I’m due with our first in two weeks and we are stuck on names and I’m feeling slightly panicked. We’re Team Green but this is what we’ve narrowed it down to on the girl side:
- Savannah, nn Savvy or Sav
- Hadley, nn Haddie
Points of consideration:
- Our last name starts with an S and we don’t mind the alliteration/think it’s kinda cute.
- We have one couple friend (who we’re not incredibly close with) that named their daughter Sadie six months ago, so it feels slightly “taken” to me
- What we’re looking for in a name: classic, somewhat unique but not too try-hard, and good nickname potential
- My girl name frontrunner was Hadley for a while but I’ve recently come around on Savannah
- My husband’s frontrunner is Savannah and I really like it but I have two fears: is it too Southern? Also, it seemed to have peaked in US popularity in the mid-90s…are we going to be like those parents who named their daughter “Peggy” or “Carol” in the mid-80s (when those names peaked in the 60s)?
Can you tell this decision is making me neurotic?!