Beatrice or Beatrix?

Hi berries!

I’ve noticed a lot of conversation on here about [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. People seem to have very different opinions about these two names despite the fact that they’re pretty similar. I personally like [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] but am not a fan of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].

So which do you prefer, [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]?

• Beatrice
  • Beatrix
  • Both
  • Neither
  • Unbiased

0 voters

TIA :slight_smile:

Beatrix is spunky and cool to me. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] reminds me of beat rice, sadly.

4 Likes

I’m going with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] but I also like [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

2 Likes

I like the classic feel of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beatrix has much more sass and strength to me. It’s old fashioned but feels feisty and playful, with the storybook vibe to add just enough sweetness too. Also great nickname potential! [name_f]Bea[/name_f]/Bee, [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

Beatrice is pretty and classic but a bit too soft and lacy and proper for my personal taste. I can, however, understand why it’s more popular IRL — I think [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]’s spikier sounds can be a bit divisive. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] blends in perfectly with popular (in the UK) vintage names like [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], which feel sweeter and quieter and more delicate.

9 Likes

Everything @katinka said. The quirk, freshness and sass of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] are just so appealing to me.

2 Likes

I love the vibe [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] gives - it’s feminine and strong and uniquely pretty. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] has more of an elegant vintage feel. Neither choice is bad, just different.

Beatrice looks like “beat rice” to me.

Beatrix I can’t see pronouncing the A (if you do) & would probably be confused for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. :confused:

Beatrice gives me more elegant, regal vibes whereas [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is sparky and lively. I personally prefer [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] but both are lovely

Beatrix for me for sure! I like that you could use either [name_f]Bea[/name_f] or [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] as a nickname so it’s more flexible and I love the [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] connection, plus I just like the sound of it better than [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]!

I used to be team [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] because I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], but the pronunciation irl is actually difficult for me. I speak [name_f]English[/name_f] and can obviously say it :sweat_smile: but it comes out kind of clunky and awkward. I like the smoothness of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and the more classic sound.

4 Likes

Beatrix really makes me think of the sugary cereal and of playing a trick on someone… it’s just ok. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is much more lovely. I think the [name_u]Beat[/name_u]-rice thing is actually fun and it reminds me of the [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] kids book.

2 Likes

Beatrice for me ! [name_f]My[/name_f] great grandmother changed her name to this as it sounded more regal in hopes to be adopted when she moved to [name_f]Canada[/name_f] . It was such a special name to her that it has all sorts of sentimental meaning to me

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]! I can appreciate [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] as well, but I like the smoother -tris ending. The only nickname I like for either is [name_f]Bea[/name_f], and I had a great-great-aunt [name_f]Bea[/name_f] who was definitely a spunky old woman. She carried [name_f]Bea[/name_f]/Beatrice very well!

4 Likes

I like [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] fine; I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] for all the reasons @katinka mentioned, but I think [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is beautiful too!

2 Likes

I know it’s not an option but my favorite is [name_f]Beatriz[/name_f]! Has the same soft sound as [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] but a similar spunk as [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. Though if I had to choose between the second two…I slightly prefer [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] because of the nn Triss!

4 Likes

Hi there.

I really like both. It’s amazing what one little letter can do though. Both [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] & [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] are smart & vintage. But [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] really does seem spunkier w/that ‘x’. And [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] seems more thoughtful & bookish. Both lovely qualities!

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. It’s a lovely name. I really really dislike [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

2 Likes

I was actually going to mention this one too! But I couldn’t figure out how to include it in the poll with making it too complicated lol It’s a family name on my husband’s side and it’s SUCH an underrated option! I also think it’s the perfect balance [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].

1 Like