🌻 emeraldsea’s name q + a thread

hello friends :waxing_crescent_moon:

i’m stuck in bed atm, so i thought i’d open up a thread for all questions name related!

you can ask me anything- sibling or middle name ideas, my thoughts on your favorites, or whatever else you can think of! really! i’m here for any of it.

i do ask that we keep it to one question at a time; once i’ve answered your first question, however, you’re more than welcome to ask another.

i can’t wait to answer your questions! :sparkles:

9 Likes

oh, this is such a cool thread idea, phoebe! :bouquet:

so here is my first question:
if you had two twins, b + g, what would you name them? do these names mean anything special to you?

1 Like

Would you name multiples differently than singletons?

1 Like

ooo i wasn’t expecting any questions about me! this’ll be fun… :honeybee:

if i had b/g twins i’d probably go with my top two, wilder and magnolia. i love the free-spirited vibe they both give. wilder is an ode to laura ingalls wilder, who detailed her experiences on the prairie i grew up on- i’ve always felt such a connection to her. the magnolia flower represents perseverance; something i’ve had to have in my life, but it also represents beauty, which something i believe comes from perseverance. for their middle names, i’d opt for jack and bea. jack honors my brother, my father, and my grandfather, while bea honors my boyfriend’s mother, and a few distant family members for us both.

so, long story short, they’d be…
wilder jack + magnolia bea :tulip::ear_of_rice:

5 Likes

oh, thats such a lovely pair, especially with the meanings behind the names :woman_fairy: that’s awesome!!

is it too early to request another question? :laughing:

1 Like

yes and no. with sibling names in general, i like my sibsets to be very cohesive, and with multiples, i suppose i would put extra emphasis on making sure the names sounded nice together. i wouldn’t, however, decide to do matching initials or something like that just because they’re multiples. i love to see how different people approach this, so here are a few ideas i’ve seen people irl do…

i’ve seen parents who had multiples name their twins names that began with the same letter (m), but then name all their other children an m name too!

and

i’ve seen parents who had triplets name them names with all different letters, but name the rest of their children names that started with the same letter.

i hope this gave some good insight! :dove:

1 Like

of course not! ask away friend!

1 Like

alright! here:
what imagery do you get from the sisterset saskia juniper + lilja clover? or you could do the sibset phoebe maeve + willa ivy :ear_of_rice: whichever one you prefer/ get stronger imagery from :honeybee:

1 Like

Nice idea (and I hope you feel better soon :heart:)

I’d love to hear your ideas for middle names for [name_f]Opal[/name_f]! I have [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f] currently, but not sure it quite feels right. Thank you :heart:

1 Like

How significant are name meanings to you?

1 Like

first of all, all these names are gorgeous!

i’ll start with saskia juniper + lilja clover… :mushroom:

these girls are waking to gather eggs for breakfast in the early morning mist, tea parties in the afternoon sun, and cuddling in home-knit quilts as the sun goes down. while saskia and lilja give me a effortlessly chic and european vibe, with juniper and clover, they feel soft and cottagecore, therefore i can picture these sisters living in a small cabin in the woods, surrounded by birdsong, wildflowers and tall pine trees :evergreen_tree::nest_with_eggs:

next, phoebe maeve + willa ivy… :dove:

these sisters give me more of a modern, gentle vibe. neutral colored jumpers, wooden toys, and minimalist bedrooms. these names have a timelessness to them, however, not tied to this generation like other names that give this vibe, making them gorgeous choices that fit in and stand out. :brown_heart::bow_and_arrow:

3 Likes

thank you so much :love_letter:

phoebe :face_holding_back_tears: this is so sweet!!

i love this so much :seedling:

these descriptions are so beautiful!! as the photos are, too. the vibes they gave you definitely aligned with mine :tulip: thank you so much!

1 Like

Such a fun idea! And I love your naming style so I’m going to ask you to hypothetically name one more baby for me (not having any more, but I love collecting names anyways). [name_f]My[/name_f] kids’ names are [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_u]Indie[/name_u] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

3 Likes

opal is a long time favorite of mine! :blossom:

opal keziah is lovely, but you might also like…

opal aviva
opal waverly
opal darling
opal lillian
opal arabella
opal bea
opal xanthe
opal harriet
opal eliora
opal fawn

while i love a name with a good meaning, a “bad” meaning doesn’t necessarily turn me off of a name. i often am drawn to choosing names more by the vibe they give, and the meaning they hold for me, whether that be as a family name or something else :sparkles:

2 Likes

I’ve been curious on this for a while. I adore how your style has evolved recently, and your [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] [name_u]Jack[/name_u] and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] are darling, but are you still a fan of your former favorites like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]?
Also, if you don’t mind answering another question, what are some of your favorite wild word names? I love some of the quirkier word choices you have on your list and I’d love some inspiration.

2 Likes

I love this idea, and I hope you feel better soon!

I’m curious — what would you suggest as a sibling for brothers [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u] nn [name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_m]Galileo[/name_m] [name_u]Fern[/name_u] nn [name_u]Sal[/name_u], & [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_u]Tarragon[/name_u] nn [name_f]Bee[/name_f]?

1 Like

@emeraldsea this are lovely! [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] are speaking to me :slight_smile: thank you!

1 Like

oh goodness, i’m so excited for this one. your children’s names are gorgeous!

with monroe beatrice, indie florence, and shepherd wilder, i’d go with…

arden dorothea :tangerine: for another sweet girl. arden has that modern strength that monroe and indie have, while still having a soft and neutral feel. dorothea, while not ending in the same sound as beatrice and florence, has a similar, vintage vibe.

and

bridger knox :cactus: for a baby brother. shepherd and wilder are my top two for a little boy, so i decided to go with two of my current favorites for his brother. bridger is cool, but has the same, rugged feel as shepherd, imo. knox is free spirited and wild like wilder!

that’s a great question! i agree, my style did take sort of a 180 in the past year. i still adore sweet classics like oliver thomas and eleanor june, and the others on my list at that time, however i’ve found that when i imagine my partner’s and my future children, those names just don’t quite fit anymore. the recent popularity, and number of eleanor’s and oliver’s i’ve met has turned me off of them too. i grew up with a really common name, and i always wished i had something a little more my own. i want to give that to my future children! :white_heart:

1 Like