Eliana...your thoughts?

What do you think of the name [name]Eliana[/name] (pronounced elle-e-ah-nah)

Should i spell it [name]Elliana[/name]

What image does it bring to mind

Middle Name: [name]Karen[/name]

• note- no i’m not set on [name]Karen[/name], other middle names [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Jade[/name] i was considering

thanks =)
[name]Meg[/name].

I think it’s very pretty! Sort of classic with a touch of exotic, like [name]Katarina[/name] or [name]Natalia[/name]. I think the only drawback is the number of Ellies and Ellas at the moment, but they may not be as trendy in your area as they are where I am. I would definitely spell it with just one L though.

Is [name]Karen[/name] a name you’re using to honour someone? It’s a very different style to [name]Eliana[/name]. That may not bother you (and if it’s to honour someone, that may be the most important thing), but if you’re not set on it as it is, you might consider:
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Caryn[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Caron[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] ([name]Karen[/name] is a derivative of [name]Katherine[/name])

I’m honestly not digging it. It feels rather pretentious. There are other-ana names I like much better. That said, [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Karen[/name] does flow well.

I like [name]Eliana[/name] a lot. It means “sun” in Hebrew. [name]Elena[/name] is also nice, and means “bright, shining one” (like the sun?), a variant of [name]Helen[/name].

I also like [name]Karen[/name]. :slight_smile: If you want to use [name]Karen[/name] but a variant, check out the entry for [name]Catherine[/name] and also the long list of [name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]'s International Variations. I know everyone tends to think this name is somewhat dated, but I’ve always liked how it looks and sounds. It’s unembellished and simple as it gets, and I think, a fine, uncommon, choice that will not seem out of place. [name]Katherine[/name] is more classic, a fine choice, but an easy, mild, non-risk. My cousin’s middle name is [name]Catherine[/name] (maybe with a K?) and her mom often called her ____-y [name]Cat[/name] as an endearment (not as a full-fledged nickname used by all). [name]Ellie[/name] [name]Cat[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name] [name]Kate[/name] would be cute, although Alley [name]Cat[/name]. Uh, yeah. Think that through. :slight_smile:

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] is hard to say and [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Hannah[/name] rhymes. [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] would be fantastic. I love the name [name]Jade[/name]. For some reason (possibly as the green stone), it is so close to [name]Jane[/name], but seems like a completely different name to me.

Best wishes!

[name]Eliana[/name] is beautiful! [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Karen[/name] is nice but from you other choices I really like [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name]. I feel it works very well. Like [name]Karen[/name] said [name]Jade[/name] is close to [name]Jane[/name] but really has it’s own feel to it. There are times when I like [name]Jade[/name] in the middle and times when I like [name]Jane[/name]. With [name]Eliana[/name] I like [name]Jade[/name] over [name]Jane[/name].

I agree - [name]Jade[/name] makes a gorgeous mn for [name]Eliana[/name]! It feels right on the border between edgy (1 clean syllable) and vintage (gem names). [name]Lovely[/name]!

I think that [name]Eliana[/name] (one L, not two) is gorgeous, and I love its meaning. From your middle name options, I like it best with the similarly exotic [name]Jade[/name].

[name]Just[/name] for fun:

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] (meer-AY)
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Eliana[/name]. It does sound a bit European but that isn’t a bad thing. We had [name]Elena[/name] on our list for our first daughter and I still love that one. [name]Just[/name] keep in mind that it is possible that she will get the nn [name]Ellie[/name]. An adorable nn, but also kinda popular these days and very cutsie. I prefer your other middle name choices to [name]Karen[/name].

i love it!!
i heard this name for the first time the other day when i was making a call out at work and i asked the woman her name and she said [name]Eliana[/name]… i was floored!! it’s such a beautiful name… and i love your choice of middle name… it’s a different style… but it works…
i love it!!

I adore [name]Eliana[/name]! It’s been lurking on my list for years. It has a such lovely exotic elegance to it :slight_smile:

I named one of my twins [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Mary[/name]. Her sister is [name]Finleigh[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]. Sadly [name]Ellie[/name] passed away due to a heart defect before she was born. Now I’m expecting another little girl. I might name her [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Mary[/name] (nn [name]Elsie[/name]) as a bit of an homage to her sister who didn’t make it. Needless to say… I love [name]Eliana[/name] and I prefer one L.

It’s seriously beautiful, and the name of one of my closest childhood friends, so I have nothing but good associations. I remember people mispronouncing it “[name]Elena[/name]” occasionally, but that’s the only downside I can think of, especially since it’s more widely recognized now than it used to be.

I really like [name]Eliana[/name]. Its become one of the tops on my list!

I really, really liked this name for my daughter. But when I asked my husband what he thought. He said it reminds him of [name]Elian[/name] Gonzalez. Now I can’t get that out of my head! I really don’t mind as much as he does about the similarity, but I don’t find the name as beautiful anymore.

[name]Love[/name], [name]Love[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliana[/name]! It is soooo beautiful, also the only person I know of called [name]Eliana[/name] was a supermodel! so bonus! (she died from an eating disorder but still…) I think it’s a very classy choice, with one ‘l’ though, not two. And it has lots of cute nicknames.
Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

[name]Eliana[/name] does NOT mean “sun” in Hebrew. It means “G-d has answered me.” A beautiful name. [name]Karen[/name] in Hebrew does mean sun’s ray. A name with a similar sentiment is Liat, (pronouned lee-aht) which means “you are for me.”

[name]Eliana[/name] Liat

If the baby will be born in the fall, how about “Stav” for a middle name, it means autum in Hebrew:

[name]Eliana[/name] Stav
or
[name]Eliana[/name] Stavit

[name]How[/name] about “Maor” meaning “shining object”

[name]Eliana[/name] Maor

Or “[name]Tal[/name]” meaning “dew”

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Tal[/name]

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] is pretty! I knew a little girl named [name]Ileana[/name], which is pronounced differently I think. (ILL-ee-ah-na vs. [name]ELL[/name]-ee-ah-na.) It’s just something different to consider.

I think I wrote that it did… that’s what the nameberry entry says. If it needs correction, a post to Subject: “Some of the meanings are wrong” in the All about Nameberry forum:

I looked up [name]Elian[/name], it says form of [name]Elijah[/name], for which the meaning is listed: “the [name]Lord[/name] is my God” in Hebrew. I don’t know if [name]Eliana[/name] is the direct feminization of [name]Elian[/name] or how that works in Hebrew. Thanks for the correction on the meaning.

I also did not know the meaning of [name]Karen[/name] in Hebrew (or that it had a meaning in Hebrew). [name]Just[/name] coincidence that it had a similar meaning of the listing for [name]Eliana[/name]? And that it’s my name also - very interesting. It is most commonly listed as a Greek form of the name [name]Catherine[/name], but if it has a Hebrew meaning as well, I think the more information, the better. Liat is also pretty.

Upon reading this, I was all set to fall back on memory from something I researched a while ago, that although similar [name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Ileana[/name] are two different names, not related; The entry for [name]Ileana[/name] says that it is a form of 3 different names:

[name]Iliana[/name] is Greek, meaning “from Ilium or [name]Troy[/name]”.
[name]Ilena[/name] is a Greek variation of [name]Helen[/name], and
[name]Ilana[/name] is Hebrew for “oak tree” (all according to Nameberry).

If Jillymommy or anyone else has any countering information, I would like to know, and I’m sure [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] would like to improve the accuracy of their website for all visitors, especially those who do not take time to discuss their searches and lists with the rest of us. So please enter any inaccuracies you find with them so we can all benefit.

Although I love [name]Eliana[/name], I do not like [name]Ileana[/name] so much but it may work well for the OP. I said before that I liked [name]Elena[/name], and I also liked [name]Ilana[/name] from the new list I found. The subtle shades of sound that makes a preference for one over another are very interesting to me.

I looked up [name]Elian[/name], it says form of [name]Elijah[/name], for which the meaning is listed: “the [name]Lord[/name] is my God” in Hebrew. I don’t know if [name]Eliana[/name] is the direct feminization of [name]Elian[/name] or how that works in Hebrew. Thanks for the correction on the meaning.

[name]Eliana[/name] is not a direct feminization of [name]Elijah[/name]. In Hebrew it means it is pronounced [name]Eliyahu[/name] ([name]Eli[/name]-[name]Lord[/name]; Ya-God; Hu=He the [name]Lord[/name] is my God.) I am not aware of [name]Elian[/name] being a shortened form of [name]Elijah[/name], at least in Hebrew. But it could be in other languages.

[name]Ilana[/name] is Hebrew for “oak tree” (all according to Nameberry).

If Jillymommy or anyone else has any countering information, I would like to know, and

As far as I know, [name]Ilana[/name] is indeed [name]Oak[/name] Tree in Hebrew.