Crushing on Cosmo šŸŖ

[name_u]Ever[/name_u] since I saw @ashley_roseā€™s Life With Beans Baby Names post last week, Iā€™ve been crushing on [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]! :star_struck:

It feels so cute and quirky and a little bit nerdy, in a good way. Thereā€™s the Kramer connection, which I donā€™t actually mind, thereā€™s the Medici connection (OK, I know thatā€™s [name_m]Cosimo[/name_m], but close enough!)ā€¦ Any other strong associations Iā€™m missing?

What do you think of the name? What middle names would you pair with it?

The family linked above used [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], which I think is awesome ā€“ something solid and traditional but perhaps a bit hipsterish seems to fit the vibe of [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] best.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!

6 Likes

I think itā€™s kinda cool, and Iā€™ve been thinking about it a lot since they announced the names of the twins. The main association I have is from a cartoon called Fairly OddParents, and one of the characters is named [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]. But I do think this could be another celestial name to make a rise.

1 Like

Ohhh yes, I remember that! [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] andā€¦ [name_f]Wanda[/name_f]?

1 Like

Yep cosmo and [name_f]Wanda[/name_f]

I love [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], but unfortunately, thereā€™s one fairly strong connection that might make the name trickier to wear: (Cosmopolitan magazine ā€œ[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]ā€, which might have too-strong sexual connotations).

I would do something like:
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Theon[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Perseus[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Taranis[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Caraway[/name_u] *(Iā€™m not normally one for alliteration, but this is so cute)
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Tiernan[/name_u]

I like [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] :blush:

Hmm :thinking: Iā€™m someone who would even have been willing to overlook the magazine association of [name_m]Maxim[/name_m], had I not married a [name_u]Max[/name_u]! So I think Iā€™d be OK with thisā€¦ but I will ponder, thank you!

Loving the suggestions of [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Percival[/name_m], [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] :heart_eyes:, [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] and [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Caraway[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

Thank you!

1 Like

I LOVE [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]! I just named my new puppy [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]!
[name_u]Love[/name_u] the fairly odd parents connection as well as the [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] Kramer connection from Seinfeld. Also love the nn [name_m]Cos[/name_m] and Cosy.

2 Likes

Aww, what a fabulous name :heart_eyes_cat: [name_m]Cos[/name_m] and Cosy are adorable nicknames too.

2 Likes

Cosmo is a cool word and name.

I think of [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] magazine, the [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] cocktail, Kramer, and some vintage mystery Iā€™ve forgotten the name.

I always thought it would be fun to meet twins named [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] and [name_m]Dmitri[/name_m].

I like a strong one syllable middle with [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m].

Cos is not a bad nn.

1 Like

What is wrong with noting the connection to [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] magazine? Itā€™s a thing.

[quote=ā€œ[name_u]Harvest[/name_u]-[name_u]Endellion[/name_u], post:11, topic:357435ā€]
Cosmo and Dmitri
[/quote]

These do go together brilliantly!

Iā€™ve been loving [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] since the Life with Beans announcement too and [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] is awesome!

Cosmo [name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]! I think it fits in well with the Theos and [name_m]Leos[/name_m] while still being different and unique. Iā€™ve had it on my list alongside [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] because I like the exuberant energy they have.

[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] (my favorite)
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Brighton[/name_u]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u]

1 Like

Iā€™ve been thinking also about [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] because of this family. At first I didnā€™t like [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], they were two ā€œweirdoā€ names together, but [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] has the best of [name_m]William[/name_m] without being overused and I like the -fred part a lot.

Cosmo is really cool, quirky but simple and familiar. I think [name_u]Coco[/name_u] or [name_f]Momo[/name_f] would be a cute nickname for a baby.

• Cosmo [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
    [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Alastair[/name_m] (of course, my favorite middle name needed to be here)
  • Cosmo [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_u]Birch[/name_u]
  • Cosmo [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Endymion[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Ephraim[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Geoffrey[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Horatio[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
  • Cosmo [name_u]Jory[/name_u]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Ross[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Valerian[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
  • Cosmo [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
  • Cosmo [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
1 Like

So many gorgeous new suggestions!

Lovingā€¦

Cosmo [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]

@lateaugust Iā€™m totally with you on [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]! Absolutely love it, so soft yet powerful sounding :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You are UK based right? You are maybe too young for this but people in the 35-45 age bracket will definitely remember [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] and Dibbs on the kids TV Programme You and Me in the 80s.

Iā€™m afraid thatā€™s my primary association but Iā€™m sure most people 30 and younger will never have heard of it so itā€™s fine to use nowadays :slight_smile:

1 Like

UK based, yes. And Iā€™ve never heard of [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] and Dibbs! [name_m]Just[/name_m] googled and it looks like theyā€™re a pair of puppets. How cringeworthy are we talking? :wink:

Pretty cheesy :rofl: Like most British kids TV characters! But yeah definitely one for the older Mums only!

1 Like

One of my childhood friends is called [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]! Heā€™s 18, and our generation grew up on [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] and [name_f]Wanda[/name_f]. He does get the occasional joke when he introduces himself but he doesnā€™t really care. I think itā€™s such a handsome name and everyone who meets him finds it cool!

1 Like