EleanorVintage's Past Decades Rename 🌸

I was inspired by @Scottie491 to create this post based on the topic of Trade Your Talents in the Aesthetics Exchange!

I did a few renames already and really loved it so I thought I’d open it up more to everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@rosepip, @Eileithyia & @acajou already did a similar thing but I thought I’d put an EleanorVintage twist on it and thus my past decades rename was born!

RULES
All you have to do is tell me a decade (between 1900-2010) and a few adjectives or a short paragraph that describes you and I will try and name you based on names that were popular in the decade that you have given me. Also, don’t forget to specify whether you would like a male or female name :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Have Fun :two_hearts:

11 Likes

Ooooh! Could I have a renaming from the 50s please! female names please (I know you have already done one for me but I really loved the last one - hope its not too much trouble)

Bit about me

I am average height with blonde hair and green eyes. I am 33 and a professional dancer. I’m [name_f]English[/name_f] but haven’t lived there for almost 20 years (we are moving back permanently this summer!). I’m very into vintage clothing from 70s-90s. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite colour is green

1 Like

great idea!! i’d like a masculine name from the 20s <3

about me !

i have dark brown hair and hazel eyes. i’m planning on becoming a high school history teacher or therapist after college. i enjoy writing & drawing :))
my favorite color is blue and i like dark academia fashion !

2 Likes

@EmilyMcA Not at all! I love doing them :two_hearts:

Your 1950s name is marilyn renee.

explanation

I know marilyn seems like an obvious choice when we think of the 50s but it’s one of my favourite names of that era. When reading your description I imagined someone who is good at many different things and one of the more active members of her circle of friends. Someone who is bubbly and enthusiastic about life! There are a few 50s names that I played with like diane & lois, but in the end I went with marilyn. Like your 2000s name, I wanted something that sounded like she could be anything and that to me encapsulates marilyn! I went with renee for your second name as a nod to ballet. They say that ballet is the foundation of dance and I felt a [name_u]French[/name_u] name made sense. It’s not an overly frilly name like capucine or amandine but it was popular in the 50s and I felt it complimented marilyn, making her sound grounded and no-nonsense but also fun which I think dancers are!

1 Like

@venezio Your 1920s name is charles richard lawrence.

explanation

I wanted something that sounded scholarly and upright. charles is a name seeped in history and literature. All manner of royals, charles dickens & charles baudelaire, as well as charles dodgson who’s pen name was lewis carrol (the author of alice in wonderland) all carry the name. Which is why, when you mentioned you wanted to be a high school history teacher and you enjoy writing, I thought charles seemed appropriate. I couldn’t decide between charles or richard which is what I initially thought of when I read your description. So I used richard for your first middle name. It’s another historical name and was #32 in the Top 100 of 1924. Your second middle name is a nod to laurie in ‘Little Women.’ He initially proposed to jo who was a writer but ended up marrying amy who was an artist so I thought it was a nod to both of your interests and hobbies! lawrence was #62 in the Top 100 and I chose that particular spelling because I thought it looked more masculine!

1 Like

I love this idea!

Summary

I am 17 years old and have dirty blond hair with a couple of really blond streaks. [name_f]My[/name_f] eye color switches between gray, blue, and green depending on the outfit I am wearing. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite color is green, I live in the US, and my clothing style is comfy.

@AKGirl do you have a specific decade you would like me to base your names from?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

thank you so much!! i love it!! <3

1 Like

I am in love with this! I might have to add it to my UC wow :heart: Thank you so much!

1 Like

I’d love a girl’s name from the 40s please!

About me

I’m 19 years old with blue eyes and brown hair, which I’m planning on dyeing purple soon. I love trying all different sorts of crafts and really love the cottagecore aesthetic.

1 Like

@BronwynParry1 Your 1940s name is daphne jean.

explanation

There were a few names I could have given you. I wanted something slightly more traditional sounding as you mentioned cottagecore but that equally sounded 1940s. I also wanted something kind of spunky as you said you wanted to dye your hair purple. I think it takes guts to dye your hair any colour to be honest! I thought about anne & hazel but they seemed too soft. They were also popular in multiple previous years to the 1940s and I didn’t want that. heather & frances also stood out to me but they again didn’t seem quite right. In the end I went with daphne. She’s got spark but also has that comforting and warm vibe to her. I wanted a short name for the middle because daphne had quite a lot about her. I liked jean for the middle because it sounded more grounded than jane but less blunt than joan and quite traditional. I could also imagine jean to be quite into arts & crafts (and knitting!). I would quite like a friend called jean!

1 Like

Thank you, I adore [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], and [name_u]Jean[/name_u] works so well with it!

1 Like

Oh, yes sorry. 1930s please :blush:

1 Like

ooh, i’d love a 1960s male name!

abt me

i’m 5’5, brown hair and green eyes. i’m super into music and languages, and i play acoustic and bass guitar, although i wish i had the dexterity for banjo. i also draw every day, and my favorite color is orange.

1 Like

This is such a fun idea! I’d love a 1960’s female name :blush:

About me

I’m about 5’5 with golden brown hair and brown eyes. I wear glasses and I love reading, with my favorite author being [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]! I enjoy rom-coms, dancing, and traveling. I’m a bit introverted, but I am cheerful and bubbly around those I am comfortable with. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite color is purple!

1 Like

@AKGirl Your 1930s name is velma jill.

explanation

Your eye colour switching really intrigued me. It made me think of someone with magical powers. Someone mysterious. My first thought was constance. It felt witch-like but not mysterious enough. Then I thought about ramona but that was the opposite. She was mysterious but not witchy enough! So I went with velma. She felt young yet vintage with just the right amount of witchcraft and mystery. For your middle, your comfy clothing style and the description of the blond streaks in your hair made me think of a really cool and laid back person. I thought someone like that needed a short and spunky name. Something slightly modern sounding but still popular in the 1930s and jill seemed to do the trick!

@birdbrain Your 1960s name is gareth glenn.

explanation

You sound an exceedingly cool person. So naturally I didn’t want an overtly ‘old man’ type of name. Thats the fun thing about the 60s. You’ve got names that have been popular since the 1900s mixed with names that are beginning their popularity journey and will stay in the Top 100 for the next 40 years or so. However, saying that I didn’t want an ‘old man’ type of name, I reckon you could 100% pull off a flat cap (which I believe one must wear when playing the banjo!), and a name like keith so that’s what I wanted for your middle! keith & glenn are two of my favourite stereotypical ‘old men’ names and I really wanted to use them. I considered craig, daniel, darren & ian for your first names (they all just seem like a cool guys name) and I really liked ian glenn. Then I remembered that there was an actor called iain glen and that put me off! I didn’t like ian keith so I stuck by my first impression name which was gareth. gareth keith sounded wrong so I went for the alliteration of gareth glenn! gareth is a Welsh name and glenn is Scottish. Wales traditionally has some history with their language surrounding ‘The Welsh Not,’ and are a nation famous for their love of singing, with Wales being referred to as the ‘Land of Song.’ Scottish folk music can be played using the guitar among many other instruments so I thought the two names tied in beautifully with your love of music and languages!

@jalexis15 I honestly couldn’t decide so I gave you two names!

Your 1960s names are carol-ann louise & pauline jayne

explanation

You sound quite a sophisticated and studious person but with a fun side to you as well. I wanted a grown up and traditional sounding name but not one that was overly pompous or grand. I thought about angela but I thought she sounded a bit too modern. I liked carol because she seemed genuine and friendly which was the vibe I was getting from your description. She also sounded quite grown up but by adding ann onto her, it seemed to make her more fresh, cheerful and younger. But then I found pauline and she seemed a nice fit as well. She is thoughtful and ernest but there is something playful about her too. For your middles, I liked louise because whilst its a nice classic name, it made me think of someone who also has a twinkle in her eye. You have to watch her as she could be unassumingly mischievious. I also liked jayne which was a popular spelling variation in the 1960s. The ‘y’ in the middle gives it a playful feel. It is also a nod to your favourite author of jane austen!

3 Likes

Thank you! [name_f]Velma[/name_f] [name_f]Jill[/name_f] does seem to fit me!

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Gareth[/name_m] [name_u]Glenn[/name_u]! It’s perfectly balanced : )

1 Like

I love them! Carol-Ann [name_u]Louise[/name_u] is so fresh and cheerful, and [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] is so sophisticated and friendly :purple_heart:

1 Like

this is cool!!

a bit about me!!

i would say im average height with blonde hair and blueish-grey eyes. im 18 and i am in collage as a fine arts major! im Asian-American and im moving aroung everywhere trying to find my place to stay. i like modern/black clothing and my favorite color is purple!

1 Like