]Trixie[/name_f]. I like the nns [name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_f]Bess[/name_f] & [name_f]Bette[/name_f] too which work for either.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] my rambling helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the spunky sharpness of the X with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]! I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] but not massively keen on [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is very graceful but just not my first choice.

2 Likes

It did actually! Thank you

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is so much sassier which is definitely something I prefer in a name. I also vastly prefer its various nicknames (Bex, etc) compared to [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is a name that can be so versatile. Yes it feels sparkier and edgier, but it also feels more soft and feminine to me, compared to the clunky [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] feels like it would be a fun name to have! :honeybee:

1 Like

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] feels a little like it’s trying too hard.

1 Like

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] sounds a bit more exciting in sound and writing to me. However, if you want another positive and regal vibe to the name, [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] was an actual [name_f]Queen[/name_f] (as in royal family) up until a few years ago in Europe.
I personally prefer [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], I dislike the sound and the spelling of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] or another form of the name. But that’s my personal preference.

2 Likes