Database entries you’d like to see amended

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] has some outdated ranking descriptions

1 Like

Ugh, I hate those kinds of descriptions :expressionless:

4 Likes

Why does?? Arthur?? Have a girl page?? And it’s blank

Is this like what happened to [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] before? They suddenly had blank boy name pages. [name_u]Or[/name_u] did you really add [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] for a girl?

8 Likes

The name [name_u]Henry[/name_u] shows up green, but the girl’s page is blank and the boy’s page says it is a boys’ name.

2 Likes

yeah i’ve noticed a bunch of names have turned green lately but havent had the other gender filled in with any sort of info

5 Likes

I hate to say it, but with the [name_f]Delta[/name_f] variant going around, I’m wondering if that should be added to the references list for the name [name_f]Delta[/name_f] :confused:

8 Likes

I honestly think this should be at the top of the reference list, if not in the description itself.

I personally think that this should have happened a while ago, but the [name_u]Cove[/name_u] entry needs to be updated to mention that as the name is the first syllable of Covid it is probably not usable for the foreseeable future due to that association.

2 Likes

I noticed in the pop culture section for Petra it isn’t mentioned that Petra is also the name of a pretty significant Christian musical group.

Here is their Wikipedia page as point of reference

https://www.google.com/search?q=petra+band&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

2 Likes

[name_f]Petra[/name_f] also has outdated ranking descriptions. It says it is #2 in Croatia and within the top 20 in Hungary, but in 2020, it was #9 in Croatia and #37 in Hungary.

1 Like

I don’t associate it with Covid at all.

4 Likes

There’s a typo on the datebase entry for [name_f]Marsali[/name_f].

“This spelling variation of Marsail…”

I don’t think Marsail is correct?

3 Likes

Please remove the last sentence from the description for [name_m]Wray[/name_m].

7 Likes

Unfortunately, I can’t change this. Those first sentences are auto-generated (presumably based on old information) and even if I update the origin in the database, which was actually already done in this case, this sentence doesn’t change. I will see if this is something that can be addressed.

1 Like

I have updated as many of these as I am able to, but unfortunately I do not have the power to delete entries. [name_u]Jordaan[/name_u], [name_m]Valentijan[/name_m], [name_m]Weit[/name_m], [name_f]Liesja[/name_f] and [name_m]Arje[/name_m] are not actually recorded as [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] anywhere that I can see, but I’m assuming you spotted these on a [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] name list somewhere on the site?

1 Like

That’s like saying you should just use [name_u]Ren[/name_u] instead of [name_u]Wren[/name_u].

1 Like

Thanks! I found these names using the advanced search option and selecting names with [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] origin.

1 Like

Olivia should be edited to include Olivia Rodrigo. She isn’t mentioned at all.

ETA: She is probably the most well known Olivia so mentioning her is important.

4 Likes

I suspect the same thing is going on as in the issue @opheliaflora flagged above. The algorithm seems to be drawing on old information that I can no longer see or change. I will ask about this.

There used to be a way to edit the celebrity/pop culture sections! They’ve mentioned that they might bring that back in the future, they’re just not sure when!

2 Likes