Create A Friend Group Together! • New Fun Writer's Game!

Friend Group 3
Friend #2

Name: [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
Nickname(s): Lini (Lih-Nee), by her close friends and family
Sexuality: Straight? ([name_m]Unknown[/name_m])
Appearance: [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is average height, with a ballerina-thin frame and pale, porcelain skin. She has long, dark hair that falls along her shoulders, and light hazel eyes. She is usually dressed in a lace corset, and she always wear a flowered lace bow, which belonged to her grandmother and then her mother.
Personality: [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is caring, generous, curious, quiet, smart, and free-spirited, but she can also be very stubborn, distant, moody, and hot-headed at times. She always cares for her friends, and she loves teaching people new things and she loves knowledge and learning.
Family: [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] was born to a wealthy family, her dad being a lawyer and her mom staying at home to take care of the children. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is the fourth oldest out of all of her siblings, and currently the second oldest in the house. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] also has four younger siblings, so in total she has 8 siblings, not including herself. Her parents had nine children, and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is the middle child. Currently, her mother is also pregnant with another son. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is very close to her mom, but less with her dad, because he is a lawyer and he is almost always not home and at work. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] likes taking care of her younger siblings, but they’re often very pesky and too loud for her!
**Description:**[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is very artistic, and she likes spending a lot of her free time sketching, drawing, and painting. She also likes gardening, and she helps her mother tend the garden. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is a very smart and clever girl, and she loves writing letters to her cousins, who currently reside in [name_u]London[/name_u]. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] has a very good eye for small details, and she also spends a lot of time sewing with her mother. If she’s not doing any of those things, you’re most likely going to find her reading in her room. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is a total bookworm!
Backstory: [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]’s mom was very close friends with [name_f]Constance[/name_f]’s mom, and she was very upset and devastated when she passed away. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] knew [name_f]Constance[/name_f] since they were very little, due to their parents being very close friends and inviting them over.
Friend Type: The Quiet, Artistic One

1 Like

Wow, great character, and I love the theme! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks! [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is a great character and a fantastic name!

1 Like

Thanks! :blush:

Friend Group 3
Friend #3

Name: [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
Nickname: [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]
Sexuality: Homosexual
Appearance: An average build and height. He has dark brown hair which is usually slicked into something nice and appropriate for his social status. He has piercing grey eyes and unbelievably white teeth.
Personality: Outgoing and fun, he’s always happy to make people laugh. Of course, this isn’t always the most appropriate, but he does try his best. He has dreams of making his family, especially his father, proud of him, and yet he always seems to fail. But, he keeps up a shell and doesn’t let people in to know how much this bothers him. He can be very defensive, which sometimes comes across as rude, but deep down he cares deeply about people, especially those who show that they care for him.
Family: He is the oldest child, and heir, to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]. His father, being a wealthy owner of a popular newspaper company, which publishes across the country. His mother is much kinder to him than his father, however, recently, she has fallen ill, causing him to greatly worry for her well being. Thoughts of what happened to [name_f]Constance[/name_f]’s mother fills his head. He also has two younger siblings, [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], however, a bit of an age gap between them causes [name_m]Will[/name_m] and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] to be closer to each other than they are to him.
Description: As much as [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] enjoys reading and literature, he isn’t entirely sure the newspaper world is for him. If he had to do anything with words, he would want to be an author, yet he knows what his place is in this world. Quite honestly, he’s terrified of this world, specifically what it could do to him just for loving the wrong people. There isn’t a soul who he feels he could trust with this secret, although his friends are almost in the circle. He tries to hide this fear with his jokes, but he’s honestly starting to get tired of it. Aside from this, [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] enjoys long walks out in the gardens of their home, or in the nearby forest, away from industrialism and in nature.
Backstory: He met his friends at one of the many fancy banquets he was dragged to by his parents. Having somehow gravitated towards them instead of the boys in attendance, he quickly decided that they were the people he wanted to befriend. He came a bit later, [name_f]Constance[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] having already met, but he somehow wormed his way into the group.
Friend-Type: The outgoing and fun one. Most likely the one who comes up with the stupid ideas that will definitely get them into trouble

2 Likes

I love your characters so much! I honestly wish there was a whole book with them

2 Likes

Same! And I love, [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] too! Their group is so much fun!

1 Like

Haha, it’s fine!

I figured they needed a troublesome one :wink: But I wanted to add some layers as well

4 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

Lol!

[name_u]Friend[/name_u] Group 3
[name_u]Friend[/name_u] #4

Name: [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_m]Fitzroy[/name_m]
Nickname(s): [name_f]Toria[/name_f]
Sexuality: Given the time period, sexuality is irrelevant
Appearance: [name_f]Toria[/name_f] is average height and curvy, with pale skin. She has thigh-length blond hair that she wears pinned up in a neat, perfect bun. She normally wears an ornate pale blue dress over lacy petticoats.
Personality: [name_f]Toria[/name_f] pretends to be the perfect daughter, though she is truly rebellious at times.
Family: [name_f]Toria[/name_f] lives with her father and his new wife, who is character #5’s mother.
Description: [name_f]Toria[/name_f] works as a housemaid for her father, so she blends quietly into the background.
Backstory: [name_f]Toria[/name_f] met [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]'s sister [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] in the market and they became friends. However, after [name_f]Toria[/name_f] met [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] she gravitated towards him. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] didn’t like that and stopped being talking to [name_f]Toria[/name_f]. Laurie preposed to Toria to annoy Charlotte and Toria said yes. They are now engaged. [name_f]Toria[/name_f] met [name_f]Constance[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] through [name_u]Laurie[/name_u].
[name_u]Friend[/name_u]-type: The organized but secretly rebellious one (she’ll pretend to dispute [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]'s ideas but really want to go along with them)

2 Likes

She’s great!

She’s great! :blush:

Laurence is a genius character! I love his backstory and the ties between [name_f]Constance[/name_f]’s mother and his own. His name is the best part, though. Laurence [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] is just perfect.

3 Likes

Ikr!

Thank you! I was very happy with the name too

@Sidney_Lucille I’m not sure he’ll appreciate that engagement though

2 Likes

Thanks. I tried. When I read [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]’s [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] description and wrote [name_f]Toria[/name_f]’s, I knew there would have to be some kind of chemistry between them. I was trying to figure it out, and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] seemed the perfect way for them to meet and who wouldn’t be annoyed if your friend (who’s way older than you, no less) drops you for your brother?

1 Like

Yeah, at the time everybody was known to be “straight”, but I feel like some people weren’t, but there wasn’t really anything that they could do about it, sadly.

3 Likes

Oh, yes he does. He preposed, of course. Mainly to annoy [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

1 Like