Bindi is having a baby!

Bindi [name_m]Irwin[/name_m] just announced that she and her husband [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] are expecting their first child! I am so excited to see their choice. With [name_f]Bindi[/name_f]’s unusual name, [name_u]Chandler[/name_u]’s unisex name, their love for their job and [name_f]Bindi[/name_f] naming so many animals at the zoo I am really interested to see what they pick. I am not usually a fan of nicknames as given names but for them I think a (maybe unisex?) nickname of a traditional name would work well. I don’t think she will use an animal name as a given name although she is called [name_f]Bee[/name_f] by her family so maybe somthing like [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] ?
What do y’all think?

7 Likes

I’m so happy for them!

I’m hoping they honor [name_m]Steve[/name_m] in some way. [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] for a girls first name or maybe using [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] has a middle name.

4 Likes

Yay that is sooo exciting for her, I think if it is a girl it should be named [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] and if a boy something to do with animals and [name_m]Steve[/name_m] as the middle name!

2 Likes

Ok i know this isn’t gonna happen but [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] [name_f]Koala[/name_f] would be so cute :koala:

[name_u]Stevie[/name_u] with a meaningful nature middle fpr a girl and either a boys name with an animal meaning or an animal name for a boy with the middle [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] would be perfect

3 Likes

I would love to see them with a little [name_m]Steve[/name_m] or [name_u]Stevie[/name_u].

1 Like

I just saw the announcement today. [name_m]How[/name_m] exciting! [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] for either boy or girl would be adorable.

OMG [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] [name_f]Koala[/name_f]!!! Perfect!

I would be very surprised if they didn’t honour [name_m]Steve[/name_m] in some way, shape, or form!

1 Like

If it isn’t [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] [name_f]Koala[/name_f] :koala: we should start a petition! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it @thenameprincess.

3 Likes

it’s official… it’s a GIRL!! i’m so excited to see what they name her!!

i thought for a boy they would more than likely put [name_m]Steve[/name_m] as a middle name, and i just get this feeling that it won’t be [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] for a girl - i’m not sure they will honour him this time or try and hold off for a boy… it’s interesting but just a feeling i have

3 Likes

i also wonder if they will go animal or nature themed or none at all!! i think it would be cute and can definitely see [name_u]Rue[/name_u], [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], [name_f]Tori[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] being used as a first name

1 Like

It’s gonna be a girl!

1 Like

I agree actually, as much as [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] [name_f]Koala[/name_f] is darling I have a feeling they might lean towards a name they really like that they have used on a treasured animal of theirs or a name with an animal meaning. Maybe they will name her after [name_m]Steve[/name_m]’s favorite crocodile or another animal that meant a lot to both bindi and steve.

1 Like

Although she DID have a [name_f]Koala[/name_f] in the announcement pic… i’m just saying… lolol :rofl:

1 Like

Bindi and [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] recently announced they are naming their daughter, [name_f]Bunny[/name_f]. After a grandmother figure they knew growing up in the neighborhood…and of course due to the animal connection. Thats why her nursery has bunnies in it.

3 Likes

Wow [name_f]Bunny[/name_f]?! Iam surprised but I actually like it. I think it’s a sweet choice.

Edit
I make a quick search and from what I read Bunny is the name the grandmother will be called not the baby if I understand.

4 Likes

I looked into it as well. Grandma [name_f]Terri[/name_f] [name_m]Irwin[/name_m] will be called [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] and [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Irwin[/name_m] will be called Funcle according to the article I ran across. Also, they are looking for name inspiration from both sides of the family, but won’t be choosing until they meet their daughter. The baby’s nickname is Baby Wildlife Warrior in honour of Grandpa [name_m]Steve[/name_m] [name_m]Irwin[/name_m].

Source: 1

1 Like

Ohhh ok! Sorry, apparently I got too excited and forgot how to read properly or do research on it :sweat_smile:

That’s still cute for [name_f]Terri[/name_f]!
Thanks for clarifying… now I’ll just wait for their actual announcement hahah

3 Likes

oh my gosh [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] is an adorable name especially considering her family legacy :heart_eyes: I wonder if it’ll be a nickname or her given name, I cannot wait till the announcement

My guess would have been [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] or [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]. Like [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks.

2 Likes