Christine renames you

If you have enough time, I would love a feminine name. This is the same description I put for Sappho’s

a bit about me

I am a student at a small liberal arts college in the middle of nowhere. My goal is to pursue a doctoral degree in the biomedical sciences and I pipette in my sleep. Also I’ve declared a minor in Russian literature for the vibes. I have honey brown hair in a bob cut, green blue eyes, and glasses. I have a penchant for sweaters, floral dresses, and lip stain. My sun sign is Leo and my Myers Briggs is ESTJ.

Thanks for doing this!

Looking for a girl name ( but gender neutral works too.)

I have straight shoulder-length dirty blonde hair and bluish-grey eyes. I enjoy spending my time: outdoors, drawing, listening to music (folk music is my favorite), and relaxing at home. I am a science nerd pursuing a degree in nursing.

(Copied from another thread)

this is so cool! if you have time, i would like to see what you would name me! i would like a feminine name please!!

me!

i am tall with long wavy hair that is naturally very blonde! i am pretty slim due to my love of working out and being active. my eyes are blue, but a darker shade. my style of clothing isn’t the best but sometimes i pull together something decent. i would like to say i’m outgoing and care about others feelings. i love music, especially harry styles!

@shells15, I would rename you Elsa Rose Vanamo.

explanation

You are one of the most conscientious and thoughtful people I know, and I wanted to reflect that in this name and choose something elegant like you. I think Elsa suits you so well and I know you like the name, and it reminds me of your username shells15. Rose is classic with a nature connection, and Vanamo is a modern Finnish name meaning “twinflower” that I thought you might appreciate – it also contains a nod to the name Ann, Vanamo, for our shared love of honor names.

@rosepip, I would rename you Isabella Sigal Kassiani.

explanation

I’ve always thought you would make an excellent Isabella. To me Isabella is elegant, driven, and a little dramatic, like ringing bells in a cathedral. And when I first saw your picture, I thought you looked a lot like Geraldine Fitzgerald in Wuthering Heights, where she plays an Isabella.
Sigal is a Hebrew name meaning “violet.” I chose it as a nod to part of your heritage and because violets are a symbol of sapphic love.
The composer Kassiani (or Kassia) is one of my favorite historical figures: Kassia - Wikipedia She was clever and intelligent and very musically talented, and composed the hymn of Kassiani (choral music!!) all of which remind me of you!

@birdbrain, I would name you Claude Starling.

explanation

Claude is my favorite gender neutral name. To me it is very reminiscent of Anna Karina and French pop culture in the 1960s, and it has a musical connection with Claude Debussy and Claude Francois. I adore the name Merle Francis and I thought Claude was a decent style match for Merle. I really do think you would make an excellent Claude.
Starling is after the bird, because of your username and Merle’s meaning!

@Johannaa, I would name you Alma Roos Antonia.

explanation

I tried to find three names with Dutch usage, but I don’t know their connotations in Dutch language, so I apologize if any of these are too juvenile or too dated for your taste!
Alma is sweet and soulful to me, and you seem like the textbook definition of an old soul.
I included the nature name Roos as a nod to your love of nature. I also love its classic vibe and its gentle strength.
Antonia is the literary name in this combo, after My Antonia, for your love of reading and writing.

@AngieM, I would name you Eden Yael.

explanation

Eden brings to mind the Garden of Eden and an outdoor, tranquil paradise, which ties to your love of calm forests! Yael is pronounced yah-EL and means “mountain goat” after one of your favorite songs.

3 Likes

@acajou [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Vanamo is absolutely beautiful and suits me well. Thank you.

notes

[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] → You’re right, I do love it. I hadn’t thought of it being an extension of my username, but now that you bring it up I can certainly see it.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] → The nature connection is perfect. And a bonus, the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] was my Papa’s favorite flower, a favorite I share!

Vanamo → I hadn’t heard this one before, but I love it. Twinflower is a perfect meaning, for more than one reason, including it being significant to my birth sign. The addition of [name_f]Ann[/name_f] in there is amazing. [name_m]Just[/name_m] to check, but how do you pronounce the name?

1 Like

christine :sob: it’s perfect

1 Like

Oh, that’s a lovely name! I love the sound of [name_u]Claude[/name_u] [name_u]Starling[/name_u]. Thank you so much <3

1 Like

sounds fun!!

description

i’m pale, tall for my age, and i have dark brown hair & hazel eyes. my hair is short and curly/wavy. i love writing, drawing, reading, and volunteering and i plan on being a therapist or a history teacher (most likely a therapist). my favorite music genres are alt pop and bedroom pop, but i also really like rap. i consider myself caring, creative, and an ambivert. honestly i dress like a gay uncle so do with that what you will

i’d like the name to be masculine, but neutral leaning masculine is cool too!!

If you have time, I’d love to be renamed (feminine or gender-neutral, one or two middles)!

Description

I am 14, 5"5, Capricorn, ENTJ/INTJ depending on the day, Australian school student with Polish heritage. I am thin with blue eyes, glasses and shoulder-length wavy golden hair. I have a full academic scholarship to a pretty exclusive private school, and I debate, swim and row. I would love to become a data analyst or sports scientist. I listen to more mainstream kind of indie music - I love cavetown, the neighbourhood, clairo etc. I also love to read and my favourite colour is navy blue.

I’d like a neutral or feminine name. One middle name is alright!

some things about me
  • I love emo, punk, and folk music
  • I have Irish, Scottish, and [name_f]English[/name_f] heritage
  • 5’8” with no understanding of the metric system
  • I’m bisexual and genderfluid
  • I love nature, but hate being forced to go outside

i’d like a female name, with one or two middles, choose based on :sparkles: vibes :sparkles:

about me !!

physical appearance
i have medium brown, wavy hair that i keep down, in two braids, or in a low bun.
i have blue-grey eyes and wear dark grey glasses
i’m five feet and three inches tall, and most of my friends are taller than me.
i have proportionately long legs
i’m pretty pale, but i do get tan-ish in the summertime

personality
i’m super quiet irl until i’m close with someone, then i talk a moderate amount
i overthink pretty much everything, and am super anxious + easily embarrassed
i’ve been called endearing and kind, though i don’t know if i agree

things i like
i love history, and would happily wear old clothes (from at least a hundred years ago) if i had about a hundred times more confidence.
my favourite colour to wear is maroon
i enjoy biking on trails, though i’ve only done it a few times, and rollerblading

Thank you so much! [name_f]Alma[/name_f] [name_f]Roos[/name_f] [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] is wondeful and I feel like it would fit me quite well!

1 Like

This is so sweet! I’d love a feminine name, and I don’t really mind about the middles, whatever you think fits best!

description about me :))

To get the physical stuff out of the way, I’m around 5’2, with brown hair, sort of pale skin, freckles and greeny-blue eyes!

I tend to be happiest when I’m outside doing something. I love things like running, camping, hiking, or swimming in rivers! Im a pretty imaginative thinker when it comes to daydreams or creative stories like fairytales, but not when it comes to essays! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite subjects at school are humanities and [name_m]German[/name_m], and I particularly like the economics part of humanities. When I’m older I want to be a humanitarian

I’m a sentimental person I’d say, I love to keep my memories in ‘3d’ style as I would say! I keep a box full of photos, birthday cards, and clothing that meant a lot to me. I love to collect coins as well.

Uhh, I’m a [name_m]Taurus[/name_m]? And I’d say I’m a pretty good one, lol :sweat_smile: I do have a tendency to be materialistic, I know what I like and what I don’t, I’m pretty ambitious, and I don’t shy away from any hard work! …I am admittedly also a bit of a foodie!

I like watching all kinds of movies, but Bollywood movies have a pretty special place in my heart.

I also recently got into flower pressing! I hope that’s enough :heart:

Loving these threads! I’d prefer a female name (although unisex is okay too) :blush:

Description

I’m 21, light brown hair, blue/green/grey eyes, average height & average-ish build, v shy & quiet, but if I vibe with you I will open up (probably too much), a perfectionist (to the point it stops me from doing a lot of things), overly emotional/sensitive, highly intuitive, v active imagination, v particular/picky, I like personality theories, naturopathy, learning about physiological birth/postpartum, psychoanalysing people/characters, cats, classic lit, live theatre/musicals, watching tv, dream job is housewife/SAHM

Personality types, if these mean anything to you:
INFP (MBTI) 4w5 (enneagram) 461 (tritype) sx/so (instinctual variant) melancholic-choleric (four temperaments) blue (color code)

These are so lovely! You can do me, if you have the time!

me

I’d love a feminine name–or even gender-neutral! I’m short, have brown-ish hair, green eyes. I wear glasses. I love reading, writing, singing, and names. [name_f]My[/name_f] dream job would be a therapist, college professor, or something that has to do with psychology in general. I feel like studying abroad would be really fun. I usually wear jeans and sweaters, and love the color green.

I’m an [name_m]Aquarius[/name_m] and ENTP, if that means anything.

Thank you so much, [name_f]Christine[/name_f]!

@elanorelle, I would name you [name_f]Nathalie[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f].

explanation

You are a very elegant person and I wanted to reflect that quality in this name. [name_f]Nathalie[/name_f], with its “Christmas” meaning, reminds me of War and [name_u]Peace[/name_u], imperial Russian winters, [name_m]Black[/name_m] [name_u]Swan[/name_u], and [name_f]Tippi[/name_f] Hedren (her birth name!) and it lends to the nickname [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] which I know you mentioned is a name that fits you well. I also felt that while [name_f]Nathalie[/name_f] suits you, [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] (with same pronunciation) doesn’t as much!

[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] is a variant of [name_u]Marie[/name_u], which ties into The Nutcracker – and a nod to your love of the name [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! I also thought you would appreciate the Sense and Sensibility connection.

@katkabet, I would name you [name_f]Yeva[/name_f] [name_u]Lior[/name_u].

explanation

I chose this name primarily for its meanings “life” and “light.” You are the embodiment of life and light and I know that “light” especially is something you appreciate in name meanings. [name_f]Yeva[/name_f] I cannot explain beyond the fact that you look so much like a [name_f]Yeva[/name_f] to me! It’s a little more grounded than [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and reminds me of pearls, golden bangles, and aprons with sunflowers (and maybe Ievan polkka too :grin:).

The combo is very yellow to me, maybe because the sounds of “yellow” are all there!

@EleanorVintage, I would name you [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f].

explanation

I don’t know if [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is your name, but you seem so much like an [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] to me and I don’t think I could find a name that fits better! I really loved reading your description and you seem like such an interesting and introspective person who could pull off just about any name with grace. I wanted something that could work in [name_f]English[/name_f] and [name_u]French[/name_u] and that feels rose-toned, elegant and girly, and I seriously considered [name_u]Jeanne[/name_u] (with [name_u]French[/name_u] pronunciation) and [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but ended up choosing [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] for its light elegance. [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] is the ultimate rose-toned name and includes a subtle ballet reference with [name_u]Marie[/name_u] (The Nutcracker)

@planetnames, I would name you [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] Itxaro.

explanation

[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] is an old soul, introspective sort of name to me, and it fits your physical description perfectly. I think of warm, neutral colors like the ones in your profile picture, and the “light academia” aesthetic. I think it fits best with the “nah-oh-mee” pronunciation. And the meaning “pleasantness” combined with Itxaro “hope” feels perfect for an optimist with your mindset.

Itxaro I chose primarily for its meaning, but it’s also a very cool name to me with the -o ending and the Basque origin. You seem like an incredibly cool person with your sense of aesthetics, and I think of you as quite the trendsetter with your name taste! It seems like names you start talking about quickly catch on with the rest of us.

I really wanted [name_f]Inès[/name_f] for you, but I tried to avoid it because it is in your user card! I chose the two names that made me most think of [name_f]Inès[/name_f] and all of the qualities (old soul, elegant, optimist, effortlessly cool) that it embodies.

@hannahhh, I would name you Agnès [name_f]Marsaili[/name_f] [name_f]April[/name_f].

explanation

You are such an Agnès (ah-nyehs) to me! Your kind nature, your “grandma” clothing style, your screenwriter aspirations (reminds me of filmmaker Agnès Varda!), and your [name_u]French[/name_u] study made me immediately think of this name. I also love that you could still go by [name_f]Annie[/name_f].

[name_f]Marsaili[/name_f] is a subtle [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] reference (form of Marjorie). I wanted to include at least one Scottish name, but I also have little knowledge of Scottish names so I hope this one isn’t horribly dated!

[name_f]April[/name_f] is (of course) for [name_f]April[/name_f] Ludgate in [name_m]Parks[/name_m] and Rec!

3 Likes

oh wow I love it! thank you for putting so much thought into that :yellow_heart:

1 Like

@acajou [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] is absolutely beautiful! You clearly put so much time and thought into each name and I just love how you spelt [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] as it’s my favourite spelling of the name! :rose: Thank you so so much :two_hearts: PS: [name_f]My[/name_f] real name is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This sounds so fun. If you have time, I’m looking for a girls name.

Summary

I have straight waist-length black hair and brown eyes. I’m quite skinny and short. I originate from Sri Lanka but I’ve lived in Australia for my whole life. I’m only 13.
I enjoy reading, writing, and researching. [name_f]My[/name_f] dream job is to be either an emergency doctor or a pediatrician. I’m very quiet and shy at first, but when I get to know someone well, I’m a completely different person: opinionated and confident.
I’m definitely a cat person! I love them :two_hearts:
I get jealous really easily, which is something that I’m trying to work on.

Perfection! With everything you said and all the references, I think you nailed it. Thank you! :blush:

1 Like