Considering changing my own name...

why change your name? it is WHO you are! i think [name]Bee[/name] is a great nn and love it. perhaps your full name is [name]Beatrice[/name], a name i love also.

please think long and hard about changing your name :slight_smile:

I just wanted to chime in on this thread for a couple reasons. Number 1 is to address this post. [name]Rachel[/name], although it is your own opinion, I find it really hard to swallow when people constantly advocate and assume a woman will change her name when she gets married. Whether someone does or does not is their own choice but [name]Gaia[/name]'s name change right now should not be dependent on this fact.

Number 2, [name]Gaia[/name], I think [name]Phoebe[/name] is a lovely name, and [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is great :slight_smile: Good luck with everything! I recently changed my last name and I have no regrets!

I changed my whole name when I was 24. So happy I did. The only part of my name that was similar to my old name was my middle name [name]Susan[/name]. It used to be [name]Sue[/name]. I changed my last name to my husband’s last name because we were getting married. I do not use my maiden name at all. Feels great! [name]Even[/name] in my mothers’ will I am listed with my married name - no maiden name. Ha! I hated my maiden name because it sounded kind of like the word “fart” with son at the end. Blah!
I think that Larkspur sounds made up. But the name combo [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is absolutely gorgeous. [name]Don[/name]'t let anyone tell you otherwise!
One of my favorite last names is [name]Perkins[/name], but then you would be [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Perkins[/name] which sounds kind of singsong. I will think of some last names to go with [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Clarke[/name] - my neighbors when I was little - I always loved their last name. They were way into bird watching and took people on bird tours all over the world.
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] Danyow ([name]DAN[/name]-yo as in yo-yo) - This is my best friends last name. She just loves it. She married a man whose last name was [name]Marshall[/name] and was a [name]Marshall[/name] for years, even after they got divorced. Then one day she thought, why am I a [name]Marshall[/name]? I will go back to being a Danyow. It is a lovely French name. So she changed her name back to Danyow. Then she got remarried, but kept Danyow as her name because she loves it so much!
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] de [name]Winter[/name] - Oooo, the movie “[name]Rebecca[/name]”! Why not really have some fun with your last name!
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Fairchild[/name] - like [name]Sabrina[/name] [name]Fairchild[/name] in the movie “[name]Sabrina[/name]”.
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Forrester[/name] - love the movie “Finding [name]Forrester[/name]”. The boy in the movie reinvents himself.
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Grey[/name] - so pretty!
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Hollis[/name] - so pretty!
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] - I love the name [name]Hudson[/name].
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]James[/name] - the mother in “Parent Trap” had this last name. I think it’s cool.
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]McPherson[/name] - I think this is a pretty last name.
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] - I know a family with this last name.
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Rochester[/name] - like “[name]Jane[/name] Eyre”
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Simpson[/name] - [name]Simpson[/name] is like a comfy sweater of a last name. So warm and nice! I love the m and the p together. Fun to say.
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Wallace[/name] - There is a children’s book I love that has this last name in it.
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - I know a family with this last name. So cute!
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] Woods - We had some neighbors with this last name.
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Winthrop[/name] - [name]Winthrop[/name] is one of my fave last names ever! I would love it as a last name, but I love my own last name [name]Chesney[/name] even more. I would suggest [name]Chesney[/name], but [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Chesney[/name] isn’t the greatest. If you want to use it, you are welcome to it.

I will try to think of more!

I think it is a very good idea to take a whole new name at this point in your life, especially as it seems to be something that you have long wanted to do.

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is beautiful! Larkspur is a great surname, too - very unusual, but I love it.

Good luck!

I just wanted to chime in on this thread for a couple reasons. Number 1 is to address this post. [name]Rachel[/name], although it is your own opinion, I find it really hard to swallow when people constantly advocate and assume a woman will change her name when she gets married. Whether someone does or does not is their own choice but [name]Gaia[/name]'s name change right now should not be dependent on this fact.

Number 2, [name]Gaia[/name], I think [name]Phoebe[/name] is a lovely name, and [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is great :slight_smile: Good luck with everything! I recently changed my last name and I have no regrets![/quote]

Yes, I agree with you that women don’t have to change their names when they get married. I changed my name when I got married because I really loved my husband’s last name and hated mine. If the situation had been just the opposite, I would have kept my maiden name.

Bonheur would make a good surname; it means ‘good luck’ in French. I know a family with the surname [name]Alexander[/name], too, and it goes so well with lots of names.
[name]Bellamy[/name] has French roots, too, and means ‘beautiful friend’.
In my opinion, colour names always work well - a rarer, interesting one is [name]Blue[/name].
[name]Blythe[/name] is a surname too - I really love [name]Blythe[/name]!

Hmm … I seem to like B names a lot :slight_smile:

I think that The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name] has wonderful surnames. Moncrieff, [name]Fairfax[/name], Bracknell, Worthing, Cardew, and Prism! [name]Cecily[/name] Cardew is one of my favorite character names of all time!

Good luck, [name]Gaia[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Bee[/name] – First, I love the name [name]Bee[/name], and think you have a lot of intriguing options to choose from. Second, I love your story, and wonder if you would consider writing a guest blog about it for nameberry, perhaps after you’ve made your final decision. We ran a guest blog recently by a woman who finally changed her name when she was in her 40s and was so happy she did. You can email me at pam@nameberry.com

Also, I thought you might be interested in this story [name]Linda[/name] and I did for Reader’s Digest last year, especially in the woman who changed her first and last name and really felt that it changed her life so much for the better. After interviewing her, I totally got on board with the concept of the power of a name to change someone’s life, and hope that’s the way it works out for you. Here’s the link: http://www.rd.com/living-healthy/bizarre-baby-names-a-growing-trend/article140061.html

Best of luck to you.

[name]Hi[/name] there,

Thanks for so many replies!

[name]Claire[/name], I’m changing my current name because I do not feel it is who I am at all. I utterly hate every single one of my names, and they were given to me by people I no longer see. I feel that this name is such a strong connection to my past and I just want to move forward. I thought this would be a great way to start afresh and completely move on with my life. Thank you for your opinion though :slight_smile: It is something I am thinking very hard about to make sure I make the right decisions- both name wise and on a personal level.

On the topic of changing my last name after I am married…well I don’t really know if I’m the marrying type, so it may not even be an issue for me. If I ever did get married, unless the person had a fabulous surname, I’d probably keep my maiden name- or make him take my name, haha.

I think I like the fact that Larkspur is a flower, but has such a romantic, literary quality about it. I’ll keep it on my “consider” list just incase. I still really love the suggestions of [name]Fox[/name] and Swift. I really loved the suggestion of [name]Clarke[/name] also! As I said before I grew up watching everything superhero related and it automatically reminds me of [name]Clark[/name] [name]Kent[/name] (Superman). I don’t know if thats just my inner geek coming through here, but having a superman link in my name seems rather fabulous. [name]Hudson[/name] really appeals to me also! I’d really consider [name]Simpson[/name] if it weren’t for “The Simpsons” association, which would be brought up constantly over here. Some truly fabulous suggestions, thanks so much for that fantastic list of ideas [name]Susan[/name].

Oh also [name]Susan[/name] it was reassuring to hear you have no regrets about changing your own name. I’m glad it worked out so well for you :slight_smile:

Twinkle I love [name]Bellamy[/name], but it doesn’t sound right with [name]Phoebe[/name] sadly, its so utterly pretty though.

[name]Pam[/name] I’d be honoured to write a blog for nameberry, I’d actually enjoy doing that! Thank you so much for that link also, it was incredibly interesting reading others experiences on the topic :slight_smile: I shall email you.

I’ve decided I’m going to stick with [name]Phoebe[/name]! I feel like a [name]Phoebe[/name], and I would be so proud so call it my own name. You’ve all been a huge factor in helping me decide this.

Mission 2 (if anybody has the time) is now to find some middle names. I’d love to have two middle names, and I’d love them to really mean something. I’d love meanings such as happy, free, strong, fresh, independance, life, new etc. Or anything that is associated with these meanings (e.g strong could be replaced with lioness etc meaning wise) It may sound a little cheesy, but I’d just love this new name to mean something to me, and hold qualities I want to keep throughout my life.

I loved the suggestion of [name]Caroline[/name], not only due to it being absoloutely stunning, but because it also means “free man”. I’m very much open to alternatives though, nothing is set in stone yet middle name wise. As I said before I’d love two middle names, so any combos you could come up with would be gratefully recieved :slight_smile:

I’ll ponder long and hard over the surnames, I may even hold off officially deciding until the first and middle names are complete, to make sure I get the right name- but being the name geek that I am I shall definately have a shortlist.

Thanks so much to everybody again! You’re all angels!

Hey, [name]Gaia[/name]!

I’m glad you’ve found a name that you love - and that feels like you! - in [name]Phoebe[/name]! [name]Remember[/name], when deciding a name, you want something that you enjoy saying, writing, and introducing yourself as - seems like [name]Phoebe[/name] fits the bill! Keep those things in mind when deciding your surname, as more often than not, you may find yourself being called Ms. Surname…

Let’s find you some perfect middle names!

[name]FREE[/name] - In addition to [name]Caroline[/name], of course…
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Saoirse[/name] (SEER-sha)

[name]HAPPY[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Corliss[/name]
[name]Gay[/name]
[name]Macaria[/name]
[name]Saidah[/name]
Allegria
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Gail[/name]
[name]Letitia[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]

STRONG
[name]Bryna[/name]
[name]Gertrude[/name]
[name]Iphigenia[/name]
[name]Velma[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]

So, how about:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Velma[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Rowena[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Saoirse[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]

PS What is it about two middle names that appeals to you, [name]Gaia[/name]?

Good luck!

Well I am so used to having more than one middle name currently, and I have been told it is a British thing also! Which is where I’m from, so that may explain a little.

I love (!!!) the name [name]Felicity[/name], its been one of my favourites for quite a while now. Its got such a pretty, free, upbeat vibe to it that I like. I’ll definately consider that. I quite like [name]Abigail[/name]/ [name]Avigail[/name], but not so much the “my father” part of the meaning. Although the name is truly pretty. [name]Letitia[/name] is also lovely, I’ll consider this also :slight_smile:

I have horrible associations with both [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name], so as gorgeous as the names are I couldn’t use them. I also love [name]Rowena[/name] but it is a friend’s name, I’m very jealous haha, and it would feel a little strange to use a name I so strongly associate with her.

[name]Even[/name] if the “meanings” simply relate to literary characters, or people who have had a strong, good impact on the world I’ll consider these also. I guess I’m pretty flexible, as long as there are positive associations to the names that I will be proud of :slight_smile:

[name]Gaia[/name],

A combination I really love is [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] - it just sounds “right” to me. There are several [name]Gwendolyn[/name]'s in literature - their names aren’t coming to me right now - including one [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Fairfax[/name] in The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name]. She isn’t a total gem - albeit, I like her a good deal - but the entire play as a whole has a great message, and it deals with names! [name]Gwendolyn[/name] means “white circle” and is Welsh…

Anyway, I love [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Rush[/name]. I don’t know if [name]Rush[/name] is even a surname, but [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Rush[/name] sounds amazing to me for some reason…R names…

This may sound rather daft, but one of my role models growing up was always [name]Princess[/name] [name]Leia[/name] from [name]Star[/name] Wars. She was a strong, independant, fiesty woman who was not afraid to stand up for what she believed in. I was thinking perhaps [name]Leilani[/name] may be a nice way to incorperate these lovely qualities…I know it may seem rather childish, but the character had a huge impact on me growing up, and I’ve always liked the name [name]Leilani[/name] as well.

[name]Lemon[/name] I [name]ADORE[/name] the name [name]Gwendolen[/name], I really do love it. Does the meaning “white circle” relate to spirituality of any sort? I’ll have to look into that. I have read The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name] when I was very young, but will need to give it another look over! [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] is very pretty.

[name]Gaia[/name],

[name]Leilani[/name] is pretty, but I don’t think it fits with [name]Phoebe[/name], quite honestly. Is it a Hawaiian name? I think you should stick to vintage classics, personally, but the choice is up to you.

I’m glad you love [name]Gwendolen[/name]! It is one of my favorites from literature, honestly. I’m sure “white circle” could relate to spirituality, even if not overtly - if you think it does, then it does! There was also a mythical [name]Queen[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name] of [name]Britain[/name], who was married to [name]King[/name] Locrinus of the Britons but overtook him in battle and ruled the country herself. If that doesn’t say strength, then I don’t know what does!

In addition to [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Fairfax[/name] in The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name], [name]Gwendolen[/name] Harleth appears in [name]George[/name] [name]Eliot[/name]'s [name]Daniel[/name] Deronda.

Good luck!

I love the names [name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. [name]Fairfax[/name] is a pretty last name! The character [name]Jane[/name] [name]Fairfax[/name] is in the book [name]Emma[/name], I think. [name]Emma[/name]'s last name is Woodhouse, I think. And what about Knightly as in Mr. Knightly. But Knightly doesn’t really go with [name]Phoebe[/name].

[name]Phoebe[/name],
When you first posted, [name]Phoebe[/name] was the first name that came to my mind. It sounds right for you. Congratulations!

Possible Middle Names:

[name]Margo[/name]/[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Apple[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Louise[/name] or [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Jade[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Larissa[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name] [name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Alexis[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Emma[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name] [name]Dominique[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Kaitrin[/name]

Possible Last Names:
Richert (pn Rykert)
[name]Francis[/name]
[name]Winter[/name]/[name]Winters[/name]
[name]Fairchild[/name]
[name]Stein[/name]
Hoffman
Deshaies
Seagrove
Wintergrace
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Potter[/name]
[name]Sky[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]
Meadows

You mentioned [name]Gilmore[/name] earlier, which I like as well.

I think that it is great to take suggestions, but you have to listen to the truth of your own heart. If Larkspur is the right last name for you and you know it in your heart, then this is the name that is right for you, no matter what anyone else thinks. People will always disagree on names. There is a price that you must pay in order to be who you are, but it is worth it because otherwise you would be unhappy and let other people dictate decisions when you know in your own heart what is right. If you know you are [name]Phoebe[/name] Larkspur, then that is who you are no matter who tells you otherwise. Only you get to decide who you are. [name]Don[/name]'t let anyone else. When you choose a name, sit with it for a while. You will know when it is right and be able to move forward. Taking a new name will change your life for the better, but it does not change who you are. It will not make you perfect, or even someone better or get you where you want to be. It will simply allow you to be who you are in the world. Listen to your heart and you will not be wrong. I wish you the best. I am curious to find out what you choose. Thank you for sharing with us.

– [name]Amelia[/name]

[name]Amelia[/name] is right. You have to pick names that really feel like your names. I know I said Larkspur sounds made up, but it is very pretty. I think most people including me would either love it right away or learn to love it quickly. I already am loving the name Larkspur.

When you change your name, it takes a few months or longer to get used to your new name. It is important to choose the very best name you can think of. If I were to do it again, I would have chosen a different first name. I would have chosen [name]Susan[/name] which was what I picked out for my middle name. I didn’t really know myself then. I love my last name. So I use my middle name and my last name socially. Legally and on Facebook, I use all three names.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Bee[/name]! :slight_smile: I’m really excited for you and your new name!

Some meaninful middles you may like…

[name]Allegra[/name] for joy:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Allegra[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Allegra[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Allegra[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (its meaning has to do with strength)

[name]Alexandra[/name] for strength:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

[name]Aurora[/name] for new beginnings, which seems really fitting for you :slight_smile: :

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] (and with [name]Katherine[/name] meaning pure, you have a pure, new beginning) :slight_smile:
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]

[name]Annora[/name] for honor:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Annora[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] (Oops…I forgot that you don’t like [name]Blythe[/name])
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Annora[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Annora[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Annora[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Annora[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Caroline[/name] for freedom:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Frances[/name] (Oops…One of [name]Frances[/name]’ meanings is “[name]Free[/name] man”, so [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] aren’t the best together…)
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Margot[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Maude[/name] ([name]Maude[/name]'s meaning has to do with strength)

[name]Eleanor[/name] (bright, shining one):

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Maude[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Edit[/name]: I just realized that [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] have the same meaning. Sorry about that!

[name]Ginevra[/name] ([name]Ginevra[/name]'s meaning is similar to [name]Gwendolyn[/name]'s):

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Ginevra[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Ginevra[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]

[name]Louisa[/name] for strength:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Matilda[/name] for strength:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

[name]Ramona[/name] for wisdom:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Charlotte[/name] means “free man”)
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

[name]Victoria[/name] for strength/victory:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Winifred[/name] has a great meaning (holy peacemaking, gentle friend):

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] also comes to mind. (I pronouce [name]Eliza[/name] with an “eh” sound, not a long E sound…) You may also like the name [name]Brigid[/name] as a middle ([name]Brigid[/name] means strength or power).

Oh! I don’t know if you’re considering Larkspur as a middle name in addition to a last name, but I think it could make a great second middle, such as:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] Larkspur
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] Larkspur
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] Larkspur
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Annora[/name] Larkspur

Good luck, [name]Bee[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,

I took a bit of time to think really clearly about the whole name process, so haven’t posted in a little while.

Firstly thank you so much again for all your replies, and I really really loved the suggestion of [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Annora[/name]! I think that is extremely beautiful.

[name]Phoebe[/name] is still right at the top of the list, however I shared it with a friend and her automatic reaction was to sing “smelly cat” to me, haha. I loved Friends, but will many people automatically associate it with the show?

Another name I’ve grown rather fond of recently is [name]Belle[/name]- which I find rather classic and beautiful. However, do you think its a little “cutesy”? I dont really see myself as the cutesy type (as I said before, I’m a pretty strong willed, independant person). It has really grown on me lately though.

Ahh dear, I’m no nearer making a decision than I was when I first posted. But I will be at some point, I’m hoping something will just “click” and I’ll think “Thats me! Thats what my name should be!”

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Bee[/name]! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Annora[/name], too! (It was my favorite.) :slight_smile: For what it’s worth, [name]Pheobe[/name] doesn’t automatically make me think of Friends, and I can’t remember the words to the cat song. I think it’s a wonderful, warm name.

I love the name [name]Belle[/name], too, but…hmm…Yeah, I guess it feels cutesier or more delicate to me than [name]Phoebe[/name] does. At the same time, I do think that [name]Belle[/name] is a very elegant name, and if it feels more youthful to me than [name]Phoebe[/name], I think it’s only because it reminds me of Disney.

You may also like [name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Annabel[/name] or [name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabel[/name].

Whether you choose [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Belle[/name], or other B name, be it [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Blythe[/name], etc., I hope you’re able to find a name that makes you happy and feels like it’s meant to be.

Take care! :slight_smile: