You give me some combos - I give you a song that matches the vibe!

Pretty much what the title says - inspired by @anon35922409, this is pretty much the opposite of her thread :slight_smile:

I also got the idea from @Scottie491’s Trade Your Talents in the Aesthetics Exchange! topic where I have done a few of these and really enjoyed it (I would recommend checking the thread out, there are some amazing talents in there and everyone can get something out of it!)

Rules

• You can give me up to 3 combos/singles at a time and I will give you two songs in return that I think match the vibe
  • You can come back as many times as you want!
  • It may take a little longer for me to fit the vibe with some combos/singles so if I skip you, I haven’t forgotten you - don’t worry
  • Please let me know the genders of the combos/singles to avoid confusion
  • Please let me know if you don’t want any songs with explicit lyrics

Be prepared to get songs from a REAL mix of genres because I do have an eclectic taste in music :slight_smile:

Enjoy! :heart:

6 Likes

yay! i’ll be the first commenter in return ^^

i’d love to hear what songs come to mind from joni clover (f) and bill foster (b)!

1 Like

i would love to see what you get for persephone olivia cecily, aurembiaix circe elektra, and eurydice manon agatha (all girls) !

1 Like

For [name_u]Joni[/name_u] [name_f]Clover[/name_f] I there is a very clear 70s vibe for me :wink: (I will give you an extra one here because I love [name_u]Joni[/name_u] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] so much :joy:)

• ‘California’ & ‘Help Me’ - [name_u]Joni[/name_u] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
  • ‘I [name_m]Feel[/name_m] The [name_f]Earth[/name_f] Move’ - [name_f]Carole[/name_f] [name_m]King[/name_m]

For [name_m]Bill[/name_m] [name_m]Foster[/name_m] I feel slightly contrasting but complimentary vibes - [name_m]Bill[/name_m] is very 70s whilst [name_m]Foster[/name_m] is more 2010s so…

• ‘Gimme Thee Steps’ - Lynyrd Skynyrd
  • ‘Pumped Up Kicks’ - [name_m]Foster[/name_m] The People

:heart:

1 Like

@kayv

Of course!

Caden Felicity Atwood - Caden gives me modern indie vibes whilst Felicity and Atwood are quite vintage with a twist so I will go for…

• ‘A-Punk’ - Vampire Weekend
  • ‘Get It While You Can’ - Janis Joplin

Ezra Caldwell - I can’t see Ezra without thinking of George Ezra so you get…

• ‘Budapest’ - George Ezra
  • ‘Do I Wanna Know?’ - Arctic Monkeys

Cairo (love this name) - This has an obvious connection to Egypt but I also get fairly modern indie vibes from it so…

• ‘Walk like an Egyptian’ - The Bangles
  • ‘Smoke and Mirrors’ - Gotye

Hope you like these!

Certainly!!

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] - I’m feeling 70s chic vibes here…

• ‘Knowing Me, Knowing You’ - ABBA
  • ‘Yesterday Once More’ - Carpenters

[name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f] [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Elektra[/name_f] - I love the mystical vibe I’m getting here (and I will give you three here because the first song is very short!)

• ‘Making Mirrors’ - Gotye
  • ‘Orinoco Flow’ - [name_f]Enya[/name_f]
  • ‘Flashed Junk Mind’ - Milky [name_u]Chance[/name_u]

[name_f]Eurydice[/name_f] [name_f]Manon[/name_f] [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] - I see a clear [name_u]French[/name_u] theme here (which I love :slight_smile:) so here is will go for (I will also give you three here because I love all of them for this lovely lady)

• ‘Heureuse’ - Édith [name_f]Piaf[/name_f]
  • ‘Nocturne No.2 in E-Flat [name_m]Major[/name_m], Op. 9 No. 2’ - [name_m]Frédéric[/name_m] Chopin, [name_u]Park[/name_u] Eun Shik
  • ‘Fly Me To The Moon’ - [name_m]Frank[/name_m] Sinatra

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] these are ok!

1 Like

oh, this is so fun!! thank you for doing this!!

I would love to see what you think of for [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] (g) and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] (b), please!
thank you!!

1 Like

@regionlatbest

Gladly!

Both Ruby Elanor and Theodore Ocean are just so perfect :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ruby Elanor - When I see Elanor (in any form) I always think of the Beatles song, and Ruby gives me strong 60s hippy vibes (I will give you three here because there are so many great songs I can match with this!)

• ‘Eleanor Rigby’ - The Beatles
  • ‘Ruby Tuesday’ - Rolling Stones
  • ‘Build Me Up Buttercup’ - The Foundations

Theodore Ocean - I am getting very soft, flowy vibes from this (and again I will have to give you three names here - my sons middle name is Theodore and I can’t help associate the name with one of his favourite songs, or rather the song that I play a lot that he enjoys listening to :joy:)

• ‘Blue’ - Joni Mitchell
  • ‘Let It Go’ - James Bay
  • ‘Just The Way You Are’ - Billy Joel (the extra song)

Hope these are ok!

Someone who loves [name_u]Joni[/name_u] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m], the Beatles, [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], and [name_m]Frank[/name_m] Sinatra?! Sign me up !! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’d love to see what you get for some combos I’m currently thinking about when you have the chance: [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] (b), [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Liesel[/name_f] (g), and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Kenelm[/name_m] (b); thank you for doing this!!

1 Like

Always happy to see someone else who likes the classics!!

Jamie August (love this!) - The name Jamie is very strongly associated with a song which doesn’t necessarily match the vibe but I will include it anyway. I am feeling something very gentle and summery, both 60s hippy and modern indie!

• ‘Jamie’s crying’ - Van Halen
  • ‘Blame it on me’ - George Ezra
  • ‘House of the Rising Sun’ - The Animals

Mae Liesel - Mae imidiately gives me strong 60s vibes but Liesel is much more romantic and intimate. I also get a French feel from this name so I will also give you three for this one!…

• ‘And I Love Her’ - The Beatles
  • ‘Non, je ne regrette rien’ - Édith Piaf
  • ‘At Last’ - Etta James (you have got one of my favourite songs of all time here!)

Henry Kenelm - Very strong, courageous vibes here, but also a very vintage feel…

• ‘You Make Loving Fun’ - Fleetwood Mac
  • ‘You May Be Right’ - Billy Joel

hope these are ok for you!!

1 Like

Thank you!! I love these!!

1 Like

i would love to hear what you think when you hear [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] (g)!! such a good idea btw

1 Like

of course!

[name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] - [name_u]Wren[/name_u] made me think immediately of the bird which then lead to the Beatles song ‘Blackbird’! From [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] I get a cool modern kinda vibe (I’ll give you three songs here because you’ve only requested one!)

• ‘Blackbird’- The Beatles
  • ‘Mean’ - [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]
  • ‘Fluorescent Adolescent’ - Arctic Monkeys

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you like them :heart:

1 Like

thank you!!!

1 Like

Ooh. I love this idea!

Would you do one for [name_f]Alma[/name_f] (f) and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] (m)?

1 Like

I’ve always loved this idea! I’ll also jump on the talent trading bandwagon soon!

Would you be willing to do [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]? Thank you so much!

1 Like

Would you be able to do [name_f]Mia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Zalia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Marion[/name_u] for me please?

1 Like

[name_f]Maybelle[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Temperance[/name_f]

1 Like

@otri

No problem! There two would be the most adorable siblings!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_f]Alma[/name_f] - I’m getting 50s/60s jazz and blues vibes here…

• ‘Cow Cow Boogie’ - [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m], The Ink Spots
  • ‘My [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_m]Just[/name_m] Cares For Me’ - [name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] - Im really not sure why but [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] made me think of [name_m]Ed[/name_m] [name_m]Sheehan[/name_m] :joy: Overall I am getting gentlemanly, classy and sophisticated vibes but more on the modern side…

• 'Nice ‘n Easy’ - [name_u]Michael[/name_u] Bublé
  • ‘Thinking Out Loud’ - [name_m]Ed[/name_m] [name_m]Sheehan[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you like them :heart:

1 Like

@w8src

Of course!

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] - I can’t see [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] without thinking of [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] (my favourite Beatle!) I’m thinking very cool, retro pop rock vibes from this little man, I feel like he would be very into electric guitar (I will give you three songs here as there are so many amazing songs that fit the aesthetic!)

• ‘Get Back’ - The Beatles (I think George’s playing is particularly good here!)
  • ‘Highway To Hell’ - [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_u]Bowie[/name_u]
  • ‘Bad To The Bone’ - [name_u]George[/name_u] Thorogood & The Destroyers

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] - I can just imagine young [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] jumping around her bedroom to upbeat 60s music, very sunny, positive vibes here…

• ‘Little Bitty [name_f]Pretty[/name_f] One’ - [name_m]Thurston[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
  • ‘Please Mr. Postman’ - Carpenters

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] - For some reason I’m getting quite contrasting vibes here - 80s disco funk and modern alternative - So I will also give you three here to satisfy this…

• ‘Boogie Shoes’ - KC and The [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] Band
  • ‘Loaded’ - Primal Scream
  • ‘Scar Tissue’ - [name_u]Red[/name_u] Hot Child Peppers

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] these are ok for you!

1 Like