Beckett 🐝

Thoughts? I think it’s so handsome and has an air of sophistication about it.

4 Likes

I love [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]. It has a fresh yet classic feel - sharp and strong without being over the top. And isn’t the name meaning just the cutest!

1 Like

absolutely love it!

2 Likes

I’m really sorry, all I think is “peck it”. :confused:

1 Like

It’s really handsome! I especially love the nn [name_u]Beck[/name_u].

3 Likes

I think it’s both sweet for a little boy and handsome for a grown man, with a lot of interesting literary/historical references. And [name_u]Beck[/name_u] for short is cute!

1 Like

I really want to love this name. I like the meaning. I like the nicknames [name_u]Beck[/name_u] and [name_u]Kit[/name_u] so much. Something about it just seems very modern to me and that keeps me from adding it to my own list. I still think it’s super cute though. :blush:

1 Like

Beckett is super cute! Nns [name_u]Beck[/name_u] and [name_u]Kit[/name_u] are adorable.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]! It’s sweet and lovable, balanced with a crisp, fresh sound. I know a little B3ckett “K1t” and I think that’s just perfect :heart_eyes: And the meaning is wonderful, of course.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]! It’s a nice mix of more modern and still sophisticated, and both [name_u]Beck[/name_u] and [name_u]Kit[/name_u] are marvellous nicknames. It’s actually on my list as an “honour” for [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Beckett[/name_u], the great Irish writer!

3 Likes

I love [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]! I agree to PPs that [name_u]Beck[/name_u] and [name_u]Kit[/name_u] are both amazing nicknames!

1 Like

Beckett has totally been growing on me recently! I added it to my list about 3 weeks ago but I’ve been thinking about it tons! Totally love it!

1 Like

I love it! Super fun and love the nickname [name_u]Beck[/name_u]!

1 Like

It’s interesting that some of you find this a modern name because to me it feels like it could be from the [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] era. It has a bit of a regency vibe about it and of course [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] too.

2 Likes

It definitely has a modern feel to me also

1 Like

Are we talking like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]/ [name_u]Everett[/name_u] /Elio those kind of modern vibe of names? As they are names that strike me as modern.

Yes, I consider it almost the exact style of [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] (although those feel slightly more vintage to me, actually)

2 Likes

Interesting thanks. I’d say all these names feel like the same too but [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] to me feels more like it could be vintage rather than [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]

1 Like

While [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], and [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] have all existed for a very long time, [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] have long history as first names, while [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] was mostly used as a surname until recently. I think this is why [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] feel more vintage, but none of them are “made up” or modern names in my opinion.

4 Likes

It is a bit weird because I guess there’s no reason [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] should feel more modern. Maybe it’s because it reminds me of [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] a bit.
I agree with @Kipperbo1 that it’s probably because it’s recently caught on big as a first name.
I’ve been hearing a few little Becketts and Barretts in my neighborhood so it is starting to feel trendy to me just because I never heard it as a first name before.

It does give me the same vibe as [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] (which are both nice too). They also feel new to me even though they aren’t.

This probably really depends on where you live too. I do see how it could have a [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] vibe though. :blush:

3 Likes