Trade Your Talents in the Aesthetics Exchange!

I love all of the threads offering aesthetics, song matching, name writing, descriptive associations, etc. and I always want to do something in return for those that create something for me.

So, I thought it would be fun to have a trading thread! [name_m]Just[/name_m] post the talent or skill you are offering (can be anything) and others can reply with the talent or skill they are offering in exchange.

To make sure things don’t get confusing, if you will please tag the poster in your reply, so we can all see who you are trading with, I think that’d be good.

To start us off, I’m offering Bold and [name_f]Busy[/name_f] Collages for Names or Combos, similar to this:

Thanks in advance for participating! Have fun!

10 Likes

@Scottie491 These collages are so beautiful I can’t stop looking at them - all the layers :eyes: :heart_eyes: Please could you make me one for [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]?
I am offering childhood day in the life descriptions based on single names or combos. You can specify an age between 0 & 4 if you’d like to.

3 Likes

Wow this is such a great idea!!

@EdgeOfTheMeadow I would love to have a description of my 3 year olds if you can: [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] & [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_u]Teagan[/name_u] :slight_smile:

@Scottie491 Could I have a board for [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] please?

• I am offering UC readings! I have been told that I have a calming accent so perhaps I could use that to my advantage here!
  • I am also offering a song matching station where you give me 1 or two 2 combos (or single names) and I will give you a song which I think matches the vibe/aesthetic! - I have quite an eclectic taste in music so expect songs from the likes of Metallica to [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] to Wham!
2 Likes

This sounds such a fab idea! :nerd_face: I’d love to join in if I may? :two_hearts:

@Scottie491 You make stunning collages :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: absolutely gorgeous! Would you be able to do one for julia frances please?

@EdgeOfTheMeadow a childhood day in the life sounds so much fun!! could you do one for joanna charlotte aged 4?

@EmilyMcA yet more fab ideas! I’d love for you to find songs that match leanne rachel & victoria joanne!

• I am offering a past decades rename! All you have to do is tell me a decade (between 1900-2010) and a few adjectives or a short paragraph that describes you and I will try and name you based on names that were popular in the decade that you have given me. Also, don’t forget to specify whether you would like a male or female name :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
4 Likes

Of course!!

For [name_f]Leanne[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] I am getting an early 2000s vibe so I will go for ‘Without You’ - [name_f]Christina[/name_f] Aguilera and ‘The Only Exception’ - Paramore

For [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] I am feeling strong 70s vibes so I will match her with ‘SOS’ - ABBA and ‘Please Mr Postman’ - Carpenters

@EleanorVintage I would love a past decade re-name! I’ll go for the 2000s (I was in my teens!)

A bit about me (just let me know if you need anything more)

I am average height with blonde hair and green eyes. I am 33 and a professional dancer. I’m [name_f]English[/name_f] but haven’t lived there for almost 20 years (we are moving back permanently this summer!). I’m very into vintage clothing from 70s-90s. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite colour is green :slight_smile:

1 Like

@EmilyMcA So this was a bit more action packed than what I normally come up with! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you like it.

[name_u]James[/name_u] Theodore...

…looks up from his bowl with a thoughtful expression on his face. Something has caught his eye as he was eating his cereal. He swings his legs over the bench and runs to his wellies which are by the back door. With some effort, he gets them on (the wrong feet) and runs out onto the lawn.
[name_u]James[/name_u] saw a bird, an unusual bird - bright yellow - flying from his house into the birch tree in the garden next door. Its silvery trunk rises up over the garden fence and its leaves dapple their grass in amber crescents in the autumn. [name_u]James[/name_u] thinks of these bright, autumn treasures in the grass and wonders if it was a leaf he saw, but it is early summer now and the leaves are deep green. He frowns and thinks, little brown eyebrows furrowing.

There it is, a bird like Tweetie Pie from a very old cartoon that Daddy showed him once, sitting in the tree! James’ eyes widen and he takes an awed breath. As he watches, a large, sleek magpie careens into the Tweetie Pie bird and they fall, squawking, below the fence where [name_u]James[/name_u] can’t see them.
“Hey! Hey,” shouts [name_u]James[/name_u]. “Not hurt him, big stinky bird!” There is part of the garden that’s divided by chicken wire. [name_u]James[/name_u] runs to where the fence ends and the chicken wire begins. He grabs hold and presses his face sideways against the hexagonal gaps, straining to see through and into the part of the neighbour’s garden where the birds fell. What he can see makes his chin wobble: the magpie is pecking at and flapping over the little yellow bird! He runs back along the wooden fence and starts to climb. [name_u]James[/name_u] is not allowed to climb the fence but right now he is glad he has practised: He needs to help the bird. His thick wellington boots don’t make it easy, but he manages to shift up from the concrete post to the sticking out knot and get one hand, then the other, over the top of the fence and pull his chin up and over.
“Hey, get off - get off - Mamaaaaaa!” [name_u]James[/name_u] shouts, looking back towards the house.
His Paw Patrol ball catches his eye. [name_u]James[/name_u] lets go of the fence and falls all the way down, bumping his back. He’s stunned for a second, then he remembers what he needs to do. He hooks his ball under his arm and climbs again. It’s difficult and the ball starts rolling out from his arm, but he makes it. Shaking with the effort of keeping his purchase, he rolls the ball up the fence and onto his palm. He aims down at the birds and Boomph - [name_u]Chase[/name_u] and [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] bomp the magpie on the head; it caws angrily and flies away. As this happens, [name_f]Lena[/name_f] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] come out of their house crying, “Oh my goodness, Candy!” and hands take hold of [name_u]James[/name_u] under his armpits and lift him down. The adults discuss what has happened. Apparently [name_u]James[/name_u] has a scraped chin and knees from the splintery fence and will have “quite a good bruise” on his back from where he fell but he has saved [name_f]Candy[/name_f] the [name_f]Canary[/name_f]. He is a hero, just like [name_u]Chase[/name_u] and [name_m]Marshall[/name_m], who used to be his favourites before he started watching PJ Masks, but maybe they will be his favourites again now.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_u]Teagan[/name_u] to follow!

I would love to hear a UC [name_m]Reading[/name_m] from you!

3 Likes

Goodness wow - this is incredible thank you so much! Really made me smile!

I grew up on looney tunes cartoons and I am insistent that my children watch them as well so this part was really lovely :heart:

I will get onto the UC reading when I have a quiet house :laughing:

1 Like

@EmilyMcA I love both [name_f]Christina[/name_f] Aguilera and ABBA! I can just imagine a victoria joanne dancing round her bedroom in dungarees to ‘SOS’!

Here is your past decade re-name…

Your 2000s name is natasha jade.

explanation

Because you mentioned you are really into vintage clothing from the 70s-90s, I wanted a name that had stayed in the Top 100 consistently from then until the 2000s. The great thing about the 2000’s is that a lot of the names that were popular then had been carried over from the 80s & 90s so when you hear a name of someone who was born then, you often don’t hear it and immediately are able to put a specific decade on it. You are a professional dancer so I thought natasha had a few nicknames that could be used as a stage name if you wanted. To me, natasha could be someone who is trained in many styles of dance. She could be a ballerina or a hip hop dancer. I didn’t want a name to reflect a specific type of dance (ie, a more classical sounding name might immediately say a ballerina). jade was in the Top 100 in the year 2004 and I thought it complemented natasha perfectly when you said your favourite colour was green!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this was alright :two_hearts:

1 Like

@EleanorVintage

[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] is on a walk through the woods with her big brother. Mum has made a Scavenger [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] with items for [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] to find written on a piece of paper. When [name_u]Max[/name_u] came home from his club, [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] showed him:
“Here, Mum did writing and a picture to help me know what it says and that’s the box where I tick when I finded them things.” [name_u]Max[/name_u] is grumpy with his ear phones in but he smiles at [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] when she explains and they set off.
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] is wearing her purple dress with the fairy on it and the lace trim which her fingers want to go into like wiggly worms. When she does that, it makes mum say, “No, you’ll rip it!” [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] has the paper in the pocket of her dress.
[name_u]Max[/name_u] is earning pocket money by taking [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] out. He looks tired and maybe a bit cross, [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] thinks. She looks at the pictures Mum has drawn. A spider, a ladybird, a mushroom with a hand and a cross next to it for Don’t Touch, a pinecone and an acorn.
To get to the woods, they are walking down a little path that runs along the back of everyone’s gardens. [name_u]Max[/name_u] finds a stick, he twirls it and starts to look a bit happier. [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] holds his hand and he doesn’t mind her skipping, even though she bumps into him and pulls his arm about, which Mum and Dad don’t like.
“I know where there’s spiders,” says [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], brown curls bouncing.
“Do you - where?” asks [name_u]Max[/name_u].
“On Mrs Fisher’s wall,” [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] replies.
“Okay…sure,” says [name_u]Max[/name_u] dubiously.
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] runs ahead to the wall at the end of Mrs Fisher’s garden. It takes her a minute to slow down and find them, but there they are - tiny red spiders, so small that big people never see them. [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] wants to tick the spider box.
“Oh no, we forgotten to bring a pencil,” she calls to [name_u]Max[/name_u]. When [name_u]Max[/name_u] catches up, he is amazed at the spiders and says they might be mites but [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] can tick the box anyway. He picks a long blade of grass and rubs it against the box to make a green mark.
“That will be our tick,” [name_u]Max[/name_u] says. “No, don’t make green marks all over Mrs Fisher’s wall! Come on.” He confiscates the grass.
In the woods, [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] finds a mushroom. She reaches for it.
'Joanna Charlotte!" [name_u]Max[/name_u] booms to stop her. “Remember what mum said,” he reminds her gently. [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] looks at the Don’t Touch hand. She rubs a new blade of grass into the box beside it and skips off to look for ladybirds - when she finds one she names it [name_m]Gaston[/name_m], like the one in [name_m]Ben[/name_m] and Holly’s [name_m]Kingdom[/name_m]. She puts [name_m]Gaston[/name_m] in her pocket

Dad has made spaghetti bolognese for tea. [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] is eating from her [name_f]Peppa[/name_f] Pig bowl. [name_u]Max[/name_u] is sitting next to her, Dad is opposite and Mum is on a Zoom call in the next room. [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] doesn’t like any of her dinner because “it’s all touching together” and Dad doesn’t understand. [name_u]Max[/name_u] helps by making separate piles of onions, mince, tomato and mushrooms. That’s easier and [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] can eat more mince now without curly mince and slidey onion on her tongue at the same time.
“I want you to have at least some mushroom too,” says Dad.
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] takes Mum’s paper out of her pocket and shows Dad the Don’t Touch next to the mushroom. Dad laughs. When [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] looks back down at her bowl, she shrieks:
“Oh no, [name_m]Gaston[/name_m] is in my food!”
[name_u]Max[/name_u] snort-laughs and takes the squashed ladybird and some of the mushrooms he landed on, out of the bowl.
“Thank you [name_m]Gaston[/name_m], that’s much less to eat now,” she says.

2 Likes

@EdgeOfTheMeadow This was a sheer delight to read :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: joanna charlotte reminds me of me when I was that age. I would have named creatures that I found on my walk and talked to them, and taken everything very seriously just like she did with the mushrooms! I’ll also admit that I dont like my food touching even now so she was being 100% reasonable :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you so so much, I love everything about it! :two_hearts: You are a very talented writer :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you for making this! I’ve been wanting a thread like this for a long time but haven’t gotten around to doing it. I’ll certainly be back here in the near future to contribute!

3 Likes

That’s so beautiful - I have a very positive connotation of [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] (and she was a dance partner of mine!) so I really love it thank you!!

1 Like

@EdgeOfTheMeadow Here is your UC! Hope I pronounced everything correctly :slight_smile: :heart:

2 Likes

I don’t have the easiest UC - you did well with all the PN’s! Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I love this board you make :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i would ask you to make one for the combo: Adriano Lucas and in return I would help you coming up with combos of names you are stuck with

1 Like

I would like a description of 4 year old: Evelina Sofie, Adriano Lucas and Matilda Eloise if possible
And in return I will make board with the names you ask for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@EdgeOfTheMeadow

Here is your board for the exquisite [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]!

I would love a day in the life description for [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] Sunflower please (any age). Thank you!

2 Likes

@EmilyMcA Here’s your board for the adorable [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]!

[name_m]Can[/name_m] you please do songs for [name_f]Estelita[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and [name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] Rook? Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you so much - its lovely!

For [name_f]Estelita[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] I am having mixed vibes of 2000s from [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and 60s/70s from [name_f]Estelita[/name_f] - So I will try and mix it up a bit.

• ‘Pack Up’ - [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] Doolittle
  • ‘Voulez Vouz’ - ABBA

For [name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] Rook I am feeling 70s rock and blues vibes - I initially read Rook as [name_m]Rock[/name_m] and now its in my mind :joy:.

• ‘Take Me to the River’ - [name_m]Al[/name_m] [name_u]Green[/name_u]
  • ‘Black Night’ - Deep Purple
1 Like

@EmilyMcA

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Hallie[/name_f]

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is the beach with her family. She and her siblings have green buckets which they are filling with treasures. It’s a warm, windy day and Evangeline’s curls are whipping about. She pushes her hair back off her forehead with her sandy hand, making the bucket hanging over her wrist collide with her face. It doesn’t hurt but she is annoyed with the silly wind and the silly bucket. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] turns to the side and the wind pushes her hair back out of her face. She smiles and walks into the wind, looking for shells.
The sand feels warm and scrunchy under her feet. There’s a bit of grit between her teeth too. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] wants to spit it out but she knows it isn’t nice to spit, so she puts it on the edge of her tongue and hopes that her new friend, the wind, will blow it off. She spots something shiny and green in the sand. It’s a round jewel. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] puts it into into her bucket and runs back to her family to show them.
“You’ve found a piece of glass! Look the sea has made it all smooth,” says her aunt. “You’ve got a lot of sand on your face.” She starts to wipe [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] with a wet-wipe. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] sticks her tongue out so she can wipe the sand off and then she realises that it isn’t there anymore.
“I got sand on my tongue but the wind taked it away for me,” she shared.
“Really?” says her aunt and all of the adults smile and look at her fondly.
[name_u]James[/name_u] wants to go into the sea again. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] isn’t so sure. She fell over last time as she lost her balance when the water came rushing in and made her feel like she was moving.
“Let’s hold hands,” suggest [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] agrees.
The children hold hands, with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] in the middle. They walk together, slowly, feeling the water sloop around their ankles and rise up their calves. The water remains shallow a long way out, so the adults watch them from the sand. The green water lifts and crashes, making foam spill and dance towards them.
“Let’s stop here,” [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] tells her siblings when the water reaches her knees. A swell is gathering and getting larger.
“It’s a big one coming!” shrieks [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] with delight.
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] feels excited and unsure. The water is sucked out towards the wave and for a second she can see her feet, toes digging into the sea bed. The wave breaks and water rushes through them. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] thinks that she might fall again, but she has [name_u]James[/name_u] and Lucia’s hands and they don’t move. The water starts going out and down again. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] feels exhilarated. She laughs and looks at [name_u]James[/name_u], who is laughing too, and at [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] who can’t see anything because her hair band has come out and all of her hair is over her face.
“Lulu, look this way,” she says, showing her sister how the wind will help her. All of the children look left along the shore, and their aunt takes a photo of them smiling into the wind, holding hands, with their hair streaming and shining in the sun.

4 Likes