Cute nickname for Ophelia?

Any thoughts on a nickname for [name]Ophelia[/name]? I don’t care for [name]Lia[/name], and Ophie or something like that just sounds made-up to me. Middle name will be [name]Elizabeth[/name].
Thanks!!

Are you pronouncing it like O-fell-eeah or O-feel-eeah? Felli would be cute if you’re pronouncing it the Spanish way. Feefee for the other way? This is a difficult one!

Maybe this is too close to Ophi for your taste, but the first thing that came to my mind was Opi (OH-pee) like the little boy in “Leave it to beaver”. I could see that being a cute nn for a little girl named [name]Ophelia[/name].

[name]Lee[/name], [name]Leelee[/name], or maybe just O? I have a son we call Z and it suits him. [name]Ophelia[/name] is kind of one of those no-nickname names though. If you went with [name]Elizabeth[/name] for the first name you would be overloaded with nicknames!

In a series of books I love (The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie), the eldest sister’s name is [name]Ophelia[/name], and her nn is Feely. Not the most appealing, but it has the potential to be cute, I guess?

The only one I can think of is [name]Fifi[/name], but it would take a certain kind of little girl to pull it off!

[name]Fay[/name] or [name]Opal[/name]

I kind of like Fefe maybe?

You sort of need a nickname that doesn’t actually relate to the fullname.
I know someone called [name]Eternity[/name], and her nickname is [name]Ellie[/name].
[name]Phylis[/name]?
[name]Opha[/name]?
Phinia?
Phinley?

I didn’t know Opi was from Leave it to Beaver! I love the name [name]Cassiopeia[/name], and I like Opie more than [name]Cassie[/name] for nn. Phephe (fifi) was my other thought although I think just [name]Ophelia[/name] is great all 3 syllables and all!

Someone else had a similar question about [name]Ophelia[/name] not too long ago. Some of the nicknames the board came up with included:

Phia/[name]Fia[/name] ([name]FEE[/name]-ah)
[name]Fee[/name]/Fi
[name]Fay[/name]/[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Fifi[/name]
[name]Lia[/name]
Ophie
[name]Effie[/name]
O
Olee
[name]Ollie[/name]
[name]Olia[/name]
[name]Leelee[/name]
[name]Lee[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
Feely
Opie/Opey
[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Elia[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Ola[/name]

Obviously some are a little more usable / a little more of a stretch than others. Hopefully it gets you thinking about one you’d like to use.

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] seems like a great nickname for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]!

[name_f]Leela[/name_f]/[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Ephie[/name_f]/[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
Phia/[name_f]Fia[/name_f]
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]

My first instinct was Phee.

Someone once suggested [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] to me as a nn for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. If you can buy it, I think it’s adorable! It seems like too much of a stretch for me, though. :stuck_out_tongue: My favorite would probably be [name_f]Fia[/name_f], but I like just [name_u]Fee[/name_u], too. Or even [name_f]Pia[/name_f]? [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Pia[/name_f] is really nice.

I do like [name_f]Lia[/name_f], but I realize it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. :slight_smile:

I love the book series The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie too, and so Feely was my first thought too. You could spell it Phelie though.

My choices arr those of @ash
Either [name_f]Fia[/name_f] or [name_f]Pia[/name_f]
good luck beautiful name.

I met a little girl who called herself Feefee (or [name_f]Fifi[/name_f]?) just because she LIKED it. Her mom said her real name was [name_f]Faith[/name_f]. I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t use [name_f]Fifi[/name_f] or Feefee as well.
Or even FeeLee as suggested above.

I’ve seen an [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] with the nn Phee

What about Fi ([name_u]Fee[/name_u] or Phee)?