Clashing?

Still agonising over twins names. I feel sure it will be two girls though we aren’t positive.
A name I’m set on is [name]Penelope[/name] and I really love [name]Genevieve[/name] but I’m worried that they clash. [name]Penelope[/name] sounds so floaty and beautiful and then [name]Genevieve[/name] sounds sassy and sharp.
Nicknames would be [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Evie[/name]/[name]Vivi[/name]/[name]Gigi[/name] and they sound so bad together to me!
What do you guys think? Is it just me?

Not concerned about [name]Genevieve[/name]'s popularity because it isn’t at all where I live (Brisbane, QLD), I don’t know any actually.

Another name I love is [name]Fiona[/name] but it seems too simple against [name]Penelope[/name].

Argh! Is it normal to be this frustrated and stuck? Names used to seem so fun but now I have to choose them I CAN’T!

If there is a boy (which I am doubting), it will be [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] or [name]Fynn[/name].

Thanks in advance for any help!

It might be just you. I hope others weigh in to confirm, but I think all those names totally go. I personally think the other way around, more that [name]Genevieve[/name] is floaty and pretty and [name]Penelope[/name] is the slightly spunkier and energetic of the two. However, they are close. As for nicknames, just don’t, PLEASE [name]DON[/name]'T, call them [name]Penny[/name] and [name]Genny[/name]! [name]Fiona[/name] goes with either. To me, that’s not a simple name, it still evokes something more exotic in a name. Then there, no [name]Fifi[/name] and [name]Vivi[/name] (for [name]Genevieve[/name]), but I think it’s all pretty safely compatible.

The boys names also, [name]Fynn[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. I think they are all ok. I think so! [name]Hope[/name] that’s the right answer per the more experts at this. :slight_smile:

First of all Congrads! 2 little girls are such a blessing. I really like the name [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] together. Another thing to remember is that you really don’t want there names to seem too close together because since they will be twins you want them to have some individuality. But they do go nicely together. Also I really don’t think that [name]Fiona[/name] goes very good with [name]Penelope/name. If there is a boy I think that [name]Noah[/name] goes really well with [name]Penelope[/name]!

Thanks in advance for any help! You are so welcome!

I think that [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] sound great together. They are different, but they both are lots of fun. One is Greek and the other sounds very French. That’s okay. I agree that [name]Penny[/name] and [name]Genny[/name] are horrifying together, but I know you wouldn’t do that. I also love [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name]. They are more similar with all the vowel sounds.

If you want an option, I think [name]Cecily[/name] would go well with either name.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] together the most, but I also love [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. I don’t know if I like [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] together - have to think about it.

I think your choices are wonderful because the twins could develop different personalities…are they identical?

I am actually naming my baby boy, [name]Noah[/name] [name]Michael[/name]! [name]Love[/name] that name!!!

Thank you all!!

I hadn’t even thought of the [name]Penny[/name]/[name]Genny[/name] thing, that’s horrible! I wouldn’t use either of those as nn’s tho so I think were safe!

[name]Susan[/name], [name]Cecily[/name] is so cute. I think I need to wait to see the babies to decide and I will definetly keep that in mind.

I feel so much more reassured though and [name]Ali[/name] mentioned that being twins it will be good to have the individuality in their names, that’s so true.

Thank you thank you thank you!!
I’ll let you know what I decide when they’re born (very soon)

No they are fraternal, what you said is so true, I would hate to burden them with matchy names!

[name]Noah[/name] [name]Micheal[/name] is gorgeous, I just love love love [name]Noah[/name].

Thank you [name]Karen[/name], I will steer right away from matching nicknames!
I don’t [name]LOVE[/name] the boys names but I doubt we’ll have to use them.

I can just see my husband calling them [name]Penny[/name] and [name]Genny[/name]… I will insist on [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Evie[/name]/[name]Vivi[/name]

Thank you [name]Karen[/name], I will steer right away from matching nicknames!
I don’t [name]LOVE[/name] the boys names but I doubt we’ll have to use them.

I can just see my husband calling them [name]Penny[/name] and [name]Genny[/name]… I will insist on [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Evie[/name]/[name]Vivi[/name]

Oh, [name]Josie[/name], I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] together! I think it’s an amazing pair of names for twins! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

They are beautiful together and love [name]Poppy[/name] & [name]Evie[/name] as nicknames so cute!
Great choices :slight_smile:

names don’t have to match I don’t think it matters personally if you are really set on the 2 names go with it then.

Thank you [name]Jill[/name]!! I’m very glad I have your blessing! :smiley:

Thanks everyone!!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: I honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard such a gorgeous pairing! [name]Genevieve[/name] has always been one of my all-time favorites, and [name]Penelope[/name] has become one of my new favorites, thanks to seeing it on Nameberry. And [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Evie[/name]? I think it’s beyond adorable! [name]Do[/name] you have middle names for the babies?

Continued good wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] are both beautiful, and they go well together - they’re both long and classic.
[name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Evie[/name] - I love these nicknames! They have the same sort of feel to them, and both end in an ‘ee’ sound without being matchy-matchy.
[name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Gigi[/name] - love this too. They both have a feminine and traditional feel to them.
I think you’re right about [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] not going brilliantly, so if I were you I’d stick to [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] (perhaps [name]Fiona[/name] as a mn?).

I absolutely adore both names, and adore them together! I also love the nn [name]Poppy[/name]!

I like the names as well. On the “[name]Penny[/name] and [name]Genny[/name]” note - you may not be able to control what OTHER people nn your kids, if you know what I mean. There may be some relative or friend who insists on calling them that. But probably when they hear you calling them [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Evie[/name] they’ll be so impressed with how adorable it is that they’ll immediately follow. :wink: Good luck!

That is what my mum told me today!! I just hope that the girls will not let people them call them [name]Penny[/name] or [name]Genny[/name] but I know I can’t control what they do!
Although I’m [name]Josephine[/name] and many people have tried to call me [name]Jo[/name] but I have always insisted on [name]Josie[/name] so hopefully they won’t put up with it either!
I’m pretty set on the names, I’m just going to have to keep my fingers crossed that no one will try [name]Penny[/name]/[name]Genny[/name]. Thanks for your opinion :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: I honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard such a gorgeous pairing! [name]Genevieve[/name] has always been one of my all-time favorites, and [name]Penelope[/name] has become one of my new favorites, thanks to seeing it on Nameberry. And [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Evie[/name]? I think it’s beyond adorable! [name]Do[/name] you have middle names for the babies?

Continued good wishes to you! :-)[/quote]

Thank you, I also wasn’t a fan of [name]Penelope[/name] until I met nameberry but now I think it’s so gorgeous! I can’t tell you how relieved I am all you amazing women approve, names have been so much more stressful then I anticipated.
But now I think I am absolutely set on the first names and as for middles I would like to use family names. In light of that I am thinking

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
What do you think?

I will let you know my final decision VERY soon, they are due anytime now…

[name]Hi[/name],
I am new to this site and was just surfing when I noticed your post. I just had to reply as I think we have v similar taste in girl’s names.
I have a [name]Cecily[/name] (as well as two others) and [name]Penelope[/name] was another name we seriously considered for her. It would be on the list again if we had another girl as I love it! [name]Genevieve[/name] was another name that we discussed but I also noticed your combo with [name]Iris[/name]. My top choice for [name]Cecily[/name] was [name]Iris[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] but unfortunately by hubbie didn’t like iris at all!
Good luck! They are all lovely names and definitely go well together.