šŸŒ» emeraldseaā€™s name q + a thread

and as for quirky word names, youā€™ve come to the right placeā€¦ :fallen_leaf:

my current favorites are fiddler, birdsong, and whimsy, but you can find my longer list hereā€¦

whimsical word names šŸŒ

able
acre
anthem
archer
arrow
atlas
august
beacon
bear
bee
birdsong
briar
blue
bowman
brave
bravery
chapel
clementine
clover
coast
cove
dusk
ever
evergreen
fable
feather
finch
forest
frost
given
golden
harbor
harvest
haven
hawk
honey
lark
lyric
marigold
maverick
noble
oak
poet
prairie
praise
primrose
prose
quest
quill
ransom
reef
remedy
revere
reverie
ridge
rise
rocky
roam
royal
shepherd
steele
sterling
stone
story
sunday
temple
thistle
vale
valley
venture
vision
wander
wanderer
whimsy
wilde
wilder
wildflower
wildrose
willow
winsome

1 Like

Oh my goodness, [name_u]Arden[/name_u] was a top contender for [name_u]Indie[/name_u] (we were so close to using it, I loved [name_u]Arden[/name_u] Wildflower) and [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] was my great grandmotherā€™s name! :laughing::clap: So perfectly spot on, I love it!

[name_u]Bridger[/name_u] [name_m]Knox[/name_m] definitely has that same cool, laid back vibe. I especially like [name_m]Knox[/name_m], with its rugged sound, but soft nature meaning! :sunrise_over_mountains:

Thanks again!

2 Likes

oh wow! arden wildflower is so pretty. we really do have very similar styles! :purple_heart:

1 Like

i really love the idea of marlowe as a brother or sister for these names! maybeā€¦

marlowe november sage :bug: ā€˜mariā€™

1 Like

Thatā€™s adorable! Thank you :blush:

1 Like

so glad you like it! you have such a gorgeous group there. i hope it did it justice! <3

1 Like

This is such a lovely thread to read through :heart:

Iā€™m going to ask, if you were given completely free reign to rename the people in your family, what would you name them? (Of course no need to include their original names for privacy!)

1 Like

so glad your doing this [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]! Iā€™m so excited!

I have two meaningful word names that I seriously canā€™t figure out how to pair, and Iā€™d love your input

any combo ideas for
[name_u]Bright[/name_u] & [name_u]Comet[/name_u], both for a boy

Iā€™d love something grounded and recognizable but still fresh and exciting :herb:

1 Like

oh wow! what a lovely question. letā€™s seeā€¦

iā€™d rename my mother, wisdom luna :butterfly: :sparkles:

because she already has a virtue name, and one that fits her very well, i wouldnā€™t change that aspect of her name. wisdom is one iā€™ve always really loved. itā€™s a saint name, and while my mother isnā€™t very religious, i love saint wisdomā€™s story and itā€™s always reminded me of my mom. luna is a part of the name of her reiki business. she has always been very drawn to the moon. iā€™d also consider wisdom margaret and wisdom lillian, for her love of vintage names.

iā€™d rename my father, shepherd heath :mountain_snow: :bow_and_arrow:

my dadā€™s real name is a lovely classic name, and while that fits him, i love the idea of him as a shepherd, because he has such a protective and caring nature. heath was the name my grandmother loved for him. she decide to go with the more ā€˜normalā€™ christopher, but i think heath really wouldā€™ve suited him. the whole combo sort of has a cowboy vibe, imo, and thatā€™s a lifestyle my dad has always really embraced.

iā€™d rename my little brother, evander gray :camping: :wood:

gray was easy. itā€™s the name my parents almost gave him. while i feel itā€™d be a bit too soft in the front for him, it makes a perfect middle. evander is for the meaning ā€˜good manā€™. something heā€™s really grown to become over this past year, as heā€™s turned fourteen. evander also has the name ā€˜evanā€™ in it, a form of john. my brotherā€™s real name is a surname that comes from the given name john.

for myself, iā€™d opt for tallulah bee ā€˜tulaā€™ :honeybee: :tulip:

tallulah ends in ā€˜hā€™, just like my name. iā€™ve always thought that gave such a feminine, airy feel. itā€™s meaning, ā€˜leaping waterā€™ honors where i was born, near the mississippi river. itā€™s also a saint, which is important to me. bee honors my grandmother, whoā€™s name is deborah. i feel like as a little kid i wouldā€™ve gone by tully, but iā€™ve definitely grown into a name like ā€˜tulaā€™, meaning ā€˜mountain peakā€™.

wisdom and shep, with tula and evander

1 Like

love this idea!

if you had two twin daughters, what rhyming names would you give them?

1 Like

such a fun thread!
A bit of a silly one but if you and I were naming a child, what would be your pick for their name? Could be based on each of our UCs or any names in general (since Iā€™m itching to redo my UC anyway)

1 Like

These are all so good and fun but your reasoning behind [name_m]Evander[/name_m] is especially sweet :heart:

1 Like

how lovely are bright and comet! :ringer_planet:

bright amias
bright woodrow
bright finnian
bright ambrose
bright ozias
bright dorian
bright evander
bright alaric

comet ashby
comet branigan
comet yves
comet fletcher
comet silas
comet jebediah
comet radley
comet frey

my two favorites are bright evander + comet frey

i hope you find something you love here :herb:

1 Like

ooo this is fun! i had an answer right awayā€¦

odetta maisie + loretta daisy :blossom:

1 Like

i love this question! your names are so darling. :bug:

for us, i really like wilder phineas or bram shepherd for a boy. and for a girl, maybe prairie thomasin or oona clementine! :tangerine:

1 Like

now iā€™m thinking that phineas wilder + oona clementine make a really cool sibling set! :fallen_leaf:

1 Like

Would you consider ā€œa brother-in-law Iā€™ve never metā€ too close to use his exact same first name? Itā€™s not a rare name if that matters.

1 Like

not at all! iā€™m a very strong believer in if you love a name, use it! iā€™ve known multiple people who shared common (and unique) names with family members they were close with as well as not close with. :sparkles:

1 Like

These names make me so happy - thank you for reminding me of [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] btw. [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] have both floated around my list and an endorsement from you makes me see them all the more clearly + I canā€™t decide which I love more between [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]. Either way, Iā€™ll surely be dreaming of these joyful sounding kids :tangerine::sheep::ear_of_rice::last_quarter_moon_with_face:

1 Like

ahh! iā€™m so happy you love them. bram shepherd and oona clementine just feel perfect for you. :yellow_heart:

prairie works well with a lot of your feminine favorites too, imo! :cherry_blossom:

1 Like