Create your own lists and tell us how it works!

We have a cool new list-making capability. You can make your own lists of names – create a list of Favorites, of Maybes, or of anything at all you want – and even make the list public on the site. We’d love it if you’d try out this feature and give us your thoughts about using it. What’s easy and fun? What might be improved, and how? Any features you’d like to see added on? Post your thoughts here…

I love the feature! It’s just that I made a list public, and what does that mean? Where does it show up? [name]Do[/name] I see my own list? Thanks for adding this fun and helpful feature.

EDITED TO [name]ADD[/name]: [name]Do[/name] you think you could have links to our other lists when someone views our user lists? And, possibly, instead of saying ‘User list’, you could say ‘realpraise’s list’ or ‘linda’s list’, etc.

It SHOULD show up on the page of every name on your list, just like the regular Hot Lists do. Let us know if it works as it should – should be lots of fun for all of us!

I did one! Yay, it worked.
If you look up any of these names:
[name]Cameron[/name], [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Dawson[/name], [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Tyler[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Remy[/name], [name]Alexandra[/name], [name]Addison[/name], [name]Leah[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], or [name]Eliza[/name]

And scroll down to the lists they are in, it will say User List: Current Favorites
and that’s how it works.
It’s awesome! Thank you.

A suggestion: I think we should be able to put middle names we like as well as nicknames, too. And hyphened names. Oh, also, I think it would be cool if you could make it so other people could vote on the names. If that’s possible… ha ha

I made a list called “Names that are fun to yell”. Sometimes you have to yell at your kids like when they’re about to spread peanut butter on the new curtains and it’s no fun to yell [name]Emily[/name]. [name]Emily[/name] is just too sweet! If you look up [name]Stella[/name] and go down to the name of my list, you can read all the names on it. I plan to keep adding more.

I wish I could create my list and then there was a place to click called alphabetize. Then my list would be alphabetically correct.

I made a list called “User Names” and it has the names of the users. Look up yours and if it isn’t on there, quote this post with your name. I have, so far: [name]Melody[/name] (me), [name]Laura[/name]/ [name]Lola[/name], [name]Susan[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Noemi[/name], [name]Lyndsay[/name], Jenness, [name]Megan[/name], [name]Ruth[/name], [name]Melissa[/name], [name]Laurie[/name], [name]Emily[/name], [name]Joy[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Tracy[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Marie[/name]. This post will be updated as new names are added.

Why won’t ,my list keep an name but “[name]Unnamed[/name] List”? I tried “User List”, [name]Lola[/name]'s List", [name]Lola[/name]'s Favorites" and nothing. It always reverts back to “[name]Unnamed[/name] List”. Anyone know, What gives?

[name]Just[/name] wondering out loud, before I drive myself bananas trying to figure it out!

that’s been bugging me too :slight_smile:

To name your list, you have to put your cursor over where it says “[name]Unnamed[/name] List”. It turns a yellowish color. Then press delete. Then there is a box with I think some blue around it. At that point you put your cursor at the beginning of the box and click or if you see a little “l” shape already blinking, just type in the name of your list. I figured it out on my own through some trial and error.

I agree it’s confusing, though the solution is actually simple. If you click on “[name]Unnamed[/name] List,” it will turn blue and let you type in a new title. But maybe it should say something like Type A Name For Your List or some such…

I did that, really, I did. But I can’t figure out how to save it. Beyond “Enter” I don’t know what to hit to make it stay. But I’ll play some more, can’t hurt! :slight_smile:

I know it feels odd, but you actually don’t have to do anything and it should automatically save in My Stuff and forever after pop up in your list of lists. Then you can retrieve it, add to it, delete names, rename it etc. Try this and tell me whether it works for you – it does for me. But basically, we’re still refining this feature so I love to hear the hiccups so we can make the experience smooth and easy!

Well, as of right now it say
s “[name]Lola[/name]'s Lists” and then under that “[name]Unnamed[/name] List” I tried making it [name]Lola[/name]'s Favorites again. We’ll see if it remembers it now, or not. :slight_smile:

I can type in a new list name where it says [name]Unnamed[/name] List, but then it never saves the new name. Any ideas? Maybe a “save list name” button?

For me, if I hit return after typing the new name, it’s saved. Can you try that and let me know whether that works for you?

“Return” (or “Enter”) doesn’t work for me, but then, I’m still running Windows XP and IE7, I think. Which may have something to do with it.

I also wanted to ask, is there a way to organise the list? I’ve got boys on the bottom, girls on top, except for [name]Imogen[/name] & [name]Clementine[/name]. When I added them (last), they went to the bottom of the list, unlike all the others! Is there a way to get them up top with the rest of the girls?

hmmm, I’ll check this out with our engineer and get back to you…Sorry you’re having these problems. I hope you’ll bear with us because I can’t wait to see the lists you create!

[name]Don[/name]'t worry, [name]Pam[/name], I’m sticking around. :slight_smile:

[name]Vivian[/name] :slight_smile: