CORA vs. EDEN?! Please help us decide!

@thegirlwithpigtails-THANK YOU! That helps a ton! Thanks again!

[name]How[/name] weird!! My daughters name is [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] is top of my girl list for next time. I love both!!

I vote for [name]Cora[/name]. As to nickname’s, you can control what family and friends call her so I wouldn’t overly worry about nicknames. As to her future school friends, who knows what crazy nickname they may give her-that is beyond your control and not something you should even be bothered with anyway. My one daughter doesn’t go by a nn while my other daughter does. [name]Cora[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] is a beautiful name.

Wow, I’m surprised at some of the strong responses to [name]Eden[/name]. [name]Eden[/name] seems like the kind of name that would be popular on a name forum. Usually more unusual names are more liked on name forums it seems. [name]Eden[/name] has strong religious connotations for me but, really, what’s better than the Garden of [name]Eden[/name]? I do like [name]Eden[/name], just prefer [name]Cora[/name]. I don’t like [name]Neveah[/name]-[name]Heaven[/name] spelled backwards. [name]Heaven[/name] would be the only thing better than the garden of [name]Eden[/name] but spelling it backwards to create a name for a child just is a turn-off. Whereas [name]Eden[/name] is a legitimate place name, not made up/“creatively” unique like [name]Neveah[/name]. [name]Eden[/name] does have a very earthy feel to it and I don’t consider it remotely like the HORRID “[name]Precious[/name]”.

I adore [name]Cora[/name]! There’s just something about it! As for [name]Eden[/name], it’s my middle name and I’ve never been a fan until last year when I started warming up to it. I really adore both names, [name]Cora[/name] a bit more. [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] would make lovely sisters in my opinion.

[name]Cora[/name] for sure. [name]Cora[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] is sweet and classy.

I vote for [name]Eden[/name]! I think it’s a really pretty and soft name, whereas I find [name]Cora[/name] a bit harsher. I would consider [name]Eden[/name] myself! I picture a very sweet and beautiful girl with this name. Good luck deciding!

I vote for [name]Cora[/name] because I have a [name]Cora[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]! We have gotten lots of very positive reactions to her name. As for nicknames, her given name is [name]Cora[/name] but we sometimes call her [name]Corabelle[/name] (which I wouldn’t have used as a given name but somehow I like to call her that).

I agree with those who see [name]Eden[/name] as a nature-y name. It does flow well with [name]Elisabeth[/name].

Oh, I like both [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Eden[/name]. You can’t go wrong with either! I think with the middle name [name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Cora[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] has a slight edge on [name]Eden[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name].

I vote [name]Cora[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]

I tend to love old-fashioned and classic names - not trendy names - and I really like [name]Eden[/name]. It’s beautiful! And “[name]Edie[/name]” has a wonderful vintage feel to it for a nn. I would never put [name]Eden[/name] in the same category as [name]Neveah[/name], [name]Destiny[/name], etc. I also like [name]Cora[/name], but I guess I am in the minority as I see it as just one letter away from trendier sounding, [name]Cara[/name] or [name]Corey[/name] (although I do not realistically see a [name]Cora[/name] being nicknamed [name]Corey[/name] - I agree with pp’s feedback that [name]Cora[/name] maintains a very classy and classic feel). I do prefer [name]Cora[/name] as the nn with [name]Coraline[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Corinne[/name], etc as full names - but it does not seem like you’re moving in that direction! With that said, I vote [name]Eden[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]… gorgeous name combo. In fact, my twin was almost named something similar: [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Eve[/name] (dad vetoed the “[name]Eve[/name]” for the much more common “[name]Anne[/name]”), and I think we all wish they would have kept the [name]Eve[/name]. :slight_smile: