Due in 2 days

We finally decided between

[name]Merritt[/name] Cahill (nana’s maiden name)
or
[name]Holland[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

to go with Chapel [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Sean[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] & [name]Winsor[/name] [name]Rose[/name].
[name]Just[/name] need quick advice as to the spelling of [name]Merritt[/name] (or Merit).

Your thoughts?

Great choices! I personally prefer [name]Merritt[/name] - as I think you get the connotation of [name]Merry[/name] as well as the word merit, and it seems more like a name and less like a noun.
Good luck - I hope it all goes well! Let us know which one you choose.

Thank you so much.

I agree - I love [name]Merritt[/name] as a sister to Chapel, [name]Sean[/name] and [name]Winsor[/name]! Good luck!

I disagree with lamps’ comment regarding [name]Holland[/name] being a noun and [name]Merritt[/name] being less like a noun. Chapel is a noun!

I personally don’t care for the name [name]Merritt[/name] for a girl, or its potential nickname [name]Merry[/name], or the fact that it sounds like merit. I prefer [name]Holland[/name]. Sorry to disagree! [name]Holland[/name] and [name]Winsor[/name] sound perfect together, and your other kids’ names work in there, too!

Best of luck!

I absolutely love the name [name]Holland[/name], and I think it goes beautifully with your other kids names. [name]Merritt[/name] is nice, but I really like [name]Holland[/name] better (though I don’t care for the nn [name]Holly[/name]). If you do go with [name]Merritt[/name], I would pair it with a more feminine middle name, since [name]Merritt[/name] (I like the spelling Merrit the best) could be seen as a boys name, especially if it has a gender neutral or male middle name too. Maybe [name]Holland[/name] [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Holland[/name] [name]Cozette[/name], or something like that.

Why not [name]Holland[/name] Cahill?

I think since each of your children have traditional middle names - [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], and [name]Rose[/name] - you should continue this for little [name]Holland[/name] or [name]Merritt[/name]. [name]Merritt[/name], especially with Cahill, seems very masculine. I would do something like [name]Holland[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], personally! It is really pretty…

Other choices for a middle name could be [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], or [name]Sophia[/name]. My favorites are [name]Holland[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Holland[/name] [name]Frances[/name]! Best wishes!

[name]Holland[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is… pretty with the adorable nn of [name]Holly[/name]. I really can’t imagine child going by the name of [name]Holland[/name] :frowning: It doesn’t feel right to me. I also feel that it doesn’t fit in with your other children’s names.

[name]Merritt[/name] on the other hand, is obviously a noun name but it has a name-y feel too it. The nn [name]Merry[/name], I love and it’s meaning is beautiful as well. So my vote definitely goes to [name]Merritt[/name] Cahill.
Good luck :slight_smile:

Thank you all so much for you honest opinions and input! I truly appreciate it!

I think I am so named out that this better be a boy.

I am going crazy! I just don’t know now about either [name]Holland[/name] or [name]Merritt[/name]. [name]How[/name] the heck can that happen? Is it the hormones and the urgency of figuring out a name in the next day? Thank you all for your help. I always loved Chapel and [name]Winsor[/name]…it seems I should have plannned better and had another name on deck years ago that I loved…

I’m going to vote for [name]Merritt[/name] with Chapel and [name]Winsor[/name], because like Chapel and [name]Winsor[/name], [name]Merritt[/name] feels quite regal, solid, elegant, sophisticated, and virtuous to me.

[name]Holland[/name] feels trendy to me, like [name]Paris[/name], [name]London[/name], and [name]Ireland[/name] (which I’ve seen spelled yooneekly). I can see [name]Holland[/name] becoming popular, while [name]Merritt[/name] feels more distinctive and unexpected to me, much like Chapel and [name]Winsor[/name].

So, one more vote for [name]Merritt[/name]! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you!

i love love [name]LOVE[/name] your kids names. and i think merritt goes just perfectly with them!

I know you had previously noted the connection between [name]Windsor[/name] ([name]Winsor[/name]) Castle and [name]St[/name]. [name]George[/name]'s Chapel, so I am again looking for names that stand out…

[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Stirling[/name]
[name]Abbey[/name]
[name]Bristol[/name]
Surrey

PS [name]Becket[/name] (for [name]Thomas[/name]) would be cute for a boy! I like [name]Becket[/name] [name]Heath[/name]…

I don’t like either sorry.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Holland[/name]! There is something just beautiful about. I think it reminds me of the actress [name]Willa[/name] [name]Holland[/name] who is gorgeous.

[name]Holland[/name] just seems to flow with your other names so well.

Meritt Cahill is my vote.

[name]Merritt[/name] would be my choice of the two but I would rather [name]Meredith[/name] Cahill. I like the nn of [name]Merry[/name].

I am curious what you’ve selected for a boy. I love your kids names and am curious if you have a boys name picked out?

I’m voting for [name]Holland[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. I think the nicknames [name]Holly[/name] and [name]Hollis[/name] are so sweet, and I just can’t like the name Meritt, sorry. I don’t like any of the spellings, and it reminds me of “merit badges”.