I’m due with our first in two weeks and we are stuck on names and I’m feeling slightly panicked. We’re Team [name_u]Green[/name_u] but this is what we’ve narrowed it down to on the girl side:
- [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], nn [name_f]Savvy[/name_f] or Sav
- [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], nn [name_f]Haddie[/name_f]
Points of consideration:
- Our last name starts with an S and we don’t mind the alliteration/think it’s kinda cute.
- We have one couple friend (who we’re not incredibly close with) that named their daughter [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] six months ago, so it feels slightly “taken” to me
- What we’re looking for in a name: classic, somewhat unique but not too try-hard, and good nickname potential
- [name_f]My[/name_f] girl name frontrunner was [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] for a while but I’ve recently come around on [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
- [name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s frontrunner is [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and I really like it but I have two fears: is it too Southern? Also, it seemed to have peaked in US popularity in the mid-90s…are we going to be like those parents who named their daughter “[name_f]Peggy[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Carol[/name_f]” in the mid-80s (when those names peaked in the 60s)?
[name_m]Can[/name_m] you tell this decision is making me neurotic?!