Cassia: your thoughts?

Recently I’ve come across the name [name]Cassia[/name]. I met a baby girl in the baby boutique I work in; she was from Spain and her name was [name]Cassia[/name]. I thought it was just beautiful, and researched the name some more after that.

I love how it means cinnamon, and to me it sounds like a princess name. But my mom says it sounds too much like “casa”, or “home” in Spanish.

What do you think of [name]Cassia[/name] with the nickname [name]Cassie[/name] (which I adore)?
[name]Honesty[/name] please!

I really like [name]Cassia[/name]. It’s more substantial than just [name]Cass[/name], and the -ia ending makes it girly. It also sounds a little exotic, which helps to make it appealing.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cassia[/name] and nn [name]Cassie[/name]! :slight_smile: It’s like [name]Cassiopeia[/name], but in shorter form and sweeter.

I think it is very pretty and a nice alternative to [name]Cassandra[/name].

I love [name]Cassia[/name]!! Too bad there is a [name]Cassidy[/name] in my extended family or I would put it on my name list!!

I love [name]Cassia[/name] soooooo much!

[name]Love[/name] it. Are you pronouncing it cass-ee-ah or cah-sha? I’m always curious.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Cassia[/name]!!!
Great as [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Joy[/name], [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Louise[/name].
A cool twin name with [name]Hannah[/name]!!!1

i really like cassia. :slight_smile:

Cristinamariane, I’m pronouncing it as cass-ee-ah :). [name]How[/name] do you all pronounce it?

Thanks for the feedback so far :)!

A woman I work with has a daughter called [name]Cassia[/name], who’s 12, and i think its really beautiful! she’s a tall, happy, enthusiastic girl and it really suits her :slight_smile:

Beautiful name.

I love [name]Cassia[/name], but I have some issues with pronunciation… I’ve never been sure if it’s said [name]CASS[/name]-ee-uh or [name]CASH[/name]-uh. I’ve heard both.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cassia[/name]! [name]One[/name] of my few early favorites that still manages to stay on the list! I personally love both pronunciations. When I first saw the name years ago, I pronounced it [name]CASS[/name]-ee-uh, but nowadays, I find myself saying [name]CASH[/name]-uh. [name]Both[/name] pronunciations are lovely.

I think it’s pretty pronounced either way, but I think I would think and say Cah-sha first. [name]Lovely[/name] name!

I say [name]Cass[/name]-ee-uh. I don’t care for [name]Cash[/name]-uh at all. I love [name]Cassia[/name], with the nickname [name]Cassie[/name]. It was on my list as [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Lynae for a while.

I agree with so many of the others–I love it! Although I say it [name]CASH[/name]-ah, much like [name]Cassius[/name] is [name]CASH[/name]-us. [name]Cass[/name]-ee-ah is cute, too, though. I had seriously considered [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Cassia[/name] when [name]Eleanor[/name] was still a FN on my list.

I love the name [name]Cassia[/name] and I pronounce it [name]Cass[/name]-ee-ah as well. I currently have it picked out for a 2nd daughter if we have one. I wouldn’t worry about the similarity to casa. My husband and I took the name [name]Mira[/name] off our list because it means “look” in Spanish, but we aren’t worried about [name]Cassia[/name]'s similarity to casa. For us this is actually important because my family is from Mexico and we want our children to be bilingual. I love the name because it is easily pronounceable in English and Spanish and it does sound princessy!

I like [name]Cass[/name]-ee-ah, but not [name]Cash[/name]-ah. Unfortunately the only [name]Cassia[/name]'s I’ve met pronounced it [name]Cash[/name]-ah.

It isn’t bad.