Dahlia or Dorothy - helps us decide!

What is your opinion and favorite name below?

-Dorothy [name_f]Juniper[/name_f]
-Dorothy [name_f]June[/name_f]
-Dahlia [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]

We want to include [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] as we are in love with the nickname Dottie/Dot. I like [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] as the first name and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] as the middle name and would still use the nickname. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner likes [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] as the first name and calling her by the nickname. I would like others input. Thank you!

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] but I don’t think it flows well with [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] as the MN sadly.

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] is beautiful & would get my vote. I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] but do love [name_f]Dottie[/name_f] / [name_f]Dot[/name_f] as a NN & [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] gives the combo a the flair that I personally think is missing from [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f], although that’s a good solid combo as well :blush:

I don’t mind the alliteration of [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], but if you’re going to call her Dot/Dottie it makes more sense to me to have [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] as the first name! It could be really sweet and refreshing on a little girl :blossom: [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite combo is [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] - I think it feels more youthful than [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f]!

I like [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] the best, [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is very much a first name

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], but not together. I would vote for one of the [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] options.

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m] to Nameberry!

I like the alliteration of [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], but I would go with [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] as a first name if you plan to call her Dottie/Dot. [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] is my favorite of the [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] combos!

I love [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]- but not so much as a combo. I like [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f]

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] is my favorite of these.

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] is gorgeous - love the blend of clunky vintage and sassy, fresh [name_f]Juniper[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and Dottie/Dot as the nickname, that is so so sweet! [name_f]Vintage[/name_f] and unexpected yet well known. [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] is my favorite :two_hearts: Congratulations!!!

well [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] nn [name_f]Dot[/name_f] / [name_f]Dottie[/name_f] is like a dream name of mine, so I’m absolutely going with that one! [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] is also stunning. I do think they flow much more nicely than [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m] to Nameberry!

I vote for [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] as the first name – it’s such a sweet pick, and if you’ll be calling her Dot/Dottie anyways then it makes the most sense.
I like both [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f], and I think your choice should depend on your surname. A shorter, 1/2 syllable surname would sound better with [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f], while a longer 3/4 syllable surname would be a mouthful with it, so [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] would be better in that case.

Best of luck and congratulations!

Both are gorgeous!

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is my favourite though. She’s wholesome, soft, whimsical and has pretty cottagecore imagery attached. I love the nickname [name_f]Dotty[/name_f] as well.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] she’s wholesome, cosy, nostalgic and has a lovely sound. Really pretty name :two_hearts:

Whatever choice you go with will be stunning :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Thank you, good point! Last name is 2 syllables. Your reply makes me lean towards [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] for the middle name.

1 Like

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] are both great names! Hard to pick!

I think I like [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] slightly more than [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]. [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] is my favorite pair!

I prefer [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] slightly, but I don’t love [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]. I like the nickname [name_f]Dottie[/name_f] / [name_f]Dot[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] is super cool, so that’s my vote!

Funny you say this. We googled “Dorothy June” and the results were a long list of obituaries!

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] are both lovely names, but I don’t think they go together (maybe as a sibset?) I’d vote for either [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] or [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f], depending on the length of your last name

I love [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]! [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is also nice but I prefer [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and strongly prefer the name you intend to use/nickname from to be first so if you plan on using [name_f]Dot[/name_f] either way I’d definitely do [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] first. [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] is fantastic!

I agree that if you want to use Dot/Dottie, I’d go with [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] as a first name. [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] is really sweet!

I will say that I’m currently crushing on the name [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and would love the nn [name_f]Dolly[/name_f]. Always another option!