Due in two weeks! Which name do you prefer?

I’m due with our first in two weeks and we are stuck on names and I’m feeling slightly panicked. We’re Team [name_u]Green[/name_u] but this is what we’ve narrowed it down to on the girl side:

• [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], nn [name_f]Savvy[/name_f] or Sav
  • [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], nn [name_f]Haddie[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]

Points of consideration:

• Our last name starts with an S and we don’t mind the alliteration/think it’s kinda cute.
  • We have one couple friend (who we’re not incredibly close with) that named their daughter [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] six months ago, so it feels slightly “taken” to me
  • What we’re looking for in a name: classic, somewhat unique but not too try-hard, and good nickname potential
  • [name_f]My[/name_f] girl name frontrunner was [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] for a while but I’ve recently come around on [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
  • [name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s frontrunner is [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and I really like it but I have two fears: is it too Southern? Also, it seemed to have peaked in US popularity in the mid-90s…are we going to be like those parents who named their daughter “[name_f]Peggy[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Carol[/name_f]” in the mid-80s (when those names peaked in the 60s)?

[name_m]Can[/name_m] you tell this decision is making me neurotic?! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] is adorable

1 Like

Wonderful choices!! Here is my two cents:

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] : We were in the NICU with a family who named their daughter [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] (nicknamed [name_f]Vanna[/name_f]) I love the nickname [name_f]Savvy[/name_f] … too cute! I still think it’s a refreshing choice ! I also like it’s a nod to the south . I wouldn’t think of this as a problem unless you are pairing it with the middle name [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]

[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]: I feel like [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] is trendy and popular but super cute. I love the nickname [name_f]Haddie[/name_f], which lends it a more vintage flair

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]: I love [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. It feels like it has roots and history. I know several with varying ages and I still don’t get sick of hearing it. It seems to age well.

No matter what you can’t go wrong and I feel like these are strong top contenders.

1 Like

SADIE!!! (sorry just love it)

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote off the bat is [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] but I do feel the middle name choice could make all the difference.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]!! Especially nickname [name_f]Vanna[/name_f]

[name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] would also be a lovely choice

1 Like

These aren’t really my style, but the nn [name_f]Haddie[/name_f] is so cute that I think I have to go with [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is a close second.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite name is [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], but [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] seems to be “the one”. All the names fit into the southern theme, but I don’t think they are “too southern”. Despite the fact that [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] reached its highest popularity a few years ago, I don’t find it dated. I can still picture a baby or little girl named [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] in 2020. On the other side, [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] answers your request to find an uncommon name with a good nickname potential without trying to hard.
Perhaps, [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] or [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]?

1 Like

I like [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] a lot - funky and cute.

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] nn [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]?

1 Like

I like all of them, but my favourite has got to be [name_u]Hadley[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]! All the best!

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], even though -ley names are not normally my style. There’s just something so feisty and sleek about [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] (I think it’s the influence of [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_m]Freeman[/name_m] getting to me).

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] are both pretty choices too, though. +1 for this suggestion :point_down:

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

[name_u]Hadley[/name_u] nn [name_f]Haddie[/name_f] is so cute! I like [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] too but I can understand not wanting to use it as it feels taken. [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] does sound very southern and a little dated to me, but that’s probably because the only people I’ve known with that name have been very southern and would all be in their 20’s now.
Good luck!

1 Like

I’d definitely choose [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] over [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]. Not only does it give her more nickname options, it also sounds like a first name, and it isn’t as ‘trendeigh’ as [name_u]Hadley[/name_u].

I don’t think it’s too Southern at all. There are girls in [name_u]South[/name_u] [name_f]Africa[/name_f] and Australia named [name_f]Savannah[/name_f].

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] isn’t so bad, either, but it doesn’t give her as many options as [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] would (maybe Sav or [name_f]Savvy[/name_f] would suit her when she’s younger, but she’ll want to be [name_f]Anna[/name_f] when she grows up?)

1 Like

I like [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] best, I find it more timeless and cute.

I wouldn’t worry about someone you know already using the name. [name_f]My[/name_f] friend already had a son [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] before I called my son [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. I felt bad about it but it seems to be okay :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in love with [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]. I’ve loved it for awhile. It makes me think of the [name_f]English[/name_f] countryside and [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_m]Richardson[/name_m]. [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] sounds southern to me, but it’s all about what you love for your baby. When I was stuck with my second girl, I picked out two names with middles and waited until I saw the baby, which sounds mad I know. I knew within a few minutes what was right for her, and I’m still happy with the choice (She’s 4 now). I’m due in [name_u]August[/name_u] and think I’ll do it again, as I’m torn between two middle names. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is cute, but it sounds like you’re not totally sold?

1 Like

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]. Without a doubt!

1 Like

Yes @rukiayuzu ! That’s exactly where I first heard the name [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]—I love [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_m]Hemingway[/name_m] :slight_smile:

To all the commenters:
Thank you all so much for your input. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are loving reading all of your thoughtful responses. (And please keep 'em coming! haha)

I think we’re going to narrow it down to [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] or [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], and then once we meet the little bugger, we’ll hopefully just “know.” (If she turns out to be a girl!) I so appreciate your input!

1 Like

I am a huge fan of alliterative names! I think it makes them much more memorable. Plus, [name_f]Savvy[/name_f] is an adorable nickname.

I think I would nix [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] because of the reason you gave.

I love [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], but I prefer it in full. It’s cute, yet also fashionable. I feel like it would age well.

I don’t think [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] will be a [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] or [name_f]Carol[/name_f]. It definitely has a strong Southern vibe, but I don’t think that limits it at all. Although, it is very easy to add a hard twang to it. :joy: But I think [name_f]Savvy[/name_f] would eliminate that!

I would vote for [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], runner-up [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], and eliminate [name_f]Sadie[/name_f].

1 Like

Out of these, I really like [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]!
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] is a nice choice too.
Since someone in your circle recently named their daughter [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] I would probably default to [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]. I don’t personally read [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] as southern at all.

I’m not a fan of [name_u]Hadley[/name_u].

1 Like